Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Tmobile home hotspot...

Default Help with Tmobile home hotspot...
    I have the home hotspot plan and the wifi enabled phone from Tmobile. I bought when it was only 9.95 monthly as a promotion as long as you keep the service active.

My question is (obvious), how can I set up my wifi enabled iphone to use on the home hot spot service?

I was thinking of calling Tmobile tech to see if they would help, any opinions? Other have said they were very helpfull setting up other jailbroken and unlocked iphones. Is this true??????????

I don't believe the iPhone works over VOIP just yet so your pretty SOL on using it with the Hot Spot at Hom service. sorry.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yah i dont think it works with voip YET but i be within a week or two it will some guy ported it and is testing..
    If i helped hit Thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to julianqm2 For This Useful Post:

xrover (2007-12-12)

well, it is worth checking into with Tmobile I think...

They seem to have a way around a lot of issues (based on other threads)

I am interested in how Tmobile tech will react when I call from the iphone.

Thanks for the info though...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not sure if thats The best idea make sure you talking to a supervisor.. and one that sounds cool not a stuck up lil [email protected][email protected]%d because they arnt alowed to give tech support for iphones...
    If i helped hit Thanks!

I was told by some people at Tmobile that they only offer like 5 phones that'll work with Tmobile hotspot at home. Chances of them allowing the iphone to work on it are slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeathgod View Post
    I was told by some people at Tmobile that they only offer like 5 phones that'll work with Tmobile hotspot at home. Chances of them allowing the iphone to work on it are slim to none.
    I belive there are only 3 hotspot phones, samsung t409 , nokia 6086 and the bb curve. hope that will they have more choose on those phones

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeathgod View Post
    I actually do tech support for hotspot at home for t-mobile. Let me break this down.

People call in everyday (usually with N95's) asking if I can send them a software update to make their phones work with HotSpot at Home. Of course I can't do this because its not something we do. First off, the phone has to have WiFi, then it also have to support UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access). This is where these folks with nokia n95's get it in their heads they're going to be up and running with hotspot @ home.

Now, even if you were to somehow rip out the hotspot at home programming from a nokia 6086 and put it into an N95, unless you were able to make the handset present itself as a nokia 6086, the hotspot at home server WILL NOT authenticate the connection.

iPhone, it does have WiFi, does not have UMA, so it's not even going to come close to connecting.

So far we have the Nokia 6086, Samsung t409, Samsung t739 (katalyst), and Blackberry Curve 8320.

I have been supporting this service since before it launched, if anyone has any questions, send me a pm or post here.

Quote Originally Posted by julianqm2 View Post
    Not sure if thats The best idea make sure you talking to a supervisor.. and one that sounds cool not a stuck up lil [email protected][email protected]%d because they arnt alowed to give tech support for iphones...
    We are definitely allowed to give all the support we can for the iPhone. A lot of reps say we can't just because they know absolutely nothing about it and won't bother doing a simple google search to educate themselves.
    Last edited by Mumbo_Jumbo; 2007-12-27 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumbo_Jumbo For This Useful Post:

azunprinzess (2008-01-01)

Default Bait & Switch - T-Mobile [email protected] is a SCAM!
    T-Mobile [email protected] WiFi phone service is a HUGE SCAM!!!

I heard all great things about T-Mobile's WiFi [email protected] service and so I switched from Sprint. I tried to figure out the phone and the WiFi service for a few days. Not only the Nokia phone sucks, the WiFi service is not working and T-Mobile DOESN'T KNOW WHEN AND IF THE WIFI SERVICE WILL EVER BE BACK!!! I have only a few more days for the trial period and took me 3 days and 3-4 hrs each day for them to put me on hold, endless switches from different departments and persons, plus numerous cutoffs and hang-ups to come up with that answer. When I reasoned with them about the trial period, they only gave me a few more days and left me with the wolves.

How can I have a trial period and test a service WHEN THE SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST???

I am seriously considering filing a lawsuit against T-Mobile or at least inform Better Business Bureau.

Somebody's got to stop this biggest scam of the year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by solarfv View Post
    T-Mobile [email protected] WiFi phone service is a HUGE SCAM!!!

I heard all great things about T-Mobile's WiFi [email protected] service and so I switched from Sprint. I tried to figure out the phone and the WiFi service for a few days. Not only the Nokia phone sucks, the WiFi service is not working and T-Mobile DOESN'T KNOW WHEN AND IF THE WIFI SERVICE WILL EVER BE BACK!!! I have only a few more days for the trial period and took me 3 days and 3-4 hrs each day for them to put me on hold, endless switches from different departments and persons, plus numerous cutoffs and hang-ups to come up with that answer. When I reasoned with them about the trial period, they only gave me a few more days and left me with the wolves.

How can I have a trial period and test a service WHEN THE SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST???

I am seriously considering filing a lawsuit against T-Mobile or at least inform Better Business Bureau.

Somebody's got to stop this biggest scam of the year!!!

What ?

Wink T-Mobile HotSpot
    That sucks for you, T-mobile's hotspot works AWESOME with my blackberry curve and we got rid of our home phone. I use a lower plan per month now too. I LOVE it and it's far from a scam with my experience. I pay the 9.99 price. Sorry it didn't work for you.. I want an IPhone but the fact that I can't use MMS or hotspot make me hesitant (that's why I'm on the board to figure out if I could use HotSpot)