Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Level Icon on Springboard - How to Mod

Default Battery Level Icon on Springboard - How to Mod
    I'd like to change the color from plain white to some other color on the battery icon/symbol on the springboard.

I don't mean the large icon set when you are charging.

Anybody have experience here.

I've already changed out my signal strength, carrier, and wifi images.

Thanks

Yup they're in that same location System/Library/COreServices/Springboard.app and they're named something like batterycharged.png, batteryinsides.png, and batterycharging.png u can change the color in whatever program u use for pix.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

hamfast (2008-03-29)

Right I saw those files there. Perhaps the better question is how to see what iPhone png's look like. When I SSH them to my mac and try to open them you only see a question mark as the image.

Is there a way to see the actual image?

I believe there are ways to convert but honestly im still using windows so I wouldnt know too much about a mac, but If iphonebrowser has a mac d/l try it. That what I use to see all the images and u can save and alter them from there too. Sorry I couldnt be much more help. What color did u wanna use maybe I could help u out if push came to shove.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

hamfast (2008-03-29)

I also have XP installed . .
    Are you saying that you can see the png images from the iphone when using iphonebrowser? If so, I'll give it a try.

yea u can thats y I like it u click thru the folders and click on the png and it gives u a preview of the image u clicked that way its no confusion. I would def. reccomend it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

hamfast (2008-03-30)

I have installed iphonebrowser and it works great.

Glad to hear it!

I use WinSCP to SSH my phone, Im running XP. I cant view the files after I copy them to my pc. How can I edit them with my setup? Any ideas?

You can use fixpngWindows . Google for it and you will find some links to download.