Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A working Background

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I drag and drop the image into the tmeplate.psd it opens up in a new window...how do I get it into the template?

As you can see, Im not skilled in photshop.....yet!
    Once you have it in a new window, hit ctrl a then ctrl c then go back to the template and hit ctrl v. Once it's in, drag it to where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    Fun & quick to create with goesquik's template. Should have really followed directions the first time though - all the extra space at the top and right is to place the icon correctly - if you crop to the background size (320x480) it won't work. Icons stolen from another theme, author I can't remember, background from Leopard developer preview. Swapped the clock and SMS because the new SMS popup was being cut off by the transparency mask. I think it looks pretty sharp.

I'm having a hard time following the instructions on his template... after i have done step 6... what do i do? i get stuck there that i dont understand when he said that im done if i dont want to use a dock... ok... whats the file name that i have to save this to?

its kinda hard for me to follow instructions without pictures... sorry but im a kinesthetic learner... pictures with text is how i can follow. can someone make a tut for this please. i really want to put a background image on my phone. Thanks guys!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finagle69 View Post
    Once you have it in a new window, hit ctrl a then ctrl c then go back to the template and hit ctrl v. Once it's in, drag it to where it needs to be.
    Thanks...that helped.

thanks for the great tutorial! anyone know how i would go about getting rid of the text from under the icons? im getting black boxs around the text and it doesnt look good with em there...

Default help in photoshop
    im following the instructions included in BGtemplate.psd but im stuck at number 3, when i right click the sms icon layer the "select layer transparency" option dosn't come up.

Im using photoshop cs3, thanks.

There is a file in System>Library>SpringBoard.app named SpringBoard with no file extention. Does anyone know what this file is? Does anyone have a copy of it they can upload so I can check if there is code in there to change the background? Thanks.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

If you're talking about PkgInfo, it has nothing to do with the background .

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I didn't mention PkgInfo anywhere in my post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoovie View Post
    There is a file in System>Library>SpringBoard.app named SpringBoard with no file extention.
    whoops. I read that as

There is a file in System>Library>SpringBoard.app with no file extention.
    My bad.

There is a file in System>Library>SpringBoard.app named SpringBoard with no file extention. Does anyone know what this file is? Does anyone have a copy of it they can upload so I can check if there is code in there to change the background? Thanks.
    /System/Library/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard is the actual executable binary.

In windows, this would be similar to a .exe file.

There is nothing in this file that you can modify.

Any other idea's?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rconnetta For This Useful Post:

laz305 (2007-08-03)

ooo THat red dock is very nice i like it.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

Thanks

Thats a pretty cool look. If it was mine, I'd fix the dock up to be not quite as wide so its uniform all the way down, and then I'd blend the dock into the red so its not such a harsh break. But that's only cause I'm picky.

NICE work.

very nice work, hope to slap this one on soon. hey if I am going from Gunmetals (with a plist) to a theme like this that's a default plist I need to add the default plist back right?

Yes if your talking about the display order
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

Hey, Organik, have you uploaded your leopard background and dock to MMi? I made a Leopard dock and uploaded it here.

If you do a multiply or screen (i forget which one gets rid of shadows) layer effect in Ps, and lay your dock behind it, would look identical to Leopard.
    Last edited by EverythingApple; 2007-08-09 at 04:07 PM.

here's mine... i have one problem .. the original calander icon shows through even when i slap my custom icon piece over it.. so right now i have a blank calander icon letting the sunday and 19 show through you know ....... but all the icons completely overlay the originals except for the cal icon... any ideas??

i didn't realize that it shows the actual date on it lol soooo hehe
    Last edited by XeiaieX; 2007-08-20 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

EDIT #4278t6579284524

ALMOST THERE...

EDIT #4278t6579284524+1

YES. Done.

here's the product :

sorry for blurry picture. it looks 10x better in person.
    Last edited by kamil234; 2007-08-27 at 01:34 AM.

Hi There,
    I am wondering if you could assist me....I am not that great with computers, however, I managed to change the icons on my iphone except the clock,ipod, dock and the background...I am using iBrickr 0.8, when I tap into files then look for the application to change its icon, I could not find where to make the icon replacement to those above mentioned applications, further, I wanted to change the signal and battery bar, still completely lost, don't know where they are....if you wish to assist me, please guide me slowly and step by step so I don't get lost.
    Thank you in advance and i hope am not bothering.
    my e-mail is [email protected]
    Kayed

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast