Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-mobile iphone loses signal.. anyone else?

Didn't work for me. Very strange, for some reason my phone has an issue with Navizon. The only network signal drops i've gotten in the last week have been within 20 minutes of using it. But even if i have it installed and never use it. No network drops whatsoever. BTW, my sim unlock card as the 3GP on it. Maybe it's a conflict between my sim unlock thingy and the program. Noone else with this issue has seen this occur?

Default navizon problems
    I was having the same problems... lossing signal, signal drop.... I am using the apple 1.1.2 version with t-mobile USA and also using turbo sim.I notice that I was lossing signal and the phone did restart on its own and I will get that voicemail notification 5 to 9 times a day.
    I did take the t-mobile sim card and the tubo sim card and alligned both card and wait but it kept on doing the same thing.
    so I uninstall navizon and installed back again (with out open it or using it) and my iphone has not lost any signal for 3 days.
    can someone please check this software and see whats going on.
    thank you.
    ps. does anyone know a translator for the iphone (spanish- English)?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys using a sim card fix (like turbosim) or something like anysim. If you are using turbosim or some variant of it, there has been a lot of issues with contacts. You should use some double-sided tape or even glue to affix the new card to your sim so the contacts can't move around and lose connection with eachother. I also own a blackberry pearl and have no issues at all with the iphone versus the blackberry. both get identical reception everywhere I go.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Default tape
    I am also using tape to secure the turbosim card and the t-mobile card. i can asure you is not lossing contact, but is lossing signal when I use navizon. it has to do with that software.

it is very strange that it only seems to affect a very small portion of us I have the exact Same setup. 1.1.2 and a generic version of stealth sim. It almost seems luke it causes somthing with the wireless radio software to become unstable until it finally shuts down and restarts. Not sure why thus occurs with some if us and not others.

In regards to loose contacts. I've had my card misalign. And its a very different message. Says no sim. When the signal drop occurs it just drops out and the comes back. Never says no sim. Anyways I've been a week or so w/o the signal drops and very happy! I use locate me instead. Haven't noticed the same issue with it but gave only used it once so far.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I had this same issue..... I tried a new sim emulator, still had the problem... called t mobile, told them of losing signal.....Told me to power off phone, and power on then Its been perfect everysince!

I have been using locate me. But I have the same issue. I guess my setup just doesn't like the location programs.

Did tmobile tell you if they did something specific on the backend when. You shut your phone off? Would live to be able to use the programs w/o worrying about network drops.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    I have been using locate me. But I have the same issue. I guess my setup just doesn't like the location programs.

Did tmobile tell you if they did something specific on the backend when. You shut your phone off? Would live to be able to use the programs w/o worrying about network drops.
    I was on the phone in ? whenI was talking to them....she said she wanted to "try" something and that it worked 95% of the time, and to call back if I had any issues. After I hung up and cycled the power, I havent had a single issue since. thats 3-4 days so far. Everything I have works flawlessly now.

ok try going to settings and where it say carrier check tmobile not aoutomatic this will save some time serching for other net works so it may fix the pplm if so report it here

This has been happening to me as well. I found that when it shows NoService for awhile, two things seem to help.

1) Open up Field Test
    2) Reboot.

Default upadated to 1.1.3
    and now i can use locate me on google and navizon witout any problems. go figure.

Ok had this problem with my signal with tmobile in the UK. i have searched high and low for an answer and could not find one so decided to give up. put back my virgin sim in the phone that worked without a problem and left that for a day. Saturday night got home bout 4 in the morning and decided to give it a go and surprise surprise it cut out after 3 times every 10 to 20 seconds and then said insert sim. not to happy decided to try it again so switched the phone on and of and it worked without cutting out and after that it has been working since with no problems and getting good signal.

once it locked it felt it has not swithed off again.

I've had the same issue you guys are having... Getting no sim or no signal. It was really annoying having to reboot my phone 5-6 times a day. I took out the Stealthsim realligned it with my SIM and havent had a prob in 2 weeks. Now my girl is having the same problem. Gotta do it to her phone too.

I've had the same issue you guys are having... Getting no sim or no signal. It was really annoying having to reboot my phone 5-6 times a day. I took out the Stealthsim realligned it with my SIM and havent had a prob in 2 weeks. Now my girl is having the same problem. Gotta do it to her phone too.
    Last edited by PuertoRock33; 2008-01-30 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im having the same problem with my iphone 3g (t-mobile) last night it started saying no sim then no service i rebooted it and it worked for awhile then i was on a call which failed and then lost service. its been fine since last night i kept check during the night and it was working and hasnt doen it today i hope this works. any other info is much appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexarizpe View Post
    im having the same problem with my iphone 3g (t-mobile) last night it started saying no sim then no service i rebooted it and it worked for awhile then i was on a call which failed and then lost service. its been fine since last night i kept check during the night and it was working and hasnt doen it today i hope this works. any other info is much appreciated thanks
    Firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Firmware?
    firmware 3.1.2 (7d11)

firmware 3.1.2 (7d11)
    Is it still occurring?

I just find it weird that it would just happen all of a sudden.

If the problem persists, restore to 3.1.2, jailbreak, and unlock.

Backup your phone first.

No it hasn't done it since. I don't want to jinks it but it's been working great. I'm thinking maybe my sim card moved or somethin cause it would say no sim first then no service and it would keep on doing it till I removed it and reinserted it.

Having the exact same problem since last night. I don't know why this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Is it still occurring?

I just find it weird that it would just happen all of a sudden.

If the problem persists, restore to 3.1.2, jailbreak, and unlock.

Backup your phone first.
    This happened daily (4-5 times per day) for about a year on my 2G with various firmwares. Was still happening on my GF's 2G on a daily basis as well.

We both upgraded to Android with the Nexus One on T-Mobile and neither of us have seen this behavior in about two weeks.

I'm convinced it was a hardware issue...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast