Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going overseas on Tmobile Sim, anything I need to download to iphone?

Default Going overseas on Tmobile Sim, anything I need to download to iphone?
    I'm going overseas and will be using my iphone there with my tmobile sim card. Besides activating the international service on my tmobile plan, is there anything I need to download to the iphone to make it work overseas? Will caller id work and sms?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if ur still using usa tmobile over seas. everything should stay the same. your jus gonna be using tmobiles international service. its when u try to hop on foreign providers, is when you need stuff like app support and region formatts...
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

When you mean foreign providers you mean using a foreign provider sim card correct?

I've investigated this a bit. As the second poster said, you need the international option enabled by the t-mobile people. This is free, and all you have to do is call their support line, and tell them you'll be going out of the country. Unfortunately, once you've started your t-mobile service, there's a 90-day period you must wait before they'll activate this function for you. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If I recall correctly, even though you can't MAKE calls without activating international service first, you can still receive calls at the modified international rate.