Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: to use native aim apps like apolo or mobilechat

Default to use native aim apps like apolo or mobilechat
    you must use vpn total internet and the internet3.voicestream.con apn. Enjoy!

ill stick to my 5.99 a month but thanks for the tip
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

I have the total internet plan. Is the VPN plan more expensive or is this a feature I have to flip on in my account?

Internet with VPN

Same as Internet except that the Dynamic IPs assigned are externally addressable to allow for VPN and other direct access type applications. Example: 208.x.x.x You must specifically request "with VPN" support when adding this service otherwise you will only receive the Internet APN.

Ok, I found out the answer. It seems I might have to call t-mobile to have my internet with VPN support.

Edit:

OK, T-mobile didn't let me get an internet plan with VPN support because supposedly the iPhone is not compatible with their VPN services. I also can't use the internet3.voicestream.com APN. Bummer!

Apollo and MobileChat do not work for me over EDGE on T-mobile. :-(
    Last edited by IriQuel; 2007-10-31 at 01:20 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IriQuel For This Useful Post:

antholyhotdamn (2007-11-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the answer is point your safari browser to meebo.com Forget Apollo and Mobile chat those programs are too buggy.

Talking I Really Appreciate This!!
    One of my biggest dissapointments as a very experienced iphone hacker was that i could not for the life of me get apollo to work. Turns out you have, and quite well actually this hack works like a charm. Perectly, tmobile does not support the iphone when i call them for things i need changed on my plan i always refrence my phone as the tmobile dash, as it uses the same packages needed for the iphone. if i can contribute at all to this tip i woul say to do just that call tmobile tell them its in relation to dash your using and change the apn. do not expect them to know or to tell the truth about what works on the iphone. thank you so much for this tip.

Default It does work!
    I just called T-mobile twice and the first time they gave me the "sorry we are not authorized to deal with the iPhone, you must contact Apple about internet connectivity."

BUT the second time I asked for the PDA department and I simply asked for the Total Internet Access WITH VPN and she gave me a few instructions on how to set it up with the APN address and thats it! She did a little test with the connection to see if it was working and within 5 minutes it was up and running. Right after I tried it with both Apollo and MobileChat and it runs successfully. no more online messaging apps for me!

note: if it didnt work the first time with T-mobile assistance, try again. Sometimes you will get the ones who work nice and clean and tell you about whats legal and whatnot and then you can get a hold of someone experienced in the PDA/Blackberry department that has all the information they know so far about the iPhone.

Cool!
    I like the 5.99 Hack too!
    T-Mobile's Customer Service Rocks! :-)

wait a minute im kinda confused... U call up t-mobile asking for internet with vpn and u have the 5.99 package? Or do i have to pay $20 for the internet with vpn nd get it to work with apollo or chat.

So theres no way for chat to wrk on the 5.99 package?

Mine doesnt work...

I just called T-Mobile to c if they would do it for me . They did it for me and now Mobilechat works like a charm . If they wont do it just insist that they do

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojoker View Post
    I just called T-Mobile to c if they would do it for me . They did it for me and now Mobilechat works like a charm . If they wont do it just insist that they do
    Do you have the $19.99 or $5.99 plan?

isn't aim going to release an official client when 1.2.0 comes out? hopefully that works with tzone.

Quote Originally Posted by jafeam View Post
    I just called T-mobile twice and the first time they gave me the "sorry we are not authorized to deal with the iPhone, you must contact Apple about internet connectivity."

BUT the second time I asked for the PDA department and I simply asked for the Total Internet Access WITH VPN and she gave me a few instructions on how to set it up with the APN address and thats it! She did a little test with the connection to see if it was working and within 5 minutes it was up and running. Right after I tried it with both Apollo and MobileChat and it runs successfully. no more online messaging apps for me!

note: if it didnt work the first time with T-mobile assistance, try again. Sometimes you will get the ones who work nice and clean and tell you about whats legal and whatnot and then you can get a hold of someone experienced in the PDA/Blackberry department that has all the information they know so far about the iPhone.
    When you asked for the PDA department..you obviously told them you had an iPhone right? Im just a bit confused cuz you said you were calling to set up VPN when you say she gave you "APN address" ?

Quote Originally Posted by IriQuel View Post
    I have the total internet plan. Is the VPN plan more expensive or is this a feature I have to flip on in my account?

Internet with VPN

Same as Internet except that the Dynamic IPs assigned are externally addressable to allow for VPN and other direct access type applications. Example: 208.x.x.x You must specifically request "with VPN" support when adding this service otherwise you will only receive the Internet APN.

OK, T-mobile didn't let me get an internet plan with VPN support because supposedly the iPhone is not compatible with their VPN services. I also can't use the internet3.voicestream.com APN. Bummer!

Apollo and MobileChat do not work for me over EDGE on T-mobile. :-(
    That is crap. I use internet3.voicestream.com with vpn on my iphone for the past year.

Thanks

I'm on the total internet plan... on internet2.voicestream.com... and Fring (AIM) works for me perfectly with edge.

I am actually using my BB data plan and fring works great over Edge!