Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-mobile Prepaid and T-Zones

  1. #1
    Default T-mobile Prepaid and T-Zones
    Hello. I'm new here.

    I just bought my first cell phone, an iPhone! (1st gen)

    I'll be unlocking. I realize a lot of the questions I'm going to ask have probably already been answered but this stuff gets complicated. So thank you ahead of time.

    I don't want to sign up for a 2 year contract which is why I'm jail breaking. Also I don't want to choose a plan and pay monthly (FlexPay). So the option that looks best for me is the T-mobile prepaid "pay as you go" service. ($100 for 1000 minutes, no cost per day)

    Will that option work on a jail broken iPhone?

    Second: This t zone hack intrigues me.

    I see that t zones cost $5.99 a month. However, if you look at the T-Mobile prepaid webpage it says:
    "Included T-Mobile Prepaid Services: t-zones (browsing for HiFi Ringers®, MegaTones®, wallpapers, and more)*"

    Does this mean prepaid users get access to t-zones for free?
    If so can I then perform the t zones hack and get free access to the internet? (this seems too good to be true)
    If not then what does it mean?
    If not then can I, as a prepaid customer, still pay the $5.99 fee for t zones? (a not-on-a-plan customer)
    Also is there any chance that T-Mobile will stop this t zones hack from working?

    Please mention any glaring over cites in my plan. Thanks.



    Link to Prepaid claim of t zone service. (Just scroll down to "Included T-Mobile Prepaid Services")

  2. #2
    Yes, you can jailbreak,unlock and activate the iphone and then use a prepaid Tmobile sim. That is what I did.

    On the subject of Tzones.... I don't think you can use that with the prepaid account.

  3. #3
    It looks like the free T-Zones is with the Sidekick plan...

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 107 Times in 79 Posts

    tzones is free on prepaid because you can only go to th tzones site, and check your balance or download ringtones/wallpapers.
    no other site is accessible.
    sidekick plan will not work! trust me!
    no prepaid internet on iphone.
    a simple search woulda told ya that.
    i have personally answered this question at least 4 times.

  5. #5
    There is a 5.99 mobile web option for flexpay has anyone tried with this? I'm on flexpay and will be getting an iphone soon. I've heard a lot about the free flexpay tzones not working but nothing about the 5.99 flexpay mobileweb

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    tzones is free on prepaid because you can only go to th tzones site, and check your balance or download ringtones/wallpapers.
    no other site is accessible.
    sidekick plan will not work! trust me!
    no prepaid internet on iphone.
    a simple search woulda told ya that.
    i have personally answered this question at least 4 times.
    Actually I have T-mobile prepaid on my SE810i, and while it is limited to only ~4 sites, those sites include the mobile versions of CNN, ESPN and ABCnews, which for free isn't bad. So the question I have is on an unlocked iPhone, has anyone got Safari to view these sites using a T-mobile prepaid SIM card? If so, which hack did you use? I'd love to know....

    Thanks in advance,

    Jimbob

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob9999 View Post
    Actually I have T-mobile prepaid on my SE810i, and while it is limited to only ~4 sites, those sites include the mobile versions of CNN, ESPN and ABCnews, which for free isn't bad. So the question I have is on an unlocked iPhone, has anyone got Safari to view these sites using a T-mobile prepaid SIM card? If so, which hack did you use? I'd love to know....

    Thanks in advance,

    Jimbob
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob9999 View Post
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Anyone?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    tzones is free on prepaid because you can only go to th tzones site, and check your balance or download ringtones/wallpapers.
    no other site is accessible.
    sidekick plan will not work! trust me!
    no prepaid internet on iphone.
    a simple search woulda told ya that.
    i have personally answered this question at least 4 times.
    Mind I ask, do you just answer or you personally experienced this? Answering using an answer from another unreliable source doesn't help. I would rather hear this from someone who personally experience this.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob9999 View Post
    Actually I have T-mobile prepaid on my SE810i, and while it is limited to only ~4 sites, those sites include the mobile versions of CNN, ESPN and ABCnews, which for free isn't bad. So the question I have is on an unlocked iPhone, has anyone got Safari to view these sites using a T-mobile prepaid SIM card? If so, which hack did you use? I'd love to know....

    Thanks in advance,

    Jimbob
    I can now verify that this works on 2G, pwned, 2.0.1 with a T-Mobile prepaid sim. I used the BigBoss T-Zones Hack, made sure wap.voicestream.com was set in the network data settings, and pointed Safari to wap.myvoicestream.com. As mentioned, only a few sites work, but ESPN is not bad!

  11. #11
    Default Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArTek View Post
    I can now verify that this works on 2G, pwned, 2.0.1 with a T-Mobile prepaid sim. I used the BigBoss T-Zones Hack, made sure wap.voicestream.com was set in the network data settings, and pointed Safari to wap.myvoicestream.com. As mentioned, only a few sites work, but ESPN is not bad!
    Excellent! I'm happy to hear this... Excuse the noob question, but where did you get the BigBoss T-Zones hack? Cydia or Installer.app?

    Thanks in advance....

    Jimbob

    PS on my SonyEricsson, I also get 4info.net on prepaid t-zones, which can be useful.....

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob9999 View Post
    Excellent! I'm happy to hear this... Excuse the noob question, but where did you get the BigBoss T-Zones hack? Cydia or Installer.app?

    Thanks in advance....

    Jimbob

    PS on my SonyEricsson, I also get 4info.net on prepaid t-zones, which can be useful.....
    Cydia (Installer is too flakey on 2.0.1) under Tweaks.

    BTW, wap.4info.net works. Thanks for the tip!

  13. #13
    Well I've managed to get ESPN and ABCNews to work, but I can't get CNN to work - can anyone point me to a good URL for it that'll work via the prepaid T-mobile plan? The URL I used on my SonyEriccson just shows up as the raw html/wml....

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob9999 View Post
    Well I've managed to get ESPN and ABCNews to work, but I can't get CNN to work - can anyone point me to a good URL for it that'll work via the prepaid T-mobile plan? The URL I used on my SonyEriccson just shows up as the raw html/wml....
    It did for me as well!
    Last edited by ArTek; 2008-08-22 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Sorry, I misread your question.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob9999 View Post
    Well I've managed to get ESPN and ABCNews to work, but I can't get CNN to work - can anyone point me to a good URL for it that'll work via the prepaid T-mobile plan? The URL I used on my SonyEriccson just shows up as the raw html/wml....
    mobile.cnn.com/xhtml/en/us/i.html works!!!

    and mobi.traffic.com; and radar.net

    I found them on HowardForums.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •