Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Voicemail help

Default T-Mobile Voicemail help
    i've searched all over this forum and i could not find one bit of information regarding setting up the voicemail so it works with T-Mobile US. i have tried everything and it still doesnt work could someone help me out and write up a mini guide or anything that could be of help. thank you in advance.

Not sure what you mean. I have a Tmobile account, and voicemail works fine. I get the red dot when I get a new voicemail. And it goes away when I access the system and get my message. Heck even pressing the vm button dials into my vm automatically. This is without modding anything on the phone.

What firmware are u running?
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0

im running unlocked 1.1.2. dude your freakin' lucky. my voicemail never worked from the beginning. =[

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

What do you mean?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Need help too!!!!
    I have t-mobile and voicemail has always worked since day one. My problem is that I get the red voicemail dot when I turn my phone on regardless if i have a voicemail or not and it stays until I go into voicemail acting like I check it then it dissapears. Has anyone found a fix for this because i can't find nothing on line.

Thanks

Sure, check the other threads in this forum. You just need the new 64k SIM card from T-Mobile.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

chemicalcomfort (2007-12-13)

whats a 64k sim card is it like a new model? so if i would go to a t-mobile store and replace my 2005 t-mobile sim card with a new 64k t-mobile sim card then my voicemail would work?

Thanks

I had called t-mobile myself to see what a 64k sim card was and if i can get one to fix the same voicemail issue that everybody else is having. Nobody knew what i was takling about. Finally after about the 10th person someone had heard of the 64k sim cards. I was told that the only differance is that it is twice the size. Their is nothing special about the 64k versus the 32k sim card. Apparently you can't buy them via sales through t-mobile but you can pick them up a t-mobile store but good luck finding one that actually sells them.

Thanks

Most all the T-Mobile stores have the new SIMs. Your reps may not know that, but thats why you don't tell them you need a 64k sim card to fix the voicemail issue on your non-supported iPhone - you just say you need a new SIM.

Thanks

That may be the case where you are. I had the reps call all the t-mobile stores where I am located and couldn't find a single store within a 10 mile radius that carried them. I live in a place where their at least 20 t-mobile stores within that 10 mile radius. I have to drive clear out to seattle which is an hour away. All apologies but that indicator doesn't bother me that much. Also is their a way for someone to verify it is actually a 64k sim card? I was told that if you read the third row of numbers if it starts with a 6 it means its a 64k and if it starts with a 3 than its a 32k sim card and mine starts with a 6 but i am having that problem still. They also sell those sim cards on ebay for 4 bucks shipped but the guy can't verify they are actually 64k.

I work in tech care for tmobile.

The biggest difference between the older cards and the newer "64k" cards is that our newer cards have the t-mobile VM number permanently stored in it, and is not fluid like the older SIM's.

You know if you have on of these cards if it also has #MIN# #BAL# and #MSG# also stored as contacts on the SIM.

I cannot verify whether this causes or solves the problem tho, as I was using VM just fine before I upgraded my sim to a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by chris52204 View Post
    That may be the case where you are. I had the reps call all the t-mobile stores where I am located and couldn't find a single store within a 10 mile radius that carried them. I live in a place where their at least 20 t-mobile stores within that 10 mile radius. I have to drive clear out to seattle which is an hour away. All apologies but that indicator doesn't bother me that much. Also is their a way for someone to verify it is actually a 64k sim card? I was told that if you read the third row of numbers if it starts with a 6 it means its a 64k and if it starts with a 3 than its a 32k sim card and mine starts with a 6 but i am having that problem still. They also sell those sim cards on ebay for 4 bucks shipped but the guy can't verify they are actually 64k.
    An easier way to tell is if the SIM number is printed on the card in 4 or 5 digit rows. The older cards have 4 digits per row, and the newer cards have 5.
    Last edited by Mumbo_Jumbo; 2007-12-02 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just called tmobile and they told me that the new ones are 4 numbers per row and start with 8901 on the first row and 260x on the second. They can't tell me anything else besides that in terms of telling the difference between 32k and 64k sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbo_Jumbo View Post
    I work in tech care for tmobile.

The biggest difference between the older cards and the newer "64k" cards is that our newer cards have the t-mobile VM number permanently stored in it, and is not fluid like the older SIM's.

You know if you have on of these cards if it also has #MIN# #BAL# and #MSG# also stored as contacts on the SIM.

I cannot verify whether this causes or solves the problem tho, as I was using VM just fine before I upgraded my sim to a new one.

An easier way to tell is if the SIM number is printed on the card in 4 or 5 digit rows. The older cards have 4 digits per row, and the newer cards have 5.
    SHOOT! This is why I cannot get my voicemail button to dial YouMail instead of t-mobile! Is there any way to fix this? The only contacts I have on my SIM appear to be 411, 611, and the T-mobile Voicemail number.

Is there a workaround for this?

Quote Originally Posted by mad_llib View Post
    SHOOT! This is why I cannot get my voicemail button to dial YouMail instead of t-mobile! Is there any way to fix this? The only contacts I have on my SIM appear to be 411, 611, and the T-mobile Voicemail number.

Is there a workaround for this?
    I figured out how to change it. Just dial *5005*86*7142043114# and you're done.

I've recently had this problem also and the only way i've found to solve is to place the sim back into my blackberry for a couple mins and then back into the iphone. This also has worked when i lose the edge connection for no apparent reason. Its a pain i know, but seems to work for now. I'm on 2.2.1 and 2.30.03 using a Gevey 3G.

Anyway to get this to work for youmail?