Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't recieve picture texts...

Unhappy Can't recieve picture texts...
    I have a fully unlocked and working 1.1.1 iphone. I'm running the unlimited internet and unlimited text packages from t-mobile.

I can send and recieve regular texts but when someone tries to send me a picture text I never recieve it. I have unlocked the phone to also work with edge network.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
    Alan.

Thanks

iphone doesnt have MMS

What he said.

Only way to do it is to set up an email address and have your friends send pictures to that address. Then, your phone iwll pull down the pictures as an email attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    iphone doesnt have MMS
    Thats bogus. I can't believe this so called revolutionary phone doesnt have the ability to send of recieve picture messages.

Yea it's one of the main complaints of many users. We were all hoping apple would fix this in an update, but no luck so far. I wish they would listen to what people want out of the updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by F3nom3ni View Post
    Thats bogus. I can't believe this so called revolutionary phone doesnt have the ability to send of recieve picture messages.
    Welcome to 6 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Welcome to 6 months ago
    I'm new to the iphone game.

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Search around if your looking to send a ghetto MMS you can use [email protected] I believe!

Ok.. six months ago, but you get the picture... no pun intended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -welcome.jpg  

god damn it, I asked somebody to send me pictures too, and the same thing happened to me, thats stupid man. I hope they fix this soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

You can try to have them send the message to your phone number @ tmomail.net. I havn't personally tried it on the iphone yet but all my other pda's worked when I did that. It's usually the way around non mms supporting phones.

Quote Originally Posted by chris52204 View Post
    You can try to have them send the message to your phone number @ tmomail.net. I havn't personally tried it on the iphone yet but all my other pda's worked when I did that. It's usually the way around non mms supporting phones.
    That won't work because the iphone is not configured to receive MMS messages, you can have other people send you an email with the attachment but that's it.

However a MMS v0.1 was released today that lets you currently SEND MMS but it hasn't progressed to receiving them; yet.

about that mms program, anyone get it to work with tmobile? and if so, what settings did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by anujpuri85 View Post
    about that mms program, anyone get it to work with tmobile? and if so, what settings did you use?
    According to the developer, it won't work with T-Mobile US YET. T-mobile requires some other settings they didn't build into this release.

They will be updating, hopefully the app should develop well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jim0068 For This Useful Post:

anujpuri85 (2007-12-07)

SwirlyMMS can be used for picture messages. I installed it last night and it worked fine for me... sending, anyways. I haven't gotten a chance to test receiving. Its found in the "installer" app under "network" folder

Settings:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank