Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a wait time for Myfaves to work with the iPhone?

Default Is there a wait time for Myfaves to work with the iPhone?
    I got my cheap nokia myfaves activated yesterday with tmobile. I added a couple #'s to myfaves. Today i pop the simcard into my iphone and call my friend who is one of myfaves. When i go online, all the minutes came out of my anytime minutes.

Do I have to leave the sim in the nokia for a certain amount of time before switching it to the iphone?

I also ported my # today and its in some dual mode where my sprint phone still makes incoming and outgoing calls with the same # i ported into Tmo, while my Tmo phone/iphone can make outgoing calls (showing the ported # on caller ids), but cant recieve calls until ~24 hours. Not sure if that could be part of the problem.

Edit:
    I just put the sim card back in the Nokia and made a call to one of myfaves, and it showed up online as coming out of myfave minutes. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Rebelatheart; 2007-11-14 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MyFaves is dependent on the phone software. So I don't think it will be compatible with the iPhone.

Tmobile is very clear on the fact that to use MyFaves, you have to use one of their phones that supports it.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

Plenty of ppl on various forums including this one have said that they are using myfaves with their iphone along with others saying they use random non myfave phones with tmo and it works.

Try adding them to the Favorites section of the Phone app. Then wait a bit and try it.

if you change your my favs from your phone then you have to wait for the phone to record those changes on the server, this takes up to 24 hours at eh most i think. you can change them online on tmobiles website. i have an iphone with myfavs and i change them online every month and it works just fine
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

Quote Originally Posted by pouncer11 View Post
    if you change your my favs from your phone then you have to wait for the phone to record those changes on the server, this takes up to 24 hours at eh most i think. you can change them online on tmobiles website. i have an iphone with myfavs and i change them online every month and it works just fine
    Seems like your right. I had actually did this yesterday, adding a myfave online. Right away i made a call to test, and it came out of myfave minutes. Guess i'll wait and see if the 2 i did from the nokia every kick in.

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkandDrive View Post
    MyFaves is dependent on the phone software. So I don't think it will be compatible with the iPhone.

Tmobile is very clear on the fact that to use MyFaves, you have to use one of their phones that supports it.
    Wrong. The MyFaves gui is dependent on phone software, MyFaves is not dependent on phone software. Yes Tmo makes it clear that you need to have a MyFaves compatible phone, but that's only to use the MyFaves gui.

I've used all unlocked phones on MyFaves and never had a problem with my minutes coming out of the MyFaves bucket, as have tons of people.

cliffnotes:
    1. MyFaves minutes work on the iPhone.
    2. MyFaves gui does not.

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Wrong. The MyFaves gui is dependent on phone software, MyFaves is not dependent on phone software. Yes Tmo makes it clear that you need to have a MyFaves compatible phone, but that's only to use the MyFaves gui.

I've used all unlocked phones on MyFaves and never had a problem with my minutes coming out of the MyFaves bucket, as have tons of people.

cliffnotes:
    1. MyFaves minutes work on the iPhone.
    2. MyFaves gui does not.
    Hmmm. Well color me wrong then. That's really good to know.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

Its not my idea, but you can create icons for your Faves, and use stacks to call them. Do some search for the one touch dialing also.

hmm i never developed anything for the iphone but is there any possible way we can create a custom GUI that iphone users using t-mobile service could input numbers and names of the people listed on their myfaves? that'll be great and besides i wanna become a developer too [;

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wsupitstonyy View Post
    hmm i never developed anything for the iphone but is there any possible way we can create a custom GUI that iphone users using t-mobile service could input numbers and names of the people listed on their myfaves? that'll be great and besides i wanna become a developer too [;
    u possibly could .. but it would b very hard.. but mayb someone can reverse engg an allready myfaves phone and pic put the myfaves software .. and try to throw it into the iphone not sure how compatiabl it will be ..
    but i change my fave right by going into safari......

hey guys just reading on your comments about myfaves
    so.....
    does it work on iphone without any software or tempering?
    help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I know this is an old topic, but I use SpringDial and it adds the Contacts [Including the pic] on my Springboard. So there is your MyFaves Icons right there

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quaan View Post
    hey guys just reading on your comments about myfaves
    so.....
    does it work on iphone without any software or tempering?
    help
    Regardless of the misinformation in this thread My Faves will work with iPhone. If you want to manage your faves go to your online account.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

I just talked to T-Mobile they said they didn't recommend the iPhone on the MyFaves plan because it could cause billing problems.