Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can send but not recieve SMS

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default can send but not recieve SMS
    hello...I've seen a few threads with SMS sending problems but doesn't seem like anyone has receiving issues.
    I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone that has been jailbroken. It has a iturbosim to use with tmobile. Everything has worked fin so far including sending SMS and the person receiving my messages but I have not been able to receiving any text messages. Any advice is appreciated! Thank

EDIT:
    UGH! i'm so upset right now. while trying to figure out what i can do to fix this sms issue, i decided to restart my phone, and now, my phone reads the tmobile sim card BUT i'm getting NO reception. The phone has no network, PERIOD. i put in an ATT sim card to see if it's a sim card issue or phone issue. the phone sees the ATT sim card but still, no network whatsoever. WHAT THE HECK DID I DO?!

AHHH help!

ANOTHER EDIT:
    I got the network part to work. i did the whole jailbreaking process again and i'm able to connect to the tmo network now, but i'm still not receiving text messages...sorry for the update after update, but if someone can help that'd be great. thanks!
    Last edited by jtesnani; 2007-12-23 at 05:43 AM. Reason: minor update

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Is it just the iPhone or your T-Mobile plan? Have you tried inserting your TMo SIM in a T-Mo phone and see if youc an receive texts that way? Could be T-Mo just needs to do something on their side...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I did try the tmi sim in another phone and it worked. Put another AT&T card in theiphone and it wasn't good. That's how I determined it was likely a phone issue, hence my decision to jailbreak the phone again.

I am now receiving text msgs. I think I just has to wait it out. I'm just glad its working now