Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ihpone wanting to convert it for tmobile, teach me

Default Ihpone wanting to convert it for tmobile, teach me
    Ok so I want to use my tmobile plan and make calls with my tmobile stuff on my iphone( that is what this section is about right?). I know you have to jailbreak it and unlock it. Other than that I don't know much, if you can please make up a kind of tutorial for what to do. Any one have any tutorials? Also I will be able to use my iphone and make calls with my tmobile stuff right?
    Last edited by Trinirspeed; 2008-05-30 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Addition

Thanks

Look at the top of the webpage, and you'll see a big W and under that "Guides"
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Well after you unlock the phone you need to go to settings>network. On the network page you will see "APN", type in wap.voicestream.com to activate Edge. Ignore username and password. Exit to the home screen and you'll be good to go from there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PhxBlue For This Useful Post:

Trinirspeed (2008-06-02)

Quote Originally Posted by PhxBlue View Post
    Well after you unlock the phone you need to go to settings>network. On the network page you will see "APN", type in wap.voicestream.com to activate Edge. Ignore username and password. Exit to the home screen and you'll be good to go from there.
    So I don't have to pay for that do I?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trinirspeed View Post
    So I don't have to pay for that do I?
    Of coarse you have to pay you need to get some form of data plan

I just did this a few days ago, hopefully I can help. It's super easy.

I used Quickpwn to unlock and jailbreak my iPhone. There are tutorials about how to do it, just search around a bit. Make sure your T-Mobile SIM is in your iPhone throughout the whole process, also make sure you have the 3 files Quickpwn requires--the firmware and bootloaders. It worked like a charm for me.

If you want EDGE, sign up for the $5.99 tzones plan. The old tzones plans are grandfathered so they're tricky to get. It's the same speed as AT&T's internet and unlimited. There's a great thread on how to do this. Once it's added it can take up to 24 hours to fully activate. Took about 12 for me. I got a text message from T-Mobile when it was OK.

Lastly, set your APN under settings-general-network-cell data network to epc.tmobile.com, no username or password required. You can use the voicestream server if you want (or if epc doesn't work) but it's slower. Don't install the "T-Mobile hack" as it's not needed anymore.

One more thing, tzones wasn't working for me at first--I had to insert my SIM into an older phone, access tzones, then re-insert it back into the iPhone. The "E" immediately came up and I was good to go.
    Last edited by farfel; 2009-03-18 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is this really a post?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

true, seriously? if you used the search function you wouldnt have to waste a thread, its posted all around the forum.

Shi t, it is the forum. . . . . . .
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

I can't get the WiFi to stay on once i go to a site the Edge come on.