Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help With Installing third party apps and media

Default Please Help With Installing third party apps and media
    Sorry I'm a Newb, just got my iphone for my bday. I know how to use the installer app, but what if something i want is not on installer? How would i go about installing those, such as custom made SMS bubbles? How do I get themes and stuff that arent on installer as well? Thank you for your time

Well since u knoe how to use installer I assume its already jailbroken...and if that is the case then u would have to use something to SSH into ur iphone (if on windows) such as iphonebrowser, winscp, ibrickr just to name a few and then u can manually install them by going to the right directories within ur phone (such as Applications/MobileSMS.app, if u were changing the bubbles thats where they are located)

OR

install customize (if u havent already) and place the images in there and u can swap out things on the go (with out being at the comp) that location is var/root/Library/Customize then u'll see the different folders for different images.

As for themes e-z'est way is summerboard and u would use that the same way as customize, but the location is var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes

All this info and more could be found in better detail if i made it to vague in the wiki section of the board. GoodLuck and Welcome!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.