Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prepaid Iphone Question

Default Prepaid Iphone Question
    Ok,so from what i hear i can use a t-mobile pre paid sim card in an unlocked iphone,now i have a question,how does tmobile prepaid system work?when i run out of minutes or the month is over can i keep the same number?Becuase i know with some prepaid cards you change your number after each card/sim you use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by len115566 View Post
    Ok,so from what i hear i can use a t-mobile pre paid sim card in an unlocked iphone,now i have a question,how does tmobile prepaid system work?when i run out of minutes or the month is over can i keep the same number?Becuase i know with some prepaid cards you change your number after each card/sim you use.

I have a prepaid tmobile sim for my blackberry, and tried it on my iphone, and it worked fine. Heres how it works. The sim card has an amount of money on it, that is worth so many minutes. Once the thing is activated, then you can go 2 months before you have to put more money/minutes onto it. You have to add minutes in that time, no matter what, or the card will expire. If thats the case, I'm not sure, but you have to re-activate it, and you may not be able to keep that same number. If you still have minutes on it, when your time is up to add minutes, your unused minutes roll over....you dont lose them. Now, you will not be able to have internet service with the prepaids, so you'll have to be in a wifi hotspot to use safari.
    I bought my t-mobile sim on ebay for $5.99 w/ free shipping, and it already had $15 worth of minutes on it. Once you get it, you just call the 800 number on back, and transfer the phone number to one w/ an area code in your town/city. After that, youre good to go. You can check your minutes any time, and I believe that every time you turn on the phone, or make a call, it shows the available minutes first. Also, you will get a warning when its close to time to refill minutes.
    Hope that helped.
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

Thanks

Dont you know how mobile phones work? ******* idiot
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Dont you know how mobile phones work? ******* idiot
    why do ya have to be a d*ckhead?
    You were never a newb, right?
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

Thanks

Yeah, like you gotta change your number every month! what a stupid thread
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Yeah, like you gotta change your number every month! what a stupid thread
    Are you one of those immature Internet tough guys?because that's what it seems like to me. Thanks for the help everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by len115566 View Post
    I've never heard of a sim card that expires! tmobile like other networks, when you run out of credit you can call them and top up with your credit card, or you can buy the credit from shops!