Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wont check email over EDGE

Default Wont check email over EDGE
    I can't get my email to check over EDGE. I have the unlimited plan, so the hack is not the issue. It checks when I get on wifi. I have no idea why, this just started last friday. VERY annoying. Help! Thanks all

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

have you checked and make sure that your edge settings is still in there? also, perhaps trying a soft reset may help

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem with 1 of my 3 Gmail accounts. Just started happening a few days ago as well.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

this is not going to be very helpful but once in a blue moon i won't be able to connect to gmail via edge and gives me an error message about not being able to connect and my username/password being incorrect, etc. i find that if i try to "fix" it, it just continues to give me the error message BUT if i leave it alone, it eventually will connect successfully and be back to normal. the longest it's taken for it to fix itself is probably half an hour? not sure if this will be helpful at all

if you haven't done a reset all settings, perhaps you want to consider that?

The weird thing is, it checks if I do it manually...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually can't get my email account to send out emails. I have earthlink on my iphone...Funny thing is that I can receive but can't send out...It says, "CANNOT SEND MAIL....CHECK THE ACCOUNT SETTINGS FOR THE OUTGOING SERVER "smtpauth.earthlink.net" but thats exactly how it is on my pc....How do I fix this and get it to send my emails?

Quote Originally Posted by EL TIGERASO View Post
    I actually can't get my email account to send out emails. I have earthlink on my iphone...Funny thing is that I can receive but can't send out...It says, "CANNOT SEND MAIL....CHECK THE ACCOUNT SETTINGS FOR THE OUTGOING SERVER "smtpauth.earthlink.net" but thats exactly how it is on my pc....How do I fix this and get it to send my emails?
    Did you set your outgoing password

this happened to me today. i always check, receive and send using gmail on EDGE. it couldn't find a server today, but it came back after about half an hour. i checked under settings to makes sure that it still had the wap.voicestream.com and blank for user ID and PW.