Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-mobile know i have iphone?

Thanks

Default t-mobile know i have iphone?
    just wondering if t-mobile knows that i have a iphone..?
    i got a razor v3 from them and i just swap the sim from my razor to my iphone everything works fine..
    so t-mobile knows what phones i have when i swap from razor to iphone?

Thanks

Yes
    To live, you have to lie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

pacmac (2008-04-29)

Thanks

so t-mobile dont pretty much care or what?

as long i have a contract with them there cool..?

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah T-Mobile (world wide) doesn't care that you have an iPhone. But you might run into problems trying to get support from them here in the U.S.
    But that's what we (here in this forum) are here for.
    *T*Mo**

T-Mobile doesn't care what phone you use - they are happy you are paying them every month for your cell service!

I have heard a couple different things regarding calling T-Mobile service. One person was told that since they don't sell iPhones, they don't havve a support group to help.
    One other person was told basically the same thing but they knew of some tech support guy that either owned an iPhone or knew a little about it and transferred the call to him for some help. So you "might" get some help from T-Mobile support.

Green Apple
    Thanks

T-Mobile actually has support for the iphone. If you call them and need help tell them you have an iphone. They have the protocols and everything in their computer to do step by step repairing for different services.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i called them, n told them i had an iphone. the rep told me a buncha people are using unlocked iphones on there network lol. they might know, but don't care one bit. as long as your paying
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

they dont care what phone you use and they have support for just about any phone on the market (even phones from overseas) you just have to ask to get transfered to tier 3 tech support and they will give you support for any phone you got.

The really can't care. If a phone is able to work on a network in the USA it is illigal for the company to refuse to activate it so because of this, even though iPhones aren't made to work on the T-mobile network in the USA, if its unlocked T-mobile has to be okay with it.

I just called T-Mobile and they don't care, they went ahead and gave me settings to help it connect through T-Zones.

I think they don't mind because otherwise they wouldn't see me as a customer, AT&T would if I was one of those "accepting it as it is" type.

I can back saabtmobile's commment up as well. I just called t-mobile and was very open about having an iPhone that works with t-mobile and they were like, "Cool! Let me get you over to a person who can get your phone set up with the EDGE network." Actually I had a blackberry internet plan which was $30/mo and was able to downgrade my internet plan to the regular $20 unlimited plan to connnect to EDGE so I ended up saving $10/mo by going to iPhone from Blackberry.

I got an official from T-mobile to indicate the following:

---------

T-mobile T-zones works for only 48 hours, then they scan the phone from their networks and shut you down. They encourage you to do the $19.99 plan, however at this time, I have not been able to even get my $19.99 plan working at all. Do I need to undo the hack T-zones hack to work the $19.99 plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone derrickb16's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah lol i told them and they were like do you want me to send the network configuration to your phone I was like no thanks but they can tell what type of phone you have if you give them your IMEI number but I didn't do that nope they don't care about the phone but the bill is a different story lol
    IF I'VE HELPED YOU BE SURE YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

They can see what type of phone you have in the computer through their data base. When a phone makes a call, t-mobile can look up the imei number of the phone that made the call. And when they check to see what type of phone made the most recent call, they will see it. They can see what type of phone you have even if it is an iphone. But they don't care. They'll take your buisness no matter what type of phone you have.