Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AHH! Everything works but youtube...

Default AHH! Everything works but youtube...
    Hi all. well been trying to figure out how can i get youtube to work on edge... everything works fine with edge except for that. keep getting message "YOUTUBE NOT AVAILABLE"... it loads the "feature" section and i can watch those videos (but wont refresh). but i cant "search" or watch "most viewed" section, they dont even load.

so ive tried this fix:
    Youtube Not Working On Your iPhone?: Steps To Fix

i've tried to get into the iphone with wincep... tried messing with that, no luck, i dont even know how to use that program.

so any help would be helpful. please! this is the last thing i need to do... can i get some detailed info on doing this please... thanks in advance!
    Last edited by iinokturnolii; 2008-05-23 at 12:41 AM.

I'm pretty sure I used to have youtube working on edge, back in sept/oct 07 (1.0.2 fw) and then one day all of a sudden it stopped working. I think t-mobile is blocking the port the youtube app is using. we need to find a way to make that app work through a different port.

youtube DOES NOT work with tmobiles edge. There is no fix for it.........yet.

YouTube works fine on my iPhone [T-Mobile, 1.1.4; $19.99 Total Internet Add-On]

Are you using the 5.99 proxy hack? If so, that's probably why you're having issues.

Thanks

you need 19.99 t-zones...i had this problem too..

I can confirm youtube does work on the 5.99 t-zone plan or edge. The only down side is video's viewed from edge isnt the best quality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Use mixtube thats what i use and u can just dl the video and view it

Quote Originally Posted by iancdp View Post
    Use mixtube thats what i use and u can just dl the video and view it
    *MxTube

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    you need 19.99 t-zones...i had this problem too..
    i have the $19.99 data plan. Ive tried evrything. Is there something im missing? Can u let me knowwhat im missing. I've done all the installer fix. Tried replacing the 3 files in with ssh. Thanks!

i had the same problem too...

try going to this link http://tonystech.blogspot.com/200...hones.html
    and see if it works for you....it worked for me =)

make sure you also do step #5 as well as copying those 3 files via ssh...even if u think u have the correct codes already just copy and paste it in there...and reboot your phone

Quote Originally Posted by tooclose View Post
    This link didn't work. Can you try that again?