Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "call ended, call failed" on my 1.1.4 iphone

Default "call ended, call failed" on my 1.1.4 iphone
    Hey everyone,
    A co-worker of mine went out and got a 3g iphone today. He sold me his old iphone and I've spent about 4 hours hacking and restoring and unlocking this phone and i'm coming across the same roadblock every time i try and unlock the phone.

My phone works perfectly. I can access the web using wi-fi. I can get email, use it for music, etc.. all the features work perfectly on the phone with the exception of making and receiving phone calls, checking voice mail and sending and receiving text messages. I do NOT get a message saying "NO SERVICE" on my phone, in fact it looks like I have 1 bar of service. It does NOT say, however, that I am on t-mobiles network. Every call I attempt to make results in a quick "call ended" followed by a "call failed" message. Frustrating!

I've attempted changing the time/date, time zone, turning caller id on, swapping one sim for another activated t-mobile SIM card. Nothing seems to work.

This is my last hope. Please help me!!

edit: It's now, after being on for about 10 minutes, moved to no service.
    Last edited by nastynate302; 2008-07-13 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Follow the guides, which are available through a link at the top of this page to restore and re-jailbreak and unlock your phone. There's probably something you're missing which is causing your phone not to work properly.

dude ive had this problem for about 2 or 3 months now and its happen from out of the blue i have tmo as well and my phone was bran spankin new it didnt do it at the time my moms as well was well and one night i sleep get up and all this problems started on my mom and my phone ive done all i found think of and everything on google and ive even posted here and i gave up on it its got to be something with tmobile not the phone so i hope 2.0 will maybe fix it but i have no hope really i have also used a full fw restore and no backup and still same **** i have tried even all the software even on pc and mac nothing for a fix sorry to say

Ok, i understand that you have ver 1.1.4, right? And you can everything with ur phone but placing or receiving calls? If so, i guess that your phone was upgraded to ver 2.0, then downgraded back to 1.1.4. Let me know if i am right, i had same problem, was working 4 days to restore my iphone back to 1.1.4 after i did upgraded to 2.0 (how stupid i was), finally i got it and my phone is working fine back on ver 1.1.4. Let me know, maybe i can help u.

update:

I got the phone up and running. It turns out that when you upgrade your phone from 1.1.4 to 1.2.0 that it upgrades the baseband. You will need to find the patched ziphone 3 and downgrade the baseband. I found it on google and followed the steps found and voila. Working Iphone with Tmobile. For some reason over the last day or so it seems my service went from good to crap suddenly but it works.

Good luck and remember, fix your effing baseband 1.2.0 dweebs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nastynate302 For This Useful Post:

ianm55 (2008-10-16)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzio1963 View Post
    Ok, i understand that you have ver 1.1.4, right? And you can everything with ur phone but placing or receiving calls? If so, i guess that your phone was upgraded to ver 2.0, then downgraded back to 1.1.4. Let me know if i am right, i had same problem, was working 4 days to restore my iphone back to 1.1.4 after i did upgraded to 2.0 (how stupid i was), finally i got it and my phone is working fine back on ver 1.1.4. Let me know, maybe i can help u.
    i'm having this problem.. any advice?

Default IMP: same iphone problem
    YES, i have the same problem. I upgraded my phone to 2.0 than downgraded it bakk to 1.1.4 n now i can't make or recieve any calls.. if u know how how solve this than PLEASSEEE help me. thanks. hope to hear frm u soon

Quote Originally Posted by fuzio1963 View Post

i have a same problem as u metion it, please let me know how did do it to get to work.

thanks

I did ziphone too again to downgrade bootloader but still my iphone said the same thing call faild using t-mobile
    please help
    Last edited by polite; 2008-08-03 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

do i have to erase my baseband which is 04.05.04_G
    how do i have to do it /

Ok guys finaly found it, if you get this message call failed after jailbreak it with ziphone or anything else and your t-mobile didn't work as result of mistake i did and upgrade my phone to 2.0 and downgrade it again to 1.1.4 and my phone didn't work this is a solution
    Filename: _En__ZiPhone_patched_by_kIREmK_04.05.04_G.zip

that fix your baseband
    good luck
    Last edited by polite; 2008-08-03 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost