Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help with edge on my 1.1.4 I have tried everything!

Default Please help with edge on my 1.1.4 I have tried everything!
    I am currently signed with the 19.99 sidekick plan. I have tried evrything form all hacks, everything posted on this forum to wap.voicestream.com , and internet2.voicestream.com
    Nothing is working for me no matter what I do! It keep giving me a message saying that I am not subscribed to edge and with the wap setting it keep giving me a http error.
    I dont know what else to try. Can you all please help me with this?

i had a sidekick as well with that plan and just bought an iphone. i havent gotten it yet but i know the sidekick data plan only works for sidekicks. you need to call tmobile and switch the sidekick plan to the total internet plan which is the same price if you already have a voice plan. also, the total internet plan doesnt include text messages so you'll probably need to get a text message bundle. $5 gets you 400 i believe.

I have the $19.99 internet plan and had the same issues, until I reset the network settings (Settings -> Generel -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings). Set your apn to internet2.voicestream.com.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rick@angell.tv For This Useful Post:

orange12 (2008-05-24)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by init2winit View Post
    I am currently signed with the 19.99 sidekick plan. I have tried evrything form all hacks, everything posted on this forum to wap.voicestream.com , and internet2.voicestream.com
    Nothing is working for me no matter what I do! It keep giving me a message saying that I am not subscribed to edge and with the wap setting it keep giving me a http error.
    I dont know what else to try. Can you all please help me with this?
    as mentioned sidekick plan does not work on an iphone

So the sidekick plan is seperate from another internet plan?
    So if I am correct T-MOBILE's options are:

sidekick plan
    blackberry plan
    t-zone plan
    all internet plan

I will call t-mobile and see if I can switch from the sidekick plan since that is my last resort.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

blackberry plan and total internet plan will both work on the iphone, tzones requires a hack and sidekick just does not work

Default sidekick plan works!!!!!
    Ive try the sidekick plan and it works on my iphone. I used wap.voicestream.com and was able to use edge but did not get any pics from any website.