Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's the FULL DEAL on the iphone & Tmobile internet access via EDGE

Default Here's the FULL DEAL on the iphone & Tmobile internet access via EDGE
    Here's the FULL DEAL on the iphone & Tmobile internet access via EDGE on an Iphone with firmware 1.1.4 purchased brand new as of last week. 5.2.2008

After all of the dialog, technical support I have been with with T-mobile, here's the deal.

1) Tmobile's EDGE T-zones for $5.99 only works for 48 hours using wap.voicestream.com as your APN (and needs the BIG BOSS T-zone hack for 1.1.3 or a little longer because T-mobile tracks iphones on their network AS WELL AS any device that uses more data than T-zones normally allows. You will be shut down after 48 hours or maybe a little more. As T-mobile told me "Some users may be good for more than 48 hours, but they will be shut down eventually, as their system continually scans all accounts and can see both the IPHONE as well as data usage"

2) Tmobile's EDGE service can ONLY work with the FULL Internet package for $19.99 and you NEED internet2.voicestream.com OR internet3.voicestream.com to use it. YOU also, and this is REALLY important, CANNOT have the T-zones hack on the phone because that will make it NOT work. I had it still installed and thought EDGE wouldn't work with Full Internet, but it was because I still hack the T-zones hack installed, so I uninstalled it tonight after 3 days of troubleshooting and VOILA, all is well and working, e-mail, web, etc!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

????

You have no idea what I just said or what? What's up with the question marks?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe for some but my buddies had his tzones hack for months now and it still is working like a champ.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

yea mine works fine. been using it for a while.

I work for tmobile, and the APN for any internet service is wap.voicestream.com

internet2... and internet3... are sub-systems of the wap... APN.

let me tell you how untrue that is. I had tmobile service for a lil over a year i first got there service with a tmobile dash i had a proxy hack with that same **** we do to our iphones i did to my dash alot of data usage with that same stuff i do on my iphone. i had a iphone for a about 5 months i never had a problem a few of my buddies have the dash with the proxy hack its still working so that 48 BS is all it is is BS

I have had the T-mobile hack on my Iphone Since january and had no problem at all. Either I been lucky or some of those T-mobile Reps are full of it.

David

You folks are lucky, not caugh yet.

I am actually now looking at switching to AT&T

SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON

Better coverage with AT&T

150 additional minutes with AT&T

200 Text messages with AT&T

Only $51.00 for AT&T

Also, Starbucks is removing T-mobile and going with AT&T now

My 14 days is almost up, so I am switching ASAP.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

my tzones has been working fine since january. no problems here.

only 56 a month for 1000 anytime free nghts n wknds. unlimited text, unlimited tzones hacked
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by saabtmobile View Post
    You folks are lucky, not caugh yet.

Also, Starbucks is removing T-mobile...
    What I've read that you can still use T-Mobile hotspot at Starbuck for the next 5 years. By then, most areas will have city wide wifi.

Sorry but i'm stickin' with tmo. No problems with my edge. Running strong! IMO, not worth the extra $$$ by going to att.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive been using my tzones hack for 1.1.4 since january too and it still works fine!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Been using the t-zones hack since october and been going fine.

but you know what I heard from a friend who knows a guy who walks a dog who sniffs the butt of Mr.jobs's neighbor? That steve jobs is sending secret teams dressed as the FBI to peoples homes that have illegally hacked iPhones and taking them back and killing their families.

And that is the FULL deal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    Been using the t-zones hack since october and been going fine.

but you know what I heard from a friend who knows a guy who walks a dog who sniffs the butt of Mr.jobs's neighbor? That steve jobs is sending secret teams dressed as the FBI to peoples homes that have illegally hacked iPhones and taking them back and killing their families.

And that is the FULL deal.
    lmao

T-zones works fine for me. I only pay $48 a month for unlimited everything. They basically screwed up on my contract when I first signed up. There going to have to kick me off there plan. I'm not giving this deal up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam4581 View Post
    T-zones works fine for me. I only pay $48 a month for unlimited everything. They basically screwed up on my contract when I first signed up. There going to have to kick me off there plan. I'm not giving this deal up.
    Thats a deal right there!

WEll T-zones will not work forever..so anyone will be caught sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by saabtmobile View Post
    WEll T-zones will not work forever..so anyone will be caught sooner or later.
    Caught doing what? Using the unlimited data I paid for? As far as I am concerned the 5.99. Unlimited data package is just that. Nowhere do I see "unlimited" up till 2k of data usage. That would be absurd, much like your argument.

The 5.99 hack can barely be called a hack at all and more a change in settings. Nothing illegal, nothing shady.

So stop spewing your pro AT&T propaganda and go ahead and pay double for limited txt, mins, and customer service. All of which I get unlimited for a fraction of the cost.

and yes ladies and gentlemen, this is how I have chosen to use my first post. Enjoy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

actually decon ur tmobile edge 5.99 won't work for long..he is right...as a tmobile user and many other tmobile users had 5.99 edge fix but they will notice and then u will be off of it

Default Sadly
    Sadly, I can confirm this. the 5.99 hack worked beautifully until yesterday, when I got an error code on every page. I moved to the 20 a month plan and it worked.

I am a heavy user and was tethered to a laptop often.

I dont blame t-mo, its the same data plan as all their other phones, and they still blow AT&T out of the water in terms of service and pricing. I just miss my 14 a month. I think it had more to do with people doing the same thing with the dash than the iphone users.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast