Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone and Tmo Blackberry Data Plan???

Exclamation Unlocked iPhone and Tmo Blackberry Data Plan???
    Does anyone know how these two work together???

the 19.99 Blackberry unlimited internet and email add on

I have a Curve on Tmo and want to buy a iPhone to interchange sim cards for different occassions.... just wondering if anyone has done this before and how well it works, and what you have to do to make it work..

I already tried adding the BB data plan and the tzones at the same time and im not allowed to... I even called customer service and they wouldnt let me. I dont want to cancel the BlackBerry Plan because i would lose my blackberry email.. not that its that important.

also, if i remove the BB data plan and add the total access for 19.99 will my blackberry still be able to access the internet? or is the phone exclusive to the blackberry internet service??

Thanks in advanced.

Thanks

Default Blackberry Pearl
    Before iPhone, I had a Blackberry Pearl with BB total data plan ($19.99).

On the iPhone, I only changed the Edge APN to: wap.voicestream.com and everything works great.

I did not play with BB email, never had the need to, but when I put the sim back into Pearl, everything works, so I would say that you can just interchange the sim between the BB and an iPhone.

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if you need me to test anything. I still have the Pearl.

Once you remove the Blackberry data plan your blackberry will not be able to access the internet. You will loose your blackberry email address, you can still make phone calls from the BB. I did this with my 8700g - removed the bb service and added 19.99 inet service w/ tmobile hotspot access. You can use wap.voicestream.com as the apn on your iphone - this will allow you to swith the sim from phone to phone and keep your bb service running.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luslips View Post
    Once you remove the Blackberry data plan your blackberry will not be able to access the internet. You will loose your blackberry email address, you can still make phone calls from the BB. I did this with my 8700g - removed the bb service and added 19.99 inet service w/ tmobile hotspot access. You can use wap.voicestream.com as the apn on your iphone - this will allow you to swith the sim from phone to phone and keep your bb service running.
    I thought that setting for the iphone APN setting was internet2.voicestream.com",or internet3.voicestream.com"

tmobile uses serveral diff apns depending on the data service you are using. This site lists all the data plans/apns that tmobile uses... http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_Data

i had a curve 8320 before the iPhone and paid $19.99 for the BB data plan, which gave me the full internet browsing tmo/blackberry e-mail account and that was about it... on my iPhone i got the T-Zone plan which saved me $15.00 a month and b/c it has built in Mail and Safari you really don't need the BB plan, just get the t-zone plan.. you shouldn't have problem, make sure you install the t-zone package to your iphone though