Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with T-Mobile Carrier Settings

Default Problem with T-Mobile Carrier Settings
    OK, I'm new here. A recent convert from Sprint (evil *shivers*) and the HTC Mogul (and yes, I'm feeling a little bit of regret leaving that phone. I had integrated GPS and internet tethering), but anyways. I have a very basic T-Mobile plan and got my 4GB iPhone unlocked, jailbroken, etc yesterday (after a little trouble from iTunes) using Winpwn. I'm LOVING the iPhone.

However, I tried the carrier settings found in the Wiki, and every time I go to them, I get CARRIER_SETTINGS at the top and the screen and no options. Any ideas? I installed them via SSH...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Welcome to MMi! I don't understand exactly what you meanby "carrier settings". What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Update: Ok nevermind... I saw the Wiki you're talking about... have you tried to completely start over from scratch and make SURE you're doing everything correctly?
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-07-03 at 05:21 PM.

When I put the files in there, Phone.plist was already there, so it was an overwrite. I tried it twice, and I followed everything exactly...it's weird...

If this is what you're going off of (Carrier settings for iPhone - ModMyI - Wiki) then I believe that was for firmware versions 1.0.2 and below. To check your firmware: settings>general>about>version.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

I'm on 1.1.4. I assumed since it said THIS DOES NOT WORK ON 1.1.1 NOR 1.1.2!
    Then it would work on 1.1.4...dang...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRML970 View Post
    If this is what you're going off of (Carrier settings for iPhone - ModMyI - Wiki) then I believe that was for firmware versions 1.0.2 and below. To check your firmware: settings>general>about>version.
    I haven't tried this ... yet, but interesting ...."This page was last modified 23:01, June 12, 2008."