Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got T-zones with Edge working.. WIFI BROKE

Default Got T-zones with Edge working.. WIFI BROKE
    Whats going on? As soon as i got it working i cant connect to wifi. I used the Bigboss source tweak and im on 1.1.4. Whats going on. Ill be glad when i get this fixed =/.. lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you kidding me? Lol. Well, this is the tricky one. Unfortunatly I dont have much backround knowledge on this one. I know its also referred to as "Greyed wifi"
    Google searches WILL find you the answer on this one. I think iLiberty has some sort of Greyed wifi and bluetooth fix. Best of luck to you.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

WIFI Broke???????????? Are you kidding me?.... what am I supposed to do with that kind of explanation. Do you go to the mechanic and say... my car's broke.... or to the doctor and say "i'm sick"?!!!! NO! You tell them EXACTLY what's wrong so they can help figure out the problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You used ziphone, didn't you?

Thanks

Well at this point it doesn't matter what you used. The fix is the same: Restore your phone in iTunes to 1.1.4.. then use iLiberty to jailbreak/unlock and go to the advanced tab and download the fox WIFI/EDGE payload and include that when you jailbreak.

Thanks

Ive used Ziphone 17 times. No problems. And ive had an iphone since day 2.
    So yea, but I understand why its risky, im just saying. I pisses me off when people say "You used Ziphone, didnt you?" As an assumption...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atokadd View Post
    Ive used Ziphone 17 times. No problems. And ive had an iphone since day 2.
    So yea, but I understand why its risky, im just saying. I pisses me off when people say "You used Ziphone, didnt you?" As an assumption...
    I agree... don't hate on someone just b/c they didn't know any better at first. Ziphone was amazing at first and this site endorsed it fully. Since the code has been analyzed and found risky the population has come to endorse pwnage and iLiberty. But for several months ziphone is all the community had to unlock the 4.6 bootloader so some credit is due.

Well heres what i have found. I did use ziphone. 3.0. BUT. The wifi is working. Its just that the network im on is using an "Auto Proxy" If i enter the proxy settings for my wifi. As soon as i leave the screen they will be reset. So it wont keep settings and it wont allow me to use my network. Well.. after that happened.. I cant even get on at all. Uninstalled everythings and now safari cant load at all =(.

Safari can't open the Page

The error was:"Operation could not be completed.(POSIX error 12 - Cannot allocate memory)"

Thanks

I dont know what to tell you. My best hope is put the phone in DFU mode, than restore. Jailbreak/Unlock again using iLiberty, PWNage, Ziphone, Etc. Than, test out wifi again, and if it works, congratulations (than put the 1.1.4 tzones hack back in, and type wap.voicestream.com in the edge settings, to get your tzones edge up again ). Good luck, sincerely.