Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: good t-mobil phone to buy for iphone?

Thanks

Default good t-mobil phone to buy for iphone?
    my contract just expired today and i have family plan and my family dont want to use t-mobil any more and i dont want to use ATT..

what a good one to get so when i order it i can just pop the t-mobil sim to my iphone. will the free one from t-mobil will work fine and do i have to get one that offers the web browsing for that phone so i can get my EDGE to work..

thanks

I also had a similar question to this.

Because I'm tired of using pre paid sim cards I was wonder if it's possible to just get a contract from T-Mobile with a phone that uses their SIM cards and just switch it to my iPhone since it's cheaper and it has free nights calling and all that.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

It doesn't matter. Its all the same SIM card...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

You dont have to buy a phone from them to get a sim card. You can just get a contract with them and get a sim card activated.

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    You dont have to buy a phone from them to get a sim card. You can just get a contract with them and get a sim card activated.
    If you're going to go under contract you might as well get a free phone or look for a dealer giving Pearls for $50 or something so you can turn around and sell to make some $$$. No point in going under a contract if it's not needed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

No special sims are needed . Pop in that T-Mobile sim and use the phone. You don't need to sign another contract or any of that nonsense. Just continue to use your phone as you do now. If you're on a family plan, just switch it to a single line.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

^^works for T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    No special sims are needed . Pop in that T-Mobile sim and use the phone. You don't need to sign another contract or any of that nonsense. Just continue to use your phone as you do now. If you're on a family plan, just switch it to a single line.
    If you switch plans T-Mobile will extend your contract for one year. May as well see what one year pricing is on phones and pick something up if it's a good deal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Or, you can just activate the SIM, or get a new SIM, for $20.

I use FlexPay, so I dont even have to worry about a contract. I pay month to month, no contract, have 1500 minutes, free nights and weekends, free mobile to mobile, unlimited text and MMS, and Edge. Costing me like $85/mo