Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Legality of using an iPhone on T-Mobile

Default Legality of using an iPhone on T-Mobile
    Is it legal to use an iPhone on T-Mobile?? As in, would I get sued/anything with the law if I asked T-Mobile how to add a service like T-Zones for my iPhone??

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

well i wouldn't quote 'iPhone' but seeing as other countries use t-m i don't think it will matter at least your paying for something
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks

nope ...and why would you ask t-mobile how to add service when you know that t-mobile dont support the iphone..they will say that they dont support it and have no info on that..

well t-mobile is supporting iPhone i guess... at least in some countries, like here in germany the iphone is available with a t-mobile contract....

so maybe try calling t-mobile support in another country? :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They may not support the phone as far as them having all the answers, but T-Mobile has a database that they go to for iPhone answers. I know this for a fact because everytime I call, they give me all the help I need until my problem is solved with my phone. They even told me what website I should check when I was looking for settings for the MMS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if you want to add a service you can always do it online.
    The website does require you tell them the type a phone you're using so just choose a phone that can be used with TZones.
    *T*Mo**

Quote Originally Posted by elsgk2 View Post
    Well if you want to add a service you can always do it online.
    The website does require you tell them the type a phone you're using so just choose a phone that can be used with TZones.
    That part I know. Maybe do you know any phones that I can enable the 5.99 t-zones plan on??

well it's 100% legal. you're not stealing anything. you paid for the phone, you pay for the service monthly. some people say that using tzone with the iphone is illegal since you're taking advantage of it. not true. if you use an unlocked phone it's basically the same deal. you're paying $5.99 a month for the service they say is "unlimited" data transfer. the so-called hack isn't really a hack so to speak. it's more like setting the right configuration for it to run on tzone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foureight84 For This Useful Post:

freakoftheindustry (2008-04-21)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you can use any GSM phone with TMobile and when you add it online, you can choose an unsupported phone as your phone

Except which phone can I enable t-zones for 5.99 on??? Or does it matter if I use the Tzones 9.99 plan with the hack??

any gsm phone will work with tzone. you just gotta configure the settings. the tzone "hack" are just config files. with the iphone you don't get extensive edge settings like you would with other gsm phones. that's why the tzone "hack" exists for the iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by foureight84 View Post
    any gsm phone will work with tzone. you just gotta configure the settings. the tzone "hack" are just config files. with the iphone you don't get extensive edge settings like you would with other gsm phones. that's why the tzone "hack" exists for the iphone.
    What I mean is which phone on the T-Mobile website can I enable T-zones on??

And, if I can't find the 5.99 plan, would the 9.99 tzones pro work with the hack??

I called t-mobile and they helped e set up my iphone with them so that it would work with the internet and you tube. I doubt there is a legal issue.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to french bum For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (2008-04-23), redsoxfan10 (2008-05-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

I Feel If I Pay $400 For The Phone I Can Do Anythin G I Want With It And Im Paying For Data Plan And I Can Use That Any Way I Want ....

they dont care i was on the phone with the tmobile CC and i told them i wanted tzones and the guy was like "oh i see you have an iphone" i guess they can tell what phone you are using and they dont care about it.

they don't care. they help you set it up over the phone.

yeah buddy

yeah buddy, t mobile is not worried about you using iphone, even apple said that all the folks who unlock iphone will loose manufactures warranty and support. they never said that its illegal to unlock it. When i called tmobile, i told them that i had iphone and rep said they have 15 pages worth of infos to support their clients who have iphones. He said that there is a lot of folks on tmobile with iphones. they even have a specific department that you get transfered to sometimes, that is specifically for "unsupported" phones. One guy that works there as a rep has iphone himself. so no worries about legal issues my friend.
    Last edited by mtea81; 2008-04-24 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mtea81 For This Useful Post:

french bum (2008-04-25)

Quote Originally Posted by mtea81 View Post
    yeah buddy

yeah buddy, t mobile is not worried about you using iphone, even apple said that all the folks who unlock iphone will loose manufactures warranty and support. they never said that its illegal to unlock it. When i called tmobile, i told them that i had iphone and rep said they have 15 pages worth of infos to support their clients who have iphones. He said that there is a lot of folks on tmobile with iphones. they even have a specific department that you get transfered to sometimes, that is specifically for "unsupported" phones. One guy that works there as a rep has iphone himself. so no worries about legal issues my friend.
    Word.

I love Apple, I even use a macbook, but they are way to up tight on all that warranty stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puppyskullz View Post
    they dont care i was on the phone with the tmobile CC and i told them i wanted tzones and the guy was like "oh i see you have an iphone" i guess they can tell what phone you are using and they dont care about it.
    How do they know that you have an iPhone? I had a Razr2 and added the tzone before purchasing the iPhone. When I make a payment online, my Razr2 shows up as my phone.

This is just funny. The other day, my wife's lost her phone and went to tmobile to get a new sim card. When she told the rep about her situation and asked for her number, the rep replied with "this is for your iPhone?" This scared my wife, since she thought that me using the iPhone on tmobile was illegal. How do they know I'm using an iPhone? I mean if they look at my history, I upgraded to the Razr2 and added the tzone plan. I made no call or showed them that I was using an iPhone. Is the iPhone sending something to tmobile indicating I'm using an iPhone instead of the Razr2.

I want to ease my wife's worries about the iPhone on tmobile. She doesn't want to anger tmobile since we had no problems with them ever since the voicestream days.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

when you put your sim in your phone, it registers with your service provider and they can see your phone's IMEI and that's how they know. as mentioned in this thread, there's absolutely nothing wrong with using an iphone on tmobile. they'll even assist you to the best of their knowledge on/with the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast