Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which Internet Plan Would Work Faster Then The T-Zone Hack

Default Which Internet Plan Would Work Faster Then The T-Zone Hack
    Hi i have Unlocked T-Mobile 8 GB 1.1.4 iPhone and currently i am using the T-ZONE HACK but the internet does NOT always work and it very slow. I was wondering what internet plan i can open is faster and works MORE often then the T-Mobile T-Zone Internet. Would someone please give me the choices and the price of the internet i can pick from thank you in advance

the 20/month plan seems much more reliable, and much faster, then when i had the tzones hack on mine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wonto0nz View Post
    Hi i have Unlocked T-Mobile 8 GB 1.1.4 iPhone and currently i am using the T-ZONE HACK but the internet does NOT always work and it very slow. I was wondering what internet plan i can open is faster and works MORE often then the T-Mobile T-Zone Internet. Would someone please give me the choices and the price of the internet i can pick from thank you in advance

The $19.99/month internet plan is 100% better than the t-zones hack...I dont care how many say otherwise. The hack is s-l-o-w, and alot of times doesnt even work. You also cant access some things with the hack. The $19.99 plan is very, very fast, and works just about anywhere.
    If you are cheap, keep the $5.99 plan, but to me, the extra $14 is so worth it, I will never go back to the hack
    Hope that helps
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Y'all should post some of your bandwidth test results so we can get some empirical data to back up your statements. If you go to Bandwidth Place Speed Test you can see what your results are. I get about 135K on AT&T Edge.

I use the T-Zones hack and hve never had any problems with it(other than it is slow). I went to the site and tested it and it was 65 kbps. It has been reliable though, always there when I needed it. The only problem is sending email takes about 2 minutes to actually send, recieves mail just fine though.

Yep the $19.99 plan. I switched from the $5.99 because it was too slow. Is worth it for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

i got $5.99 plan and it works just fine .and of course ill be faster if you have five bars compared to two bars ..

i get around 126k right now in my apt with 4 bars running the 19.99 internet.

i have used other unlocked phones with t-zones hack before and no matter what the 19.99 is connection is so much better. solid connection, faster bandwidth, access to just about all websites and better email access.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

there is no difference.
    ex-tmobile employee and tmobile customer for 8 years.
    post your speed tests and you will see.
    edge only supports so much speed.
    tzones gets up to around 130kbs
    so does the 19.99 plan.
    had em both and tested extensively. at home and work and everywhere between.
    same speeds, same reliability.
    SAME EDGE!

*****EDIT SEE BELOW******

deal with it!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2008-07-02 at 02:33 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

dang for an 8yr employee you don't even know the differences in ur own 19.99 data plans.

iphone doesn't work on the sk data plan. so 19.99 doesn't get u text with the iphone.

the 19.99 tmobile web plan is for edge only, thats it. then u gotta add text since its not an sk and the sk's edge doesn't work on the iphone.

so 19.99 for the edge, which is the same as the tzones edge imo. but people can say what they want and pay more if they want, its the same thing. i had the tmobile web plan for a month and switched to edge and didn't realize any difference other then saving 14 bux a month and not being able to use chat clients, but i don't use those anyway.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    dang for an 8yr employee you don't even know the differences in ur own 19.99 data plans.

iphone doesn't work on the sk data plan. so 19.99 doesn't get u text with the iphone.

the 19.99 tmobile web plan is for edge only, thats it. then u gotta add text since its not an sk and the sk's edge doesn't work on the iphone.

so 19.99 for the edge, which is the same as the tzones edge imo. but people can say what they want and pay more if they want, its the same thing. i had the tmobile web plan for a month and switched to edge and didn't realize any difference other then saving 14 bux a month and not being able to use chat clients, but i don't use those anyway.

you obviously have no idea what you are talking about!
    edge is the same no matter what phone you use. if not, then our tzones hack would only allow us to see wap addresses, but some how we magically see full html pages. the hack does not allow us to use some sort of super edge. it just inputs tmobiles vpn settings into the phone over writing at&t's.
    sidekick edge is blackberry edge is iphone edge. all the same. look it up.
    the difference is the features and access.
    19.99 comes with unlimited sms/mms. sorry dude but i have it right now. using it to type this on edge at 128kbs with 19.99 plan.

****UPDATE****

I called tmobile to verify and you were right bout one thing.
    i have 19.99 unlimited full internet and unlimited sms/mms because i signed up for it during a promotion and that has since changed. 19.99 full internet no longer comes with texts/mms. just internet.

but here is what i discovered.

tmobile does not change the internet or "throttle" it down for tzones (5.99) customers. 5.99 is the same as 19.99. its edge or gprs. whatever is closest/more reliable.
    tzones (5.99) is set up to allow "tmobile" phones that use WAP to access internet.
    tmobile internet (19.99) is set up to allow "tmobile" phones that use full internet (sidekick, blackberry, windows mobile) to access the internet.
    both use the same speed and technology.
    since this is not a tmobile phone it can be "hackd" to allow you to use the edge connection you receive on the 5.99 tzones (same speed as the 19.99) and see the full site instead of the wap. why? not because our phone has changed the edge access itself but because our phone is not limited to wap only like tmobile phones are (razr)
    if you have a tmobile phone that only uses wap, it will only work on the 5.99 plan.
    if your tmobile phone is a full internet phone, it will only work on the 19.99 plan.
    our phone will work on either because it isnt stuck to either. however, it gets the same amount of speed availability wether it is on the 5.99 or the 19.99.

finally i had him change my plan to the 5.99 for testing.

19.99 in front of my PC. 3 bars of signal. edge "E" is visible.
    speed 129kbs

5.99 in front of my PC. 3 bars of signal. edge "E" is visible.
    speed 128kbs

$14 a month for 1kbs?

dont think so.
    put it to rest.
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2008-07-06 at 03:21 PM.