Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile 3G Coming Soon!!!!

Default T-Mobile 3G Coming Soon!!!!
    Hello I was told by a Rep for T-Mobile that they will have 3G by the end of summer and I was wondering will I be able to use the 3G iPhone with TMobile 3G Plan

Not unless apple included an antenna able to do there 1700mhz freq they are using for it. I have T-Mobile and im waiting on there HTC Dream that will launch in Q4 using android. I almost signed a contract with att today but luckily i went to T-Mobile first and heard about that phone. Gonna stick with 2g iphone for now on t-mobile.

I was gonna sign a att contract but decided not to but I'm thinking of getting a HTC diamond for now since it has GPS . I lost my iPhone this past monday and need a new phone

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitking02 View Post
    Hello I was told by a Rep for T-Mobile that they will have 3G by the end of summer and I was wondering will I be able to use the 3G iPhone with TMobile 3G Plan
    I read somewhere that tmobiles 3G network will be a different frequency from at&t so the 3G iphone won't be compatible with tmobiles 3G network.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

BOTH WRONG!
    the 3G tmobile is rolling out is for voice, not data, so no it will probly never work!
    3G voice is already out on tmobile in New York.
    their 3G data is not yet planned because it will most likely be the next version after 3G (not sure what the technical name is)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

french bum (2008-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    BOTH WRONG!
    the 3G tmobile is rolling out is for voice, not data, so no it will probly never work!
    3G voice is already out on tmobile in New York.
    their 3G data is not yet planned because it will most likely be the next version after 3G (not sure what the technical name is)
    Wow...you are very misinformed. T-Mo 3g is working for both voice and data in NYC. Where did you get your source? The only thing you're right about is the 3g iPhone not working for 3g on T-Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by shivers316 View Post
    Wow...you are very misinformed. T-Mo 3g is working for both voice and data in NYC. Where did you get your source? The only thing you're right about is the 3g iPhone not working for 3g on T-Mo.
    Sort of, unofficially data is turned on but its only slightly faster than EDGE, also everyone not to be mean but stop posting things about getting the iPhone to work on T-Mobiles 3G theirs already something like 20 threads about this

Thanks

Well I don't know about you but I'm getting pretty fast speeds when tethered to my t809.