Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: using ibrick to change themebut cant..

Default using ibrick to change themebut cant..
    hi there just wondering if any of u guys have the issue i did, i am not sure how to load the theme into my iphone is there anyone outhere could teach me step by step and what is required in order to let the themes work on my iphone..i have read some thread says that upload it by /vrar/root/library/summerboard/themes
    but seems like its not working for me ..do i miss anything ..mayb on rename or sumthing?a step after the /vrar/root/library/summerboard/themes would be good!thanks!

If you are using iBrickr, you have to add a folder in that directory called "whatever the theme name is" then go into that folder and add your wallpaper.png, and Thumbs.db files.(for the thumbs.db file, you can just copy and paste that file from another theme) After that create another folder in your theme's folder called "Icons", then go into that folder and add all of your icons. Dont forget to name your icons correctly, example: Apollo, Calculator, Camera, Clock, etc...

After that, go into your SMBPrefs and change your theme, viola!
    Last edited by Donald.Brown01; 2007-10-09 at 10:55 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donald.Brown01 For This Useful Post:

gsxr100013 (2007-12-20), josephsy (2007-10-12)

where do i find the thumb db file?can we delete the folder accidently created in using ibrick?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

use MobileFinder to delete your folder

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

josephsy (2007-10-12)

it is not possible to delete a folder using iBrickr. Only files.

If you download any summerboard theme off of this website, in the .zip or .rar file you will find the thumbs.db file.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Donald.Brown01 For This Useful Post:

josephsy (2007-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald.Brown01 View Post
    If you are using iBrickr, you have to add a folder in that directory called "whatever the theme name is" then go into that folder and add your wallpaper.png, and Thumbs.db files.(for the thumbs.db file, you can just copy and paste that file from another theme) After that create another folder in your theme's folder called "Icons", then go into that folder and add all of your icons. Dont forget to name your icons correctly, example: Apollo, Calculator, Camera, Clock, etc...

After that, go into your SMBPrefs and change your theme, viola!
    Don't think i'm flamming - BUTT - I've added PLENTY of "themes" using iBrikr, and not once have i ever added a Thumbs.db file. ALL my "themes" work great, as long as the Wallpaper.png, and the Dock.png, are in the "theme name" folder, and all the icons are in the "Icons" folder within that

first i've heard of adding a Thumbs.db file... ( you'd think if it were a necessity my themes wouldn't work. (which they DO)
    E=mc^2+/-3db

I did the same thing for a long time, just adding wallpaper, dock, and icons without the thumbs.db file. It does work fine, but I have no idea what it does, so I added it anyway, just to be on the safe side. I guess he doesn't have to add it, I was just letting him know everything that is in a usual summerboard theme.zip file. I DID, however, forget to mention the dock image, thanks...

LOL! i think i'll keep without the Thumbs file, until someone can tell me that's it's a necessity! maybe a little reasoning too!
    E=mc^2+/-3db

lol i try what u guys says but seems like doesnt work for me..hmm...i change all the file name to suit the iphone but it doesnt work still..i install it in the summerboard with crateing a folder name versace and i put all the things in but seems like it is not working still wonder what is going on..a step by step guy pls guys..

well finally got it work but the funny part is that it doesnt place the file inorder...so weird..anyone has this issue?
    Last edited by josephsy; 2007-10-10 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by josephsy View Post
    well finally got it work but the funny part is that it doesnt place the file inorder...so weird..anyone has this issue?
    Doesn't place what file in order?

I am not seeing any tumbs.db files anywhere on the themes i download!
    help please

The Thumbs file isn't needed. I have never incorporated that into any Theme I have entered into my Summerboard. AND all my themes have been placed in manually.

Reako