Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A working Background

Ya the whole problem with a "single image" as the background is you lose the darken factor when you press the button. And thats no fun :/

We have all been tweeking to get this stuff dialed in. Im pretty close to having you all a template made. And its a psd with plenty of text embeded to walk you through. =)
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

So psyched about this development. Been working on a layout, a few icons really need to be worked on, contacted the original developer to see if he is interested in doing a couple custom icons to complete the package.

Working on calendar transparency, not totally done, but could release a photoshop file if anyone is interested. background is modified from dpmhi. Let me know what you think. I want to replace camera and maps icon. And possibly the phone icon, I have cleaned it up since this jpg.

What do you guys use to drop you images into the phone. I know about the iphoneinterface, but also saw the ManzanaUI program, however I cannot get it to work for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoboogie View Post
    So psyched about this development. Been working on a layout, a few icons really need to be worked on, contacted the original developer to see if he is interested in doing a couple custom icons to complete the package.

Working on calendar transparency, not totally done, but could release a photoshop file if anyone is interested. background is modified from dpmhi. Let me know what you think. I want to replace camera and maps icon. And possibly the phone icon, I have cleaned it up since this jpg.

I would really like a psd template, please post what ever you are willing to share

will post now. uploading in downloads section, so whenever it's ready.

the masking is still a tad bit off on the mask for calendar, but there is an icon layer and there are channels for each section that you need to output. one for clock, calculator, notes and settings. There is also a channel for the calendar so you can load a bkg, then load the calendar channel and cut out a see through transparency for png. The dock is just for placement, you can hide that layer before you output.

let me know how it goes. I will improve upon this soon.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

.psd approved!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default template with instructions...
    Here's my tutorial with template all in one file, it only utilizes the stock icons right now in their stock locations. However, it works great just to get any 320x480 background on your phone. Any questions, let me know
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VFCV73PN

*Quick edit: make sure when you import your 320x480 pic it becomes the bottom layer of the psd*
    Last edited by goesquik; 2007-07-23 at 05:20 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goesquik For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2007-07-23)

Thanks

Thanks, goesquik. Good .psd!

So i followed your psd file instructions closely... and its almost there, most of the icons are good, however part of the sms icon is hidden, the entire calender icon is hidden and the photo icon is hidden... and the image is not centered vertically or horizontally... ill try to get a picture of what is happening up tommorow...

on a side note, i see the services.plist thing talked about here and there, whats it do, and do i need to re-up the file to my phone>?

Default services.plist
    services.plist is pretty critical. You will not be able to sync if you don't replace the original file. definitely rmdir the services.plist file before putting the original back up. Seemed to do wonders for me.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychoboogie View Post
    services.plist is pretty critical. You will not be able to sync if you don't replace the original file. definitely rmdir the services.plist file before putting the original back up. Seemed to do wonders for me.
    Just a reminder if you are on a PC you dont have to do this, only macs have to

so.. heres what it looks like, im getting a black bar between the original dock, and the last row of buttons... so the image is shifted entierly off...

and this is what the background should look like

and heres the method i was using, that someone posted their psd file for others to try...

-newest edit--
    Well, i think i figured out that it centers the icon over the "hot-spot" ... so if you use 1 icon that has the entire background on it, how would you stop it from centering on that icon, and just place the image in the center of the screen???
    Last edited by ThreeD821; 2007-07-23 at 05:53 PM.

you have to add black space on the sides.

yeah, i got it now... i was looking at everything again, and going off the whole "icons being centered idea" i realized you needed the blank space around everything. Excellent.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Smile Vintage Leopard Theme
    Fun & quick to create with goesquik's template. Should have really followed directions the first time though - all the extra space at the top and right is to place the icon correctly - if you crop to the background size (320x480) it won't work. Icons stolen from another theme, author I can't remember, background from Leopard developer preview. Swapped the clock and SMS because the new SMS popup was being cut off by the transparency mask. I think it looks pretty sharp.

Thanks

Nice look.

does moving the SMS logo allow the little red pop-up number to show up completely?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yep. I think basically the background IS the photo icon, only the two icons before it need to have a transparent cutout to show through the background, all the icons after it are on top of the background. So I made sure the first two icons are more or less static.

and you did this by modifying the... display.plist file? Can windows users modify this as XML files? (what program, notepad, wordpad, dreamweaver?)

Would you post your display.plist file? (would that work? just copying yours to my phone)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I drag and drop the image into the tmeplate.psd it opens up in a new window...how do I get it into the template?

As you can see, Im not skilled in photshop.....yet!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast