Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have THE strangest issue with T-Zones...

Default I have THE strangest issue with T-Zones...
    I set my wife's T-Zones up last week with the Bosshack for T-Zones, and on wap.voicestream.com she can access the Internet, but NOT her GMail account using the Mail app. However, if we switch to internet2.voicestream.com, she can access her GMail but NOT the Internet (Safari). Is there a way to make both work simultaneously?

Thank you!
    Last edited by poppyseed; 2008-04-17 at 06:30 AM.

wait i thought internet2.voicestream.com is only for total access?

Quote Originally Posted by foureight84 View Post
    wait i thought internet2.voicestream.com is only for total access?
    Supposedly so. But e-mail works for me on it right now, but no Safari, for whatever reason. The REAL issue is why my wife can't check her e-mail on wap.voicestream.com but all the websites work! Is there something I'm missing?

Is it perhaps the default ports in GMail causing issues? Currently it's 993 for incoming, and 587 for outgoing...
    Last edited by poppyseed; 2008-04-17 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you should try uninstalling boss's tzone hack and try this. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38681 i use that and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply. What's the best application for Mac OS for modifying that file?

you can just use the terminal. i think osx has ssh built in. so i would ssh [email protected]_address for the iphone. the password to log in is alpine. you can use nano to edit and i believe you can copy and paste through the terminal. i edited it on ubuntu. but nano is a built in editor on the iphone.
    Last edited by foureight84; 2008-04-17 at 07:27 AM.

I'm not very adept at Terminal. I shall try Fugu as people seem to like it! Will report back.

Thanks for the help!

no problem i hope it works out.

OK, just modified the preferences.plist exactly as it is in your link, and not working. I get the error message accessing any sites:

HTTP ERROR: $CODE$

And Mail doesn't work either. So this has been even less successful than any other method...

Now getting this message:

internal error You do not have access to the site in engadget.com (whatever site I'm accessing)
    Last edited by poppyseed; 2008-04-17 at 07:48 AM.

i got that http error code the first time around too but i reran and it was fine. sorry it didn't work out.

the problem you're having is really weird. cause i just restored my phone and unlocked it just right now. all i installed this time is bigboss tzone hack from installer, and edge works fine.
    Last edited by foureight84; 2008-04-17 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It IS really weird, because I put my sim in my wife's iPhone and T-Zones works great completely with the Bosshack for 1.1.3 (we're both 1.1.4). I seriously think T-Mobile is blocking these T-Zones accounts...

And this morning neither websites or e-mail is working with wap.voicestream.com.

I think, based on how MY sim works fine, this is proof that T-Mobile is locking down this process for (at least some...) NEW T-Zones $5.99 plans.
    Last edited by poppyseed; 2008-04-17 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by poppyseed View Post
    It IS really weird, because I put my sim in my wife's iPhone and T-Zones works great completely with the Bosshack for 1.1.3 (we're both 1.1.4). I seriously think T-Mobile is blocking these T-Zones accounts...

And this morning neither websites or e-mail is working with wap.voicestream.com.

I think, based on how MY sim works fine, this is proof that T-Mobile is locking down this process for (at least some...) NEW T-Zones $5.99 plans.
    when did you get the plan? my plan is fairly new, i signed up with a new account in january.

Quote Originally Posted by foureight84 View Post
    when did you get the plan? my plan is fairly new, i signed up with a new account in january.
    Just got the plan enabled 6 days ago.

well i hope it works out for you. keep trying i guess. =D

Kept trying. No go. My sim works perfectly in my wife's iPhone. Her sim won't. End of story. T-Mobile is just blocking accounts. No other explanation.