Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: how do i get my iphone ready for t-mobile?

  1. #1
    Question how do i get my iphone ready for t-mobile?
    i am getting an 8 gb iphone tonight and i need to unlock it for t-mobile.
    I have already downloaded the pwnage tool on my mac as ive heard its the best and safest way to unlock/jailbreak. what else do i need to download and how do i do it?
    what are the differences in 1.1.2, 1.1.3, and 1.1.4?
    what about 3.9 and 4.6?
    pros? cons?


    I want to be able to use edge, youtube on edge, email, safari, facebook, myspace, ect. some games would be cool too i guess. im not trying to make this thing into a full blown custom signal bars run the world from my hand phone. i just want it to do what it does for att plus maybe some games.

    please dont say search or something like that as i have read all over this website for the past 24 hours and im confused as all hell.

  2. #2
    I've never used Pwnage so I can't help you there but if you download iLiberty, you choose unlock, register and jailbreak. Run the application then put your sim card in the phone and you're set.

    To get Edge working, on the phone, go to Settings/General/Network/EDGE and enter: internet2.voicestream.com

    iLiberty: iLibertyX 1.51

    You should be good to go!

  3. #3
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Your best bet is to click on the Guides section at the top and then click "I just got my iPhone.. where do I start?" You will follow the guide for the 1.1.4 firmware which is the latest and most stable.

  4. #4
    I used winpwn. I had to reinstall iTunes (kept getting error 1604 when I tried to flash the custom)...T-Zones hack (if you have it) and I really like the custom carrier logo that's in there. Much nicer than the stock...

  5. #5
    youtube will not work on edge no matter what bootloader you have and what your setup is. I have had tmobile and my iphone since it came out and ive used just about every unlocking method and pwnage is by far the easiest. id say 1.1.4 is the best when you install with pwnage. heres what you do:

    1. get pwnage
    2. get 1.1.4 fw and bootloaders
    3.click browse ipsw on pwnage
    4. once that is completed put iphone in recovery mode and click ipwner let that process run on the phone and comp once that is done your phone will boot with a pineapple YOUR NOT DONE AT THIS POINT
    5.once that is completed use ipsw builder and choose the options you want like the custom images and I highly recommend installing installer and ssh
    6. the settings I used were I didnt do anything with the bootloaders I just used boot neuter which works fine also used installer and ssh I also chose for it to activate and unlock it which you NEED to do on T-Mobile
    7. once the custom ipsw is created go into itunes in recovery mode and option click restore and find your firmware to restore to your phone
    8. once that completes you will start up fully unlocked and activated and you will have installer as well as all the other icons on the home screen.
    9. with tmobile I use the 5.99 internet plan and have never had a problem to use internet with this plan go to installer find the folder called "Tweaks 1.1.4" and install Tzones proxy hack, works like a charm
    10. At this point you will have a jailed, unlocked, activated, iphone running 1.1.4 youtube will work over wifi but not edge, "locate me " on google will work over edge. weather app and stocks will also work.


    There ya go! and I took the time to write this all out myself so please if this helps give me a thanks and dont hesitate to ask a question

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vito687 For This Useful Post:

    accoi (2008-07-04), jh13 (2008-07-11), Johnny4rmSP310 (2008-07-27)

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vito687 View Post
    youtube will not work on edge no matter what bootloader you have and what your setup is. I have had tmobile and my iphone since it came out and ive used just about every unlocking method and pwnage is by far the easiest.
    can anyone confirm this? i am about to unlock it.

  8. #7
    it will work on wifi just not edge its somehow restricted by tmobile, just like AIM apps dont work over edge either

  9. #8
    Hello everyone,
    This is Raj from Mumbai, just found this Mobile app, thought to share with you...
    Mobile Java Application | Mobile Social Networking | Free SMS, Voice Message | MobiYard.Com it lets you send free sms worldwide, free voice message, Instant messenger, Free mobile content and much much more..
    Compatible Mobile : www.mobiyard.com/compatibility.php

    Btw, Nice forum Skin, i' Loved it..

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by accoi View Post
    can anyone confirm this? i am about to unlock it.
    Not true .. I can run YouTube on T-Mobile via EDGE.
    My iPhone is week 52 (OTB 1.1.2) which now runs 1.1.4 PWNED.

    Don't know what you guys did wrong, and maybe you haven't used those YouTube Activators.

  11. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 107 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NOLabels View Post
    Not true .. I can run YouTube on T-Mobile via EDGE.
    My iPhone is week 52 (OTB 1.1.2) which now runs 1.1.4 PWNED.

    Don't know what you guys did wrong, and maybe you haven't used those YouTube Activators.
    it depends on your area, if you are outside of major cities you are on tmobiles 2g network, in the city you are on the newer 2.5g and sometimes 3g networks. i have had youtube work maybe 5 times on edge.

  12. #11
    Youtube works fine on edge. NOT with the 5.99 plan, to get youtube working over edge you need the 19.99 plan with VPN.

  13. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    and then exactly how do u enter the VPN and edge info for the t mobile Internet plan to work ?

  14. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 107 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tejh View Post
    Youtube works fine on edge. NOT with the 5.99 plan, to get youtube working over edge you need the 19.99 plan with VPN.
    i call ********!

    do a search, this has been tested and discussed to the point i am sick of hearing it.

    i have made numerous posts and tests myself.

    THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN SPEED OR RELIABILITY BETWEEN THE 19.99 AND 5.99 PLANS!!!

    it is your area!!!!

    besides there is a vpn address in the tzones hack!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2008-07-13 at 12:10 PM.

  15. #14
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    WOW and yes!!!

  16. #15
    do you need itunes to download all this stuff and if so what version of itunes? How do i use itunes with my unlocked iphone i have heard that undoes the unlocking process is that true?

  17. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 107 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jarm989 View Post
    do you need itunes to download all this stuff and if so what version of itunes? How do i use itunes with my unlocked iphone i have heard that undoes the unlocking process is that true?

    sounds like you are at the very beginning of your iphone adventure!

    DO YOUR RESEARCH!

    dont mess up your new toy. look in the guides section. or search. pretty much everything you need to know is here or linked to somewhere on here.

  18. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by accoi View Post
    i am getting an 8 gb iphone tonight and i need to unlock it for t-mobile.
    I have already downloaded the pwnage tool on my mac as ive heard its the best and safest way to unlock/jailbreak. what else do i need to download and how do i do it?
    what are the differences in 1.1.2, 1.1.3, and 1.1.4?
    what about 3.9 and 4.6?
    pros? cons?


    I want to be able to use edge, youtube on edge, email, safari, facebook, myspace, ect. some games would be cool too i guess. im not trying to make this thing into a full blown custom signal bars run the world from my hand phone. i just want it to do what it does for att plus maybe some games.

    please dont say search or something like that as i have read all over this website for the past 24 hours and im confused as all hell.
    Ok first of all I know everyone on the forum is kinda hatin on ZiPhone & saying it causes problems. Maybe that's been their experience with it & everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I can tell you though I have unlocked every OTB firmware (1.1.4 down) with ZiPhone & have never had any problems. Download it,(ZiPhone) pug your phone in, DFU it to 1.1.4 restore in itunes, Open ZiPhone & choose what it want you to do & then just click it & it will do the rest for you. I have truly done over 30 phones with this method & have never ever had anyone tell me they have issues. It's the easiest if your a newbie. Good luck.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

    Wanderlei Silva

  19. #18
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 107 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    I can tell you though I have unlocked every OTB firmware (1.1.4 down) with ZiPhone & have never had any problems.

    ****BS ALERT****

    ziphone came out right after 1.1.2
    what about 1.0.0-1.1.1?

    next, ziphone does have its problems.
    1. as with any unlock, human error is always a factor. however, with ziphone, human error can end with a brick!
    2. incomplete software is another problem, ziphone requires:
    a. a cookie fix so safari remembers your login,
    b. an ibrikr fix so your iphone can function with ibrikr,
    c. and an itunes fix so your phone appears in itunes.
    3. lack of support. the dev team has numerous people in multiple time zones working to make the safest unlock. zibri is but one man. he has done alot of good for the iphone, but he is not without flaws.

    iliberty is by far the cleanest and safest unlock around for 1.1.4 down.
    pwnage is the best at custom firmwares for 2.0 down. and THE ONLY option available at this time for 2.0.

    where is zibri?
    or geohot?
    exactly.

  20. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    ****BS ALERT****

    ziphone came out right after 1.1.2
    what about 1.0.0-1.1.1?

    next, ziphone does have its problems.
    1. as with any unlock, human error is always a factor. however, with ziphone, human error can end with a brick!
    2. incomplete software is another problem, ziphone requires:
    a. a cookie fix so safari remembers your login,
    b. an ibrikr fix so your iphone can function with ibrikr,
    c. and an itunes fix so your phone appears in itunes.
    3. lack of support. the dev team has numerous people in multiple time zones working to make the safest unlock. zibri is but one man. he has done alot of good for the iphone, but he is not without flaws.

    iliberty is by far the cleanest and safest unlock around for 1.1.4 down.
    pwnage is the best at custom firmwares for 2.0 down. and THE ONLY option available at this time for 2.0.

    where is zibri?
    or geohot?
    exactly.
    WOW!!!!!!!! I see comprehension wasn't your strong siute in school... I have unlocked & jailbroken all firmwares OTB, they have all obviously been upgraded to the firmware needed. I KNOW YOU NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL SPECIAL BY LISTING ALL THE PROBLEMS, but if you actually take your special bus riding helmet off, you will see that I said "I have never had any issues." Never said other people haven't reported issues...
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

    Wanderlei Silva

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!! I see comprehension wasn't your strong siute in school... I have unlocked & jailbroken all firmwares OTB, they have all obviously been upgraded to the firmware needed. I KNOW YOU NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR SELF FEEL SPECIAL BY LISTING ALL THE PROBLEMS, but if you actually take your special bus riding helmet off, you will see that I said "I have never had any issues." Never said other people haven't reported issues...
    And spelling wasn't your strong suit either. It's suit, not siute...and you also spelled the author of your quote wrong, his last name is Silva, not Sivla. Sorry to be a jerk but you had it coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •