Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Difference Between 5.99 and 19.99 plan?

Default Difference Between 5.99 and 19.99 plan?
    Hi, i want to get internet on my unlocked 1.1.4 iphone. So there is no difference in the speeds of each plan, correct? and for the 5.99 one you need to do the hack from installer, right? and for the 19.99 total internet plan, you're good to go after buying it?

yeah you should be good to go, dont ask for the 20 dollar internet package though, i believe its only 10 now. youll have to look more into that though. but in any case if you ask for 20 a month they will give it to you.

the 6 dollar plan is a little slower from what i understand but i would recommend it, works fine for me, just need one of the many proxy hack methods to enable your phone to have internet access. the only real downside would have to be refreshing the pages. when you let the phone sit or become locked, the phone loses its ip address and when you connect again, it gives you a 504 error, so you have to refresh to get the first page to load. not a big issue for 6 bucks a month.
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

biggest difference between the two is, youtube works fine when on the 20dlr data plan. youtube does not work when on the 5.99 plan

but mxTube works fine on the 5.99 plan and i prefer it over youtube lol.

major difference, u save 14dlrs a month.

speed is the same. i used the 20dlr plan for the first month, then switched to the tzones hack and stayed on it ever since.

never heard of a 10dlr data plan before, im gonna look into that.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

does it happen to the 9$/19.99$ too? do you have to refresh it for it to load because it lose it ip address..?

thanks

Verified w/ T-mobile that the so called $9.99 plan is STILL $19.99. I'm fine with the $5.99 t-zones plan.

Quote Originally Posted by pouncer11 View Post
    yeah you should be good to go, dont ask for the 20 dollar internet package though, i believe its only 10 now. youll have to look more into that though. but in any case if you ask for 20 a month they will give it to you.

the 6 dollar plan is a little slower from what i understand but i would recommend it, works fine for me, just need one of the many proxy hack methods to enable your phone to have internet access. the only real downside would have to be refreshing the pages. when you let the phone sit or become locked, the phone loses its ip address and when you connect again, it gives you a 504 error, so you have to refresh to get the first page to load. not a big issue for 6 bucks a month.
    10 now? no way, are you serious?

it's still $20... i don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks

the diffrence is only about 40 kb between 5.99 and 19.99

Default proxies and such....
    Quote Originally Posted by pouncer11 View Post

um... I've been trying with the $20 plan on 1.1.4 <iLiberty+> and can't get a lick of use. Used internet2, internet3, wap with and w/o guest/guest. ... wondering your tricks

Try Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings, then use internet2.voicestream.com as the APN.

Actually one of the other differences is.. with the proxy once you reach a certain amount of data transfered you are cut off and have to regain connection.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

you are going to save $14 a month , if you care much about youtube go ahead and get $19.99 plan ,

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    biggest difference between the two is, youtube works fine when on the 20dlr data plan. youtube does not work when on the 5.99 plan
    YouTube Works great on my Tzone Hacked phone.

And I dont have any safari issues.

LocateMe works perfectly.

Only difference is I have $14 extra in my pocket every month and I cant tell the difference in speed.

Literally I cannot tell the difference from when I was on ATT Edge and Tmobiles Tzones
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

hey guys, i'd really appreciate it if some of you from the att plan, tmobile tzones, and tmobile total internet plans would post their speeds. thanks

T-Mobile currently have the following plans:

T-MobileWeb ($5.99)
    T-Zones Pro ($9.99)
    Total Internet ($19.99)

I think want everyone is talking about is the T-Mobile ($5.99), then what is the difference between the other two ($9.99 and $19.99)?. Is it only that the $19.99 includes the Hot-Spot service?

Thanks

Update:
    I have downgraded the plan to the $9.99, and observed the following:
    1. APN:internet2.voicestream.com, didn't work
    2. APN: wap.voicestream.com, the following worked fine; internet, youtube, email, google maps, google locateMe, weather, stocks, though the internet speed is slower than before...
    3. No more Free HotSpot (Starbocks, ets)....

Thanks
    Last edited by eng; 2008-05-02 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Update

Where do you see the T-Zones Pro service on their website?

I know, I don't see it. I want an iphone but don't know if the 5.99 plan is fast enough.

Last time I used T-Mobile plan, speeds were comparable to a 1G Network.