Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: MMS for TMobile carriers

  1. #1
    Default MMS for TMobile carriers
    so i've put a couple posts requesting the settings for MMSC and Proxy Server Settings but no one has replied back so i thought where better to find the answer than the t mobile forum. i've tried numerous attempts from the link provided in the other forums but either none of them work or i'm just inputting them wrong. Has anybody used this with tmobile (us) successfully and if you have, what settings did you use?

    Thanks everyone.

  2. #2
    sorry dude, mms isnt working for any t-mobile usa user yet, we must wait for a .app update
    <put something witty here?>


  3. #3
    Thanks for the reply.

  4. #4
    ive tried multiple settings but it still doesnt work.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    I really hope they can get that working with tmobile.

    A while ago when I first got the iphone I had called tmobile about something else.. and I got to talking about MMS with the person on the phone and they said the network can handle it and so can the phone just need the right update.


    when I first got the phone I was able to get picture messages. Cause was still under the sidekick plan ..... the net wouldnt work with the sidekick plan but I would get a text saying that I got A picture message and I should goto a site with a temp password....
    then that just stopped working for no reason one day and never worked again ..

    I spent hours on the phone with tmobile trying to find out how come my albums was not getting the pictures anymore.

    seems that it never was solved .... I would love to know what happen to all the pics that I have sent to my number from my friends.....

    Before Like i said I could just goto tmobile pictures and see them ... oh well ...

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    I really hope they can get that working with tmobile.

    A while ago when I first got the iphone I had called tmobile about something else.. and I got to talking about MMS with the person on the phone and they said the network can handle it and so can the phone just need the right update.


    when I first got the phone I was able to get picture messages. Cause was still under the sidekick plan ..... the net wouldnt work with the sidekick plan but I would get a text saying that I got A picture message and I should goto a site with a temp password....
    then that just stopped working for no reason one day and never worked again ..

    I spent hours on the phone with tmobile trying to find out how come my albums was not getting the pictures anymore.

    seems that it never was solved .... I would love to know what happen to all the pics that I have sent to my number from my friends.....

    Before Like i said I could just goto tmobile pictures and see them ... oh well ...
    try calling them back and request to speak with higher teir .... like teir 2 or 3
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-12-19 at 07:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Lets just say that i have long givin up on that and whoever can send emails from there phone can send me pics.. the other people ohwell..

    I spent about a total In two days of 7 hours on the phone talking to everyone and there mom... and if i wasnt too lazy i would post it here For some info.. but short version.. I found a bug on there system that Would let me get the pictures from My sidekick account that Never turned off ... Its hard to explain .. but Best way is if you switch your plan to a sidekick... and then back again to what you have ... Your pics come to your phone as text with a temp link.. and it worked like that till they changed something and it never worked again..

    I never get a text anymore telling me that i got a new pic and I Can veiw it at this link with temp password..

    So yeah ... haha .

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    H-Town
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    here is a link that lets Tmobil US customers to send MMS, but i dont know about receiving ... i tested with my iphone and i sent a picture to my friend and he got it!! check it out

    http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/08/s...mms_on_y_1.php

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    Lets just say that i have long givin up on that and whoever can send emails from there phone can send me pics.. the other people ohwell..

    I spent about a total In two days of 7 hours on the phone talking to everyone and there mom... and if i wasnt too lazy i would post it here For some info.. but short version.. I found a bug on there system that Would let me get the pictures from My sidekick account that Never turned off ... Its hard to explain .. but Best way is if you switch your plan to a sidekick... and then back again to what you have ... Your pics come to your phone as text with a temp link.. and it worked like that till they changed something and it never worked again..

    I never get a text anymore telling me that i got a new pic and I Can veiw it at this link with temp password..

    So yeah ... haha .
    That's not a bug in our system its actually designed that way. Part of the t-mobile system is called the MMSC, obviously the Multimedia Message Service Center. It has to know whether or not your phone can support MMS. All of our current phones do, but a lot of the older ones didn't. So to make it so that folks without MMS capable handsets could receive MMS, the pictures are forwarded to their MyAlbum, and the handset gets an SMS that says you have to visit t-mobilepictures.com in order to view the picture.

    This is an extremely common problem when someone changes to a new phone (even a t-mobile branded phone). The phone will definitely be MMS capable, but it still gets the "t-mobilepictures.com" SMS instead of the MMS with a picture. All you have to do to remedy it is send 2 MMS to your own phone number. This tells the MMSC that you have a MMS capable phone.

    By switching your phone to a sidekick on t-mobile.com and then back to another handset, you're basically temporarily prompting the MMSC to accept that your handset is NOT MMS capable.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by fveilani View Post
    here is a link that lets Tmobil US customers to send MMS, but i dont know about receiving ... i tested with my iphone and i sent a picture to my friend and he got it!! check it out
    Whoopee... you sent your friend an email with an attached picture. That's not MMS.
    Search NAZI

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    Whoopee... you sent your friend an email with an attached picture. That's not MMS.
    lol.
    T-Mobile Tech Support

  13. #13
    wow thank you for that insight.. cause honestly I talked to so many people and no one seemed to have a brain like you man.

    The thing is ... Is there anway to make it like that again.. have it so I get the sms on the iphone saying to goto myalbum and use the temp password it sends ?

  14. #14

  15. #15
    thats one way of doing it but were trying to use the mms.app. I've tried a few... I also tried to use some info off of a friends BB (also tmo user) but to no avail... Just have to wait

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    wow thank you for that insight.. cause honestly I talked to so many people and no one seemed to have a brain like you man.

    The thing is ... Is there anway to make it like that again.. have it so I get the sms on the iphone saying to goto myalbum and use the temp password it sends ?
    The only way to do this is to call tech support and have them change your phone from an "MMS Capable Phone" to a "Legacy Phone" manually in the MMSC.

    If you ask a tier 2 rep that, and phrase it just like that, they should be able to help you out.
    T-Mobile Tech Support

  17. #17
    wouldnt this solve the MMS problem ?

    I mean we could use the Email thign to send them.. and this legacy thing you speak of would be great you would recivie the pics with the link

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •