Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-mobile iphone loses signal.. anyone else?

Still working perfectl!!! actually on friday i did loose service but i believe it was because i was in the elevator at School but it connected right when i got out. I have been rebooting it everymorning though.

Default iphone unlocked. no signal on Tmo
    Please help. iPhone is unlocked and has an active Tmo sim card installed, but the signal received is only 1 tiny bar. All attempted calls out fail. Calls in go straight to voicemail. Are there settings that must be changed to get an improved signal?

iPhone 3g
    Firmware 4.1
    jailbroken and unlocked with redsn0w 0.9.6b1

How is it unlocked at 4.1 there is no unlock yet. Do you just mean jailbroken because you have to wait. What is the modem firmware.

Default isn't the "modem firmware" what shows in itunes?
    I believe the phone is unlocked, but am a newbie at this. If the "modem firmware" is the same as the version of the "software" shown for your iPhone in iTunes it's version 4.1.

Did the following to unlock:
    • Went here: http://tinyurl.com/3xl2p7f
    • Downloaded redsn0w version 0.9.6b1
    • Made sure the iPhone was updated by putting it into DFU mode and restoring to 4.1 version of firmware
    • Launched redsn0w and picked the 4.1 ipsw file created by the restore then put iPhone back into DFU mode and let redsn0w work it's magic.

Cydia is installed on the iPphone and works fine. The Tmo sim is not rejected, and, as mentioned earlier, there is 1 small signal bar. Doesn't that mean the phone is unlocked?

Is it possible there is now an unlock for 4.1 or am I missing something?

If you look in the article it says do not update to 4.1 because you will lose your ultrasn0w unlock. Possibly forever. I to am waiting for an unlock for my 3GS

Ok. It's cool if you wait to unlock. But does anyone have any idea why my Tmo signal is nearly non-existent?

It might just be your area

Wait are you still talking about the iPhone.
    Last edited by Arabprince; 2010-10-17 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yep. Still talking about the iPhone. My Tmo Blackberry gets great signal, but the iPhone does not.

If you are on 4.1 you can't unlock go to settings general about scroll all the way down it will say modem firmware 05.14.02 you can not unlock that I have a 3GS 4.1 same thing waiting for the unlock. Save your self the trouble and check it out. Someone tell me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabprince View Post
    If you are on 4.1 you can't unlock go to settings general about scroll all the way down it will say modem firmware 05.14.02 you can not unlock that I have a 3GS 4.1 same thing waiting for the unlock. Save your self the trouble and check it out. Someone tell me if I am wrong.
    Correction if it says 02.10.04 you can't unlock it, but if it's on 1.59.00, then you can unlock it. I'm on 4.1 and unlocked att 1.59.00

If you look at the posts before you can see that I'm not talking about the iPhone 4 02.10.04 is for the iPhone 4 I've been talking about 05.12.04. So apparently you're wrong.

Sonkistt has a 3G.
    Last edited by Arabprince; 2010-10-18 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123