View Poll Results: IF in the past your t-zones worked, now

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • It stopped working recently

93 48.69%
  • It still works fine (and I'm glad I'm still saving $14)

98 51.31%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-zones hack working/not working- please share your story (+POLL)

Default T-zones hack working/not working- please share your story (+POLL)
    As one contributor to the t-zones hack (full credit goes to the hackers themselves, I was just relaying info) I've read that the t-zones hack doesn't work anymore and the news/rumor piss me off. I have also read other rumors that if you roam on Cingular they'll upload a simple device to shutdown your data connection for good. On the same forum I've read t-mobile subscribers saying that T-mobile progressively shuts down people who use the lil hack's data connection.

SO:
    FYI my t-zones hack works still amazingly well and I'm still paying $6.

Can whoever whose t-zones hack still work share? And can whoever whose t-zones has suddenly stopped working share as well?

Let's get it straight!!

btw it's not really a hack, it's just a change of parameters -legal-

So for people unaware of the hack and paying the T-Mobile Internet Plan for $19.99 may try it out (and we would appreciate their help) on the first two messages of this thread
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17463

P.S.: In case it worked after you've tried it, let us also know how it feels to save $14 a month
    Last edited by abdelkweli1; 2007-12-23 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've tried everything but with no success in getting it to work.

but does it work when using the $19.99 internet plan? For how long have you tried? take care

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I been using T Zones hack since october on 1.1.1 and it's still working as of now on 1.1.2
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my T-Zone hack was somehow shut down last week. the tmobile rep said they finally caught on to all the data being passed on pda devices without the "total internet plan" and they blocked it. i had her sign me up for the total internet plan for 19.99 and it works again. I really dont want to have to pay the extra for the same thing I was getting with t-zones. is there a way to re-hack this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I just restored my phone last night 12-23-07

and installed the t-zones proxy back up and it is still working !

Quote Originally Posted by abdelkweli1 View Post
    but does it work when using the $19.99 internet plan? For how long have you tried? take care
    I have tried for a whole week since I received the text message from t-mobile. I cancelled my t-mobileweb and added the total Internet plan. I connected to edge without having to do anything else, my t-zone hack is still installed as well.

I tried the tzones hack maybe early-mid november when i changed my plans... i had it working maybe one time it would stay connected... but never after that...

then finally early december decided to give it another go at it..after all i didnt want to be paying $6 for nothing...i tried the hack again...unistalling the old, re-installing it again via installer... the tzones finally works! and it actually stays connected... been using it for about 2 weeks now.... :knocks on wood:

my stopped working recently. the hack worked for me flawlessly then, but now, it just stopped. I tried repeated the procedure again and again, in hopes of getting it to work again, but am unsucessful.

i haven't receive any text or phone calls from t-mobile telling me to upgrade or anything. plus, my bro and sis, who is on t-mobile's phone, are accessing t-zone without any problems.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

Not Working Since Today.

Mine has been working fine, however i did the hack manually using a plist off of hackint0sh.org (i've posted this before).

Also, i have friends who have been using this "type" of hack on other phones for over a year with no issues.

I wonder...since I accidently turned data roaming on, could that have caused my hack to stop working?

Quote Originally Posted by anthongy817 View Post
    I have tried for a whole week since I received the text message from t-mobile. I cancelled my t-mobileweb and added the total Internet plan. I connected to edge without having to do anything else, my t-zone hack is still installed as well.
    you need to uninstall the hack for the total internet plan to work.
    thats f'ed up it wont let you use the t-zones plan.

i been using it since mid Oct and it still works now (unlock 1.1.2). hope t-mobile dont "banned" us . if they do im ok with it. i use it but not much and most of the time a wifi is around. but for $6 a month i dont mind having a backup when i really need it.

it only works in some areas for me.

Quote Originally Posted by abdelkweli1 View Post
    As one contributor to the t-zones hack (full credit goes to the hackers themselves, I was just relaying info) I've read that the t-zones hack doesn't work anymore and the news/rumor piss me off. I have also read other rumors that if you roam on Cingular they'll upload a simple device to shutdown your data connection for good. On the same forum I've read t-mobile subscribers saying that T-mobile progressively shuts down people who use the lil hack's data connection.

SO:
    FYI my t-zones hack works still amazingly well and I'm still paying $6.

Can whoever whose t-zones hack still work share? And can whoever whose t-zones has suddenly stopped working share as well?

Let's get it straight!!

btw it's not really a hack, it's just a change of parameters -legal-

So for people unaware of the hack and paying the T-Mobile Internet Plan for $19.99 may try it out (and we would appreciate their help) on the first two messages of this thread
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17463

P.S.: In case it worked after you've tried it, let us also know how it feels to save $14 a month
    first it did not work for me so i called t mobile and they refused saying that they dont allow t zones on i phone. all i can buy is 19.99 internet plan. then i changed my sim card and put it in t mobile razr and called them back saying that tzones was not working on razr they told me to wait, they are reinstating my suspended service.which they did and t zones worked on razr. i took out my sim card and out in my i phone and guess what now it works great on my iphone also. hope this help you guys.
    it feels great to save some money.

Mine works but incredibly slow. I dont know why.... only 24 kbps. It was working fine 2 days ago getting 150 kbps. I got the plan like 5 days ago... not sure if i should keep it or not...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been using mine since October. Still works the same as it always did except that I can't use Mobile Chat Clients, iRadio, or YouTube, but, I've never been able to use them in the first place on my iPhone. Doesn't bother me. I still get my internet connection and I still get my emails.

i've finally got mine to work again! yay! but my email doesn't work. its been like that ever since i got the hack to work. i am using Yahoo mail. anyone know why i can't update my inbox?

surprisingly, my youtube works fantastic! the quality is a bit poor compared to wifi though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

i had working the tzones, but like for a while didnt work but now it does...
    heres what u have to do, try it...

1.- configure the edge settings: APN wap.voicestream.com User and Password in blank
    2.- go to installer is u have the big boss source (n if u dont heres the source sleepers.net/iphonerepo) and install the edgefix 1.1.1 located in Unlock That iPhone, (obviously this is just for 1.1.1 iphones i dont know if it works with other FW) this is to save the edge settings after the reboot.
    3.- get out of the installer and automatically the summerboard will restart
    4.- get in to the installer again and from the same source and same location, install the T-Mobile TZones Hack
    5.- get out of the installer and a messege will show up telling u to restart the iphone, do that, and thats it ur iphone have to work perfect...

after the hack DO NOT CHECK THE EDGE SETTINGS cuz i know that the phone will stop working or will frezzy until u restart the phone...

just 5.99... no man i dont wanna keep stealing T-Mobile... lol
    Last edited by Tavillo; 2008-01-01 at 12:02 PM.
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tavillo For This Useful Post:

ahmed615 (2008-02-11)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast