Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Internet Not Working

Default T-Mobile Internet Not Working
    I followed this tutorial step by step and did everything it said to do. But when I switch over to EDGE instead of Wifi and try to load a page up on Safari it says the server cannot be found.

Do have the internet plan. Unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone for T-Mobile.

What internet feature do you have on your plan? If you have the total internet, you don't need this hack, you just need to change your APN to internet2.voicestream.com.

What internet plan do you have?
    If internet2.voicestream.com doesn't work, wap.voicestream.com will.

i am having the same problem. I tried both APNs and neither one are working for me. When I use the internet2 one, it says "Could not activate EDGE. You are not subscribed to EDGE (although I know that I have the pay per use internet through T-Mobile pre-paid.)

i have the total internet plan put the apn still cant connect to the internet what is the issue

Can somebody help me!! I keep getting Error 502- Bad Request The server could not resolve your request for uri:

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You will most likely need to add the proxy hack.

In installer under SurrealNetworks it is the T-Mobile T-Zones proxy

I tried already and it only lets me go to yahoo and thats it!

Default i just talked to t-mobile customer care
    THEY DO HAVE A DEPARTMENT DEDICATED FOR UNLOCKED IPHONES IF U GO THROUGH THE BLACKBERRY DEPARTMENT. WHEN I GOT TO THE DEPARTMENT THAT DEALS WITH "UNSUPPORTED HANDSETS" AND TOLD HER I HAD AN IPHONE RIGHT AWAY SHE SAYS LET ME GUESS NO MORE INTERNET RIGHT. SHE THEN WENT ON TO TELL ME THAT CINGULAR AND APPLE DISCOVERED THERE ARE INCREASING NUMBERS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE UNLOCKED THE PHONE AND DECIDED ON A NEW ROUTE TO GET AT US. OVER THE AIR UPDATES.

SHE TOLD ME WHENEVER WE ARE ROAMING AND CONNECT TO A CINGULAR TOWER IT SOMEHOW TRIGGERS THIS OTA UPDATE THAT SHUTS DOWN THE DATA SERVICES FOR GOOD. IM POSTING THIS BECAUSE I REALLY DONT WANNA BELIEVE IT AND PREVIOUSLY WITH MY APN SET TO INTERNET2.VOICESTREAM.COM I WAS SLOW BUT NOW I CANNOT CONNECT. I AM GONNA TRY TO GET A LEVEL 2 SERVICE SUPPORT BUT I FIGURED I WOULD PASS THIS INFO ALONG TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by rstuvwxyz View Post
    THEY DO HAVE A DEPARTMENT DEDICATED FOR UNLOCKED IPHONES IF U GO THROUGH THE BLACKBERRY DEPARTMENT. WHEN I GOT TO THE DEPARTMENT THAT DEALS WITH "UNSUPPORTED HANDSETS" AND TOLD HER I HAD AN IPHONE RIGHT AWAY SHE SAYS LET ME GUESS NO MORE INTERNET RIGHT. SHE THEN WENT ON TO TELL ME THAT CINGULAR AND APPLE DISCOVERED THERE ARE INCREASING NUMBERS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE UNLOCKED THE PHONE AND DECIDED ON A NEW ROUTE TO GET AT US. OVER THE AIR UPDATES.

SHE TOLD ME WHENEVER WE ARE ROAMING AND CONNECT TO A CINGULAR TOWER IT SOMEHOW TRIGGERS THIS OTA UPDATE THAT SHUTS DOWN THE DATA SERVICES FOR GOOD. IM POSTING THIS BECAUSE I REALLY DONT WANNA BELIEVE IT AND PREVIOUSLY WITH MY APN SET TO INTERNET2.VOICESTREAM.COM I WAS SLOW BUT NOW I CANNOT CONNECT. I AM GONNA TRY TO GET A LEVEL 2 SERVICE SUPPORT BUT I FIGURED I WOULD PASS THIS INFO ALONG TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

Are you serious?!?!?! What the hell!!! Dam.. so i cant access the internet anymore? As in there is no way i can fix this? Thats some ********!!!!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I doubt it.

Also, turn off your caps lock.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah, that doesn't exactly sound legal for a company you are not associated with to change settings on an item you own.

Now if you are with Cingular, then you signed their EULA which allows them to make over the air updates.

So anyways... Is there any way to fix this?

Default sorry for the CAPS
    like an hour after i posted that i called back and talked to them again. this time i demanded that they get me to the next level of help(still in blackberry/unsupported handset) and that rep told me that what the previous rep was talking about was simple firmware upgrades from apple done in itunes.(its amazing how someone paraphrasing vague infromation can really twist around a story.) sorry for the panic, but my internet is still not working. he told me that they were experiencing a network outtage in my area(north jersey) and to try again later. for some reason when i drive around i can get internet but at my job(full bars) i get the "server stopped responding messages" could it be that im pickin up wifi that fast even if i dont select a network??

Guys this is what I found out yesterday. I was on the Basic t-mobile T-zones plan. With this plan you have to use the hack. The downside of this internet is it is for basic sites cnn, espn, yahoo, google etc. Things like beejive wont work. For the basic T-zones you use wap.voicestream.com. For the 19.99 internet plan they have you use internet2.voicestream.com, if you were using the hack from installer or hacked it through ssh you need to undo what you have done because the internet wont work. Also T-mobile takes a few hours to a couple days to do the switch so if it doesnt work now it may be T-mobile taking there time to make the switch. Remember like Poetic said take the caps off everthing is lowercase and dont use anything for UN and PW. Hopes this helps PM if you have any ?????

I assumed he was telling me not to post in all caps

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Ha, yah I was.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default Help.. Desperate!
    This is really upsetting me! I want my internet to work.. I have 1.1.2 unlocked 4gb iPhone.. I had a 1.0.2 phone, and my internet all of the sudden stopped working.. This is why I upgraded.. I thought it would fix it. But i still get the "Error 502 - Bad Request....." I forgot what else.. but yea I still get that.. And its getting annoying cause i want my internet to work. My internet used to work with wap.voicestream.com, im under the 19.99 plan. Ive tried internet2 and internet3.. any hep?

If you were using the 5.99 plan before uninstall that proxy hack you had to use to use t-zones. If that hack is still installed it wont work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast