Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.14, Apollo and MobileChat latest versions, $19.99 Data, why won't they work?

Default 1.14, Apollo and MobileChat latest versions, $19.99 Data, why won't they work?
    So I have firmware 1.14, the T-Mobile $19.99 data plan, and ApolloIM and mobileChat are updated to their latest versions. I even have the 1.13 IM Chat Fix installed.

Why do mobileChat and ApolloIM both crash when I try to connect on EDGE still? Everything else works.

Anyone have any idea?

In order for Apollo and Mchat to work on T-mobile you will need to get the $19.99 data plan with VPN support.

I had this same issue before. It seems some ports that these two apps use are blocked by T-mobile. VPN support keeps these ports open, thus allowing you to connect to the services.

It's really odd, because my brother has a Motorola Ming, uses the T-zone plan and can connect to AIM, MSN and Yahoo using a java app for his phone. Go figure.
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0

So I'm assuming that the VPN support is something I have to ask for separately? Because I have the 19.99 data plan. They still crash.

Quote Originally Posted by anicomplex View Post
    So I'm assuming that the VPN support is something I have to ask for separately? Because I have the 19.99 data plan. They still crash.
    Yup! You need to request it. If you are dealing with a nice rep they will hook you up with it. The VPN supported EDGE service is also $19.99 a month, so it is not like they are loosing money or charging you more.

Here is more info:

Internet with VPN

Same as Internet except that the Dynamic IPs assigned are externally addressable to allow for VPN and other direct access type applications. Example: 208.x.x.x You must specifically request "with VPN" support when adding this service otherwise you will only receive the Internet APN.

Before I switched to the VPN version I had issues with AIM connections. MSN worked without a problem.

I just hope that once they launch their 3G network they will lower the EDGE plan to something like $9.99.
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0