Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: youtube on iphone with t-mobile HELP!!

  1. #1
    Default youtube on iphone with t-mobile HELP!!
    i just recently bought an iphone and unlocked it for my t-mobile service and bought the 19.99 unlimited data plan. the calling/texts and internet works great and perfectly but when i try to connect to youtube it says "cannot connect to youtube" can someone pleaseee help me the. the only reason why i bought an iphone was for this feature.

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sd
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts

    go download mxtube. it works way better. but honestly it should work fine on that 19.99 plan. it only doesn't work when u have tzones. did u activate youtube? try the 1.1.4 youtube fix via installer

    but i'd have to say, if youtube via edge is the reason you bought an iphone, i hate to say your gonna be dissapointed. it reduces quality of the videos to make it possible to download them quicker, and makes the video way choppy. i use mxtube and download them via edge in high resolution for better quality
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

    waitin on my white iphone 4

  3. #3
    maybe im just not as good as some of the other modders here but i will say this....i started out with a pre-paid at&t account, unlocked my phone to use with t-mobile and now i opened up a real at&t account. i followed all post all hacks and all tweaks.. i did get the phone to finally work but what is the sense of having a $500 powerhouse on your hip that works at the speed of a turtle. i told myself time and time again that it was worth it cuz i why cancel my t-mobile but the bottom line is it is not. do yourself a favor and make the switch...it will never be as fast as the at&t version so jailbreak and enjoy at&ts speed.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 85 Times in 62 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    go download mxtube. it works way better. but honestly it should work fine on that 19.99 plan. it only doesn't work when u have tzones. did u activate youtube? try the 1.1.4 youtube fix via installer

    but i'd have to say, if youtube via edge is the reason you bought an iphone, i hate to say your gonna be dissapointed. it reduces quality of the videos to make it possible to download them quicker, and makes the video way choppy. i use mxtube and download them via edge in high resolution for better quality
    YouTube works fine via Tzones, you just need a better proxy hack!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rstuvwxyz View Post
    maybe im just not as good as some of the other modders here but i will say this....i started out with a pre-paid at&t account, unlocked my phone to use with t-mobile and now i opened up a real at&t account. i followed all post all hacks and all tweaks.. i did get the phone to finally work but what is the sense of having a $500 powerhouse on your hip that works at the speed of a turtle. i told myself time and time again that it was worth it cuz i why cancel my t-mobile but the bottom line is it is not. do yourself a favor and make the switch...it will never be as fast as the at&t version so jailbreak and enjoy at&ts speed.
    I honestly cannot tell the difference between ATT Edge and Tmobile Tzones. Did Edge for 5 months and am on month 2 with Tzones.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

    [How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

    How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

  5. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ING rep out in TX
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    go download mxtube. it works way better. but honestly it should work fine on that 19.99 plan. it only doesn't work when u have tzones. did u activate youtube? try the 1.1.4 youtube fix via installer
    I have the 19.99 blackberry internet plan should I be able to view youtube using edge? I installed both of the 1.1.4. youtube fixes and restarted after both installs and I still cannot connect

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kcisjojo View Post
    YouTube works fine via Tzones, you just need a better proxy hack!!!
    Well you can watch youtube videos from the youtube application if they are previously bookmarked or whatever was updated last on the featured page of youtube. However, you still can't update the featured page or search.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •