Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All things ANEMONE (the alternative to WinterBoard)

Oh I see what you're trying to do. Real life business proposition, as opposed to "I'll give you five bucks to hide my NC grabbers" kind of stuff. I see why you'd want a good dev and posting on r/jailbreak will get a few to respond, but you'll get a swarm of less experienced ones as well. I wonder if the same would go for r/jailbreakdevelopers? I guess there's probably a lot of new devs over there trying to learn, but in that setting I think people would be more likely to be honest about their abilities. Also, might be a better place to find more veterans hanging out in one place and you'd be able to avoid unnecessary responses / questions / opinions from non-devs. At any rate, good luck! Hope it works out for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-11-05)

I really don't want to highjack this thread so this is the last post on the matter, but in all honesty something like PerPageHTML I think would be very easy to accomplish, even a few guys here with a little Objective-C knowledge (I know a tiny bit), Ras know a bit KOH probably knows a bit so why don't we newb's put our heads together & try it? It would be a good learning experience for all involved & might even start some of us developing for ourselves.
    I'm picking PerPageHTML cause 1: It would be great to get HTML back in SB (PerPage) & 2:Part of the original code was posted in PerPageHTML's first post so it's a start!

Now... where to begin? LOL.. A new thread maybe?
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-11-05 at 04:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (2015-11-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Sounds great Ian. Post it in the Tweaks section of the form. And put out your ideas. I can't imagine somebody won't take that kind of bait. And to have open source code with "some you share it with" would be fabulous. I would please ask that it offer an option for it to appear on all screens like SBHTML. I never liked PerPageHTML because I wanted my background to be the same on all pages. But I'm totally down for what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Sounds great Ian. Post it in the Tweaks section of the form. And put out your ideas. I can't imagine somebody won't take that kind of bait. And to have open source code with "some you share it with" would be fabulous. I would please ask that it offer an option for it to appear on all screens like SBHTML. I never liked PerPageHTML because I wanted my background to be the same on all pages. But I'm totally down for what you're talking about.
    I will post it.

I would like it to have the ability to choose what SB page you want the widget on, all pages would also be an option.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Mary48336 (2015-11-05), NewD (2015-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Just switched to Anemone and I've got everything working except one thing...

How do you change the icon in Settings for the News app???
    com.apple.news

Menard iOS Designs - Home

9. The Following User Says Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

Sniper488 (2015-11-05)

Ian, I hope somebody takes you up on your offer. I'd like to see PPHTML come back!

Menard iOS Designs - Home

11. The Following User Says Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-11-05)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ;7324035
    I will post it.

I would like it to have the ability to choose what SB page you want the widget on, all pages would also be an option.
    Sounds great Ian.. As long as "all pages" wouldn't have the resource drain as if it were actually a duplicate widget on each page as was the only option with PerPage back in the day if you wanted multiple instances.

This is great idea! Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

Now back to Anemone..

Livin the iPhone Life Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,489 Times in 741 Posts

I'm glad we have something that works but gawd I really dislike this kid

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1446774506.619363.jpg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (2015-11-06)

But he makes a valid point, that's been broken for a while now.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Default All things ANEMONE (the alternative to WinterBoard)
    Has nothing to do about accuracy but attitude. June has some great stuff but that's doesn't make him being a total dbag a good thing.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-11-06), Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-11-06), prosper406 (2015-11-06)

As an average user with no skills, the only way I'm able to contribute to the community (other than help other average users with their questions when possible) is to support devs by purchasing as many tweaks as possible, regardless if it's something I plan to use. Alternatively, I've reached a point where if Coolstar releases a tweak I do really want to use, I'd rather go without it than support that jerk. The way Coolstar disrespects and criticizes the work of other devs every chance he gets is absolutely appalling. The reason I'm in a thread related to a Coolstar tweak is simply that I enjoy reading the discussions from you more knowledgeable people and try to learn what I can from it. Sorry to butt in here but couldn't hold my tongue

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (2015-11-06), Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-11-06), menard_00 (2015-11-06), prosper406 (2015-11-06)

Hi,.need some help here,Does anybody know why my icons preview not showing up when i apply the themes? I try to reinstall anemone and run iCleaner but still no luck.. Thanks

Wow, I had no idea CoolStar was like this, but then again I don't Twitter of Facebook etc. Pretty Un-Cool really.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-11-06), apong (2015-11-06), Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-11-06)

Lost my last shred of respect the other day with the series of tweets that began with "Surenix has never cared about users" and ended with posting a link to a pirate repo with a version of Ayeris rigged up for Anemone compatibility. Then the old "but I don't support piracy in any way. I recommend using another theme" routine. Posting a link looks like supporting it to me. It's crazy that the theming community didn't make a huge deal out of that.
    Ok, I promise I'll stop now. Just really disgusted by the whole thing

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-11-06)

Quote Originally Posted by apong View Post
    Hi,.need some help here,Does anybody know why my icons preview not showing up when i apply the themes? I try to reinstall anemone and run iCleaner but still no luck.. Thanks
    Oh I had this once, can't remember exactly what it was but, for me, it was something in my Info.plist file.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-11-06 at 06:55 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

apong (2015-11-06)

Quote Originally Posted by ;7324272
    Oh I had this once, can't remember exactly what it was but, for me, it was something in my Info.plist file.
    Thanks,,i'll check it.. i remember editing some info.plist in theme folder but when i delete it the problem still exist.. Thanks for help..
    Last edited by apong; 2015-11-06 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apong View Post
    Thanks,,i'll check it.. i remember editing some info.plist in theme folder but when i delete it the problem still exist.. Thanks for help..
    post it here if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by ;7324276
    post it here if you like.
    Already fixed,,reset homescreen layout and everything fine now.. Thanks

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apong For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-11-06), Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-11-06)

Thanks

Like June, Coolstar is an arrogant "kid" at times. They know they're good at what they do and their products are used by thousands. Steve Jobs was a dbag to most of his even closest associates and often put down competitors with personal attacks just like CS' did with his off hand insult to Saurik in that tweet.

At least Anemone is free - so I don't have to give any $ to someone whose personality I detest. To use June products I had to pay $5 per LS.. Uggh.

So, yes, CS can be an arrogant sob.. Who just happens to have the best theming platform out there right now Let's move on....
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-11-06 at 02:37 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-11-06)

I read all day and almost never comment unless I'm trying to be helpful or feel very strongly about something, and did move on 9 hours ago after I said "I promise I'll stop now."
    That said, I do actually have a question. Does anyone have any good recommendations as to what the top couple themes are right now in terms of utilizing Anemone capabilities to their fullest potential? Thinking about giving this thing a solid try (in the past I've only given it brief "tests") and for me I've always learned best by poking around in iFile. My first guess is to look for whatever Cocoa or Frenchitouch's most recent updated themes are, but if anyone has any less obvious suggestions, please do let me know.
    Thanks!

Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast