Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t mobile and firmware 2.0

Default t mobile and firmware 2.0
    With the new iphones data plans costing so much, i was thinking of just getting an older iphone and use it with tmobile. If I do this, will I be able to update to the new firmware to take advantage of the appstore?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

we all can see into the future.... NOT

who knows man. wait like the rest of us. we dont' even know if 2.0 will be unlockable/jailbreakable yet. its not officially out for us to tinker with
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Just a thought that 2.0 is unlockable (as i have mine done) but currently tricky to jailbreak but doesn't mean to say it won't be jailbroken... there is a possibility but from what i know / tried.. only minimum things can be manually changed...

Prediction on unlocked iPhone 2.0... i doubt appstore will be able to be used by non activated legit contract on o2-uk or at&t.. simple because your downloading an app via apple's approval on their server which can cross check / verify with your iphone if its registered / authorized to download apps... (i don't know but thats just an assumption im making now as it seems like common sense no? hmm)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazz2k8 For This Useful Post:

assmodel (2008-07-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 2.0
    The current firmware 2.0 has been currently jailbroken already and unlocked on a older iphone. I would suggest trying to put it on your phone as soon as it comes out. Give it a week or so and then i'm sure you could put it on there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Actually only the first 2 or 3 BETA versions of the 2.0 software were jailbroken... I think we're up to BETA 6 or 7 now. Pwnage only worked on the first two builds. The 4.05 baseband has been confirmed unlocked, so you are correct on that one.

good news. Quick question though, if my 1.1.4 is already unlocked, will upgrading to 2.0 lock it again? I assume Ziphone is just a software unlock.

Honestly right now no one knows, But I am sure you can just use pwnage when 2.0 comes out so you can bypass the bb upgrade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mobidate12 View Post
    hello Everyone,
    This Is Raj From Mumbai, Just Found This Mobile App, Thought To Share With You...
    mobile Java Application | Mobile Social Networking | Free Sms, Voice Message | Mobiyard.com It Lets You Send Free Sms Worldwide, Free Voice Message, Instant Messenger, Free Mobile Content And Much Much More..
    Compatible Mobile : www.mobiyard.com/compatibility.php

Btw, Nice Forum Skin, I' Loved It..
    Dude, Pf!!!!

Can You Spam This Guy!????

He Is All Over This Forum!!!!
    Same Post Every Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by agentnixon View Post
    good news. Quick question though, if my 1.1.4 is already unlocked, will upgrading to 2.0 lock it again? I assume Ziphone is just a software unlock.
    When you upgrade to 2.0, your phone will be locked and back to factory firmware specifications.

Just wait a week or 2 after canada releases there iPhones, im sure the DEV team is eager to get there hands on the official software. Im sure they will stir up something for us unlocked iPhone users.

WoW + iPhone = Powned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz2k8 View Post

Prediction on unlocked iPhone 2.0... i doubt appstore will be able to be used by non activated legit contract on o2-uk or at&t.. simple because your downloading an app via apple's approval on their server which can cross check / verify with your iphone if its registered / authorized to download apps... (i don't know but thats just an assumption im making now as it seems like common sense no? hmm)

That makes absolutely now sense. Why would you exclude unlocked iphones from this? They already lost the revenue stream for unlocked 1st gen iPhones. Now they can get some of it back via selling apps to them as well as mobile me. I would be pissed as a shareholder if they did something that moronic. So to me it's common sense the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz2k8 View Post
    i doubt appstore will be able to be used by non activated legit contract on o2-uk or at&t.. simple because your downloading an app via apple's approval on their server which can cross check / verify with your iphone if its registered / authorized to download apps...
    From what we have all seen and read, the App Store seems like it will be a subsidiary of the iTunes Store (since that you will be able to purchase the apps through iTunes as well as the phone). We haven't had any problems buying songs through our phones, have we?