View Poll Results: IF in the past your t-zones worked, now

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • It stopped working recently

93 48.69%
  • It still works fine (and I'm glad I'm still saving $14)

98 51.31%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-zones hack working/not working- please share your story (+POLL)

Well I had tried a similar tactic another user had posted... I called T-Mobile & I said that my tzone did not work on my phone. But before I could tell the agent what type of phone I had she said, "So you have the iPhone?" which surprised me. I responded with "no I have the razr."

In any case I was unaware that they could actually tell what phone I'm using. So now I don't want to remove my sim from my iPhone & put it in the razr before calling back T-mobile. Because I have an otb 1.1.2 with Stealthsim & it may be a hassle to re-install it back.

Is there any other way to get the tzone hack to work? I've tried 3 sources from cyberduck & the app tap installers, but no luck

Default Tzones not working
    I am another one that used tzones for 2 days and then it went bad.
    I got EDGE working on mid december. used it for 2 weeks. then I found this hack from surreall and installed it. call tzones and canelled Edge. Tzones work gereat for 2 days, at the third day it was not working and has been 2 days so far and I dont think it will work again. Is anybody working on this or having a real answer? Any information will be really appreciated. I tried the hack form limitediphone and didnt work, and it disable wifi after a while just as I read it on a forum. I uninstalled and installed back the one from surreal just in case in might work. wifi is now working but tzones is not.
    1.1.2 freesimphone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I use 1000's of text messages every month and the $19.99 data plan comes with unlimited text so I added this. My Edge works great with safari and I can update weather but YouTube doesn't work, iRadio doesn't connect, and i can't load my GMail settings. Any input on why some services work but others don't would be great.

Jailbroken, unlocked 1.1.1 on T-Mobile

Mine is working just fine. The only thing that doesn't work since the hack is youtube and my yahoo mail. the kicker is that my gmail account still works. 1.0.2 FW

David

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I use 1000's of text messages every month and the $19.99 data plan comes with unlimited text so I added this. My Edge works great with safari and I can update weather but YouTube doesn't work, iRadio doesn't connect, and i can't load my GMail settings. Any input on why some services work but others don't would be great.

Jailbroken, unlocked 1.1.1 on T-Mobile

the $19.99 data plan does not come with unlimited text. You're using the sidekick plan... You need to change ur phone and switch to the regular unlimited inet plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Working perfectly. i love it

1.1.2 otb unlocked with next sim
    T-mobile T-zones hack

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Been using it for almost a month. Never had any issues.

So my hack was working until I upgraded to the total internet plan. I was trying to use beejive and meebo for messaging and kept getting errors. So I called t-mobile to find out how to get a port open to connect to those. T-mobile was able to tell without me saying that I was using an Iphone and sent me to there blackberry IT dept. After talking to the rep who was cool as hell by the way he told me the basic internet 5.99 package works but is limited in the fact it just cant or wont open some websites. I switched to the Total internet and was connecting quicker. After I switched at first it wasnt working no matter what I tried until I uninstalled the hack from installer restarted the phone and internet was working. So from what I found that hack does work but only for the 5.99 plan.

just change ur sim with tmobile phone and open tzones if it does not just call and complain LOL
    many ppl said that and it'd the only way if they say u have Iphone, man just lie and say whatever.

Default Tzones - Weather, Maps, Stocks STALL / Web & Mail WORKS
    I used the hack at: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17463 It has worked very well for about a month with this one exception which I wonder if others have experienced. While mail and Safari seam to work quite well. . . . Weather, Stocks and Maps work irregularly. When updating weather it will more often than not ístallí when updating. BUT I can go to Safari and load a web page just fine. Is there a better hack? Is this just the way it is? It seems if I load a web page before trying weather, maps or stocks that they work a bit better. . . . almost as if I am 'waking' edge up.

Quote Originally Posted by watice View Post
    the $19.99 data plan does not come with unlimited text. You're using the sidekick plan... You need to change ur phone and switch to the regular unlimited inet plan.
    so you cant use the sidekick data plan? crap well then can you get the
    T-Zones Service without purchasing any minutes? if so how?
    and one more question (sorry, lol) is there a difference in speed between T-Zones and T-Mobile Total Internet. thanks

For those that were being told by T-mobile reps that they can't add the 5.99 internet because they are using the iPhone, you can always just add Tzones online at Tmobile.com Just make sure you pick a phone that supports T-zones, add the plan and then install the hack. That's what I have done in the past! You need to make sure that you pick a phone in the list of phones though otherwise it wont let you add/change plans.

Tzones hack working on iPhone 1.1.4

works for me..im paying 19.99 can i step down and it should still work?

Hey,

What phone did you pick that worked?

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    For those that were being told by T-mobile reps that they can't add the 5.99 internet because they are using the iPhone, you can always just add Tzones online at Tmobile.com Just make sure you pick a phone that supports T-zones, add the plan and then install the hack. That's what I have done in the past! You need to make sure that you pick a phone in the list of phones though otherwise it wont let you add/change plans.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

tmobile actually knew i was using an iphone and reccomended i use the 5.99 plan because i really would not notice a difference in speed. been usin it since 1.1.1 and now on 1.1.4. love savin money!

I am using the total internet with hot spots. 19.99 running about 180 to 200 kbps....loving it....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dkth View Post
    Hey,

What phone did you pick that worked?
    online i checked different phones and all of them are t-zones pro which is 9.99

i just recently just got it to work. i called in and just pretended that i didnt know what internet was and what offers they had, and said i saw a 5.99 t-zones and made him explain to me what it was. and after some deliberating i decided on it for it was inexpensive and its partially useful to me.

i have a few questions: for some reason even before i got the 5.99 t-zone feature added, i was able to use the internet.. maybe it was a fluke.. i dont know... well i have it added now (also i never got a text from t-mobile stating that it was activated).. so im just scared that im using internet and racking up some major payments..

also.. anyone know why the hack just stops working for people? (well besides t-mo catching you)

I have been using 1.1.4 iPlus2.0b iPhone and had the T-Zone "hack" on there.

Recently, I cannot access Safari, I just keep getting the "500" error... Whats wrong here? I can still access my email, but that error occurs when I try Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedZen View Post
    I have been using 1.1.4 iPlus2.0b iPhone and had the T-Zone "hack" on there.

Recently, I cannot access Safari, I just keep getting the "500" error... Whats wrong here? I can still access my email, but that error occurs when I try Safari.
    Try this...
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97251

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast