Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All things ANEMONE (the alternative to WinterBoard)

Thanks

Finally f***ing got it!!! Geez louise!!
    @orangefreddie the whole time i thought you were asking if sbhtml was enabled and not installed. Uninstalled sbhtml and now modern docks work. Thanks Josh!
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1446141353.339593.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rjr1124 View Post
    Finally f***ing got it!!! Geez louise!!
    @orangefreddie the whole time i thought you were asking if sbhtml was enabled and not installed. Uninstalled sbhtml and now modern docks work. Thanks Josh!
    Haha... Glad you got it sorted. I had a hunch it was SBHTML... Can't disable... have to uninstall. Nice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

rjr1124 (2015-10-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KicksRocks View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why when I use a theme name for package name in the plist for icono the icono doesn't theme well like the mask won't work. Only way I have found to make it work is to put it under a different category outside of the theme. Hope that makes sense.
    As in Winterboard. 'Order' of theme elements also matters in Anemone.. Make sure any icono theme elements are ABOVE your theme icons in Anemone.. and all should work fine.. Like you can't just leave the Anemone theme choice window in alphabetical order.. if I understand the issue you're having. Icono themes need to be ABOVE icon themes whichever package they're part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenleigh View Post
    Ok, folder icons swapping images is getting annoying. My cydia folder (as they all do) will randomly change to, say finance, or entertainment. I'm not talking abut actual name of said folders that stays the same, it's the themed images that like to constantly change. Is there a fix for this I haven't heard of?
    A known bug that CoolStar (CS) is trying to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    Modern dock works for me so I'm guessing it's an issue with Elite8, but what I find weird is why is the option for ModernDock & ClassicDock not in the "Anemone" section
    You can see from the screenshots below I have Default Dock & a load of other dock options under the "Anemone" section, but the ClassicDock & ModernDock are under the Miscellaneous section. Weird.

Well I guess it's still under development.
    Anemone uses the package name associated with the Cydia .deb package you download to determine where to sort things to. If you download Classic and Modern dock from Package in Cydia.. They'll be out of the Miscellaneous folder and in their own.. And you can really sort any elements you want under any heading.. CoolStar's made it easy to make 'packages' with a simple plist entry. NOW.. one day soon he told several he'll implement the 'real' "category" method for sorting all iconos, badges, etc.. into one heading.. But in the mean time you can use the 'cheater's' method by what he's already implemented in the PackageName key...

Relevant excerpt from GitHub..

Theme Categorization

Theme categorization is an essential part of the Anemone experience and turns a "boring list of themes" into one that is organized. Categorization also enables other Anemone features like inline icon previews and one tap theme enabling/disabling.

Categorization Methods
    Anemone can categorize themes by the package they come from or the category of theme (coming in a later version). For now, it can only categorize by package but we encourage themes to add the relevant plist entry so when categorization by categories rolls out, they won't be stashed into "Miscellaneous" in that mode.

Categorization by Package
    Anemone categorizes by package using a 3 step method.

• First checks the Info.plist of each theme for "PackageName". If this is found, the theme is immediately categorized under that name and no further checks are done.
    • Then checks dpkg for the package that the theme was installed from using dpkg/iMods/Cydia. If this is found, the package ID is noted and the name is pulled from the package.
    • If unable to categorize - mark as Miscellaneous
    Example syntax to be added to any Info.plist or in a single plist with only this info and the Info.plist normal headers.

Code:
     <key>PackageName</key>
      <string>ANY_NAME_HERE</string>
    Disclaimer--- CS said that once he's turned on the real Categories Method.. using this 'cheater's method' will really screw up what you did by using the cheat method... No harm to your phone.. But all the plist entries for package will need to be removed at that time.. But I just couldn't wait..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-10-29 at 09:25 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-10-29), Ravenleigh (2015-10-29)

Thanks

So if you want a particular theme element to appear under a main theme.. You need that theme's category package name from the dkpg folder CS mentions in the excerpt I mention in last post.. Though it's easiest by going to cydia and looking up a theme and going ALL the way to the bottom of that main theme's page in Cydia.. and look for a name that looks like.. com.modmyi.sublimity8..

So if you have an icono you think looks great with Sublimity and currently it's in your Miscellaneous folder.. You can get it to group with Sublimity 8 by placing this entry in an info.plist in the Sublimity8 theme. Not a SECOND Info.plist.. but a simple 2 line entry in the existing plist unless it has none..

Code:
    <key>PackageName</key>
    <string>com.modmyi.sublimity8</string>
    Then that icono will be sorted under the Sublimity 8 theme..

WORD TO THE WISE!!!
    If you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I JUST SAID - and are TERRIBLY CONFUSED.. then you SHOULD NOT be trying this yourself.. And don't ask me to do it for you either.. as I just don't have the time... .. Nothing personal..

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-10-31), KicksRocks (2015-10-29), King_O_Hill (2015-10-29), MrsReval (2015-10-31), Pibe77 (2015-10-30), SelfX (2015-10-29)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    So if you want a particular theme element to appear under a main theme.. You need that theme's category package name from the dkpg folder CS mentions in the excerpt I mention in last post.. Though it's easiest by going to cydia and looking up a theme and going ALL the way to the bottom of that main theme's page in Cydia.. and look for a name that looks like.. com.modmyi.sublimity8..

So if you have an icono you think looks great with Sublimity and currently it's in your Miscellaneous folder.. You can get it to group with Sublimity 8 by placing this entry in an info.plist in the Sublimity8 theme. Not a SECOND Info.plist.. but a simple 2 line entry in the existing plist unless it has none..

Code:
    <key>PackageName</key>

WORD TO THE WISE!!!
    If you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I JUST SAID - and are TERRIBLY CONFUSED.. then you SHOULD NOT be trying this yourself.. And don't ask me to do it for you either.. as I just don't have the time... .. Nothing personal..
    Ah ha! That's the answer I was looking for. I was creating a second plist for each element of the theme and just using the same package name. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KicksRocks For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-10-29)

Ah, ok, now I got it. Thanks Grant.

So for now I will do this, all my themes have this in an Info.plist file: (I only got one theme & it's the best theme in the world ) You can already use whatever name you like: Themes, IconThemes, Badges etc.. I chose "Themes".
    Code:
    <key>PackageName</key>
    <string>Themes</string>

And all stuff I want in the "Anemone" section I add this in the Info.plist file:
    Code:
    <key>PackageName</key>
    <string>com.anemonetheming.anemone</string>

Works for me, all the docks are back in the Anemone section, I don't use any of them as all the options are added to my themes Info.plist, all I do is activate my theme and the dock & dock reflections are already there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0081.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-10-29 at 11:18 PM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (2015-10-30), Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-10-31), King_O_Hill (2015-10-29), MrsReval (2015-10-31), Pibe77 (2015-10-30)

WORD TO THE WISE!!!
    Awe, the post was good till you added this bit, nobody want's you to do it for them, they just want to know how to do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -c455e9899e902806682db7a30eccea34.gif  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-10-29 at 11:08 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

orangefreddie (2015-10-29)

Thanks

Default All things ANEMONE (the alternative to WinterBoard)
    Quote Originally Posted by ;7321487
    Awe, the post was good till you added this bit, nobody want's you to do it for them, they just want to know how to do it.
    Lol!! You don't see my inbox, bro! Lol!

Glad it worked for you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-10-29)

Lol!! You don't see my inbox, bro! Lol!
    Glad it worked for you!
    Can you imagine what CoolStars inbox must look like, Theos isn't working correctly in IOS9 cause Perl needs an update (updated today but still has issues) plus Anemone!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

Code:
    <key>PackageName</key>

WORD TO THE WISE!!!
    Thanks NewD, worked fine
    I would have just a question, for you or anyone else:
    What's appen if i mod plist for myself categorization for E.G. icono that has already categorized from Cydia installation when/if this one icono will be updated?

Inviato a vapore dal mio iPhone

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pibe77 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-10-31), NewD (2015-10-31)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey there. I am having trouble trying to enable a cc theme that I have working with winterboard. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Do I need to add an Info.plist file to everything I add with anemone. I am anemone noob.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Hey there. I am having trouble trying to enable a cc theme that I have working with winterboard. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Do I need to add an Info.plist file to everything I add with anemone. I am anemone noob.
    What's a "cc"?

Quote Originally Posted by ;7321498
    Can you imagine what CoolStars inbox must look like, Theos isn't working correctly in IOS9 cause Perl needs an update (updated today but still has issues) plus Anemone!
    Hey bro were did you add that mask to get your folders and all the icons round as i have an round icono and i want to add that mask for it so all the icons to be round

What's a "cc"?
    Control Center?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RushNY For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    Hey bro were did you add that mask to get your folders and all the icons round as i have an round icono and i want to add that mask for it so all the icons to be round
    I think it's easier just to give you my theme, you will see quickly where everything is.

If anybody else is going to grab this, keep in mind I did this just for myself, I only have iPH5 so all icons are only 120px x 120px (@2x), this won't work with the bigger devices (@3x).
    Attached Files Attached Files

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-11-01), MrsReval (2015-10-31), orangefreddie (2015-10-31)

I think it's easier just to give you my theme, you will see quickly where everything is.

If anybody else is going to grab this, keep in mind I did this just for myself, I only have iPH5 so all icons are only 120px x 120px (@2x), this won't work with the bigger devices (@3x).
    thank you bro

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-10-31)

thank you bro
    Mainly you just want to look in the "AnemoneEffects" folder & "Bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework".

30. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

orangefreddie (2015-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by ;7322237
    Mainly you just want to look in the "AnemoneEffects" folder & "Bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework".
    Yes see how you add the mask and what name have as i try today an round icono and the mask woukdn't work even if i place it on top of all

Yes see how you add the mask and what name have as i try today an round icono and the mask woukdn't work even if i place it on top of all
    Not sure what phone you have but you can check the correct name of the AppIconMask on your phone in "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/"AppIconMaskFileName?"

The name I have is just for my iph5, if your theming for release I guess you need all the names with multiple images in the correct sizes.

Here is a list of the file names for all devices, sorry I don't know all the sizes of them all. (but I think you already know this).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2015-10-31-10.47.56-pm.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-10-31 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ;7322252
    Not sure what phone you have but you can check the correct name of the AppIconMask on your phone in "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/"AppIconMaskFileName?"

The name I have is just for my iph5, if your theming for release I guess you need all the names with multiple images in the correct sizes.
    Yes i know that mask i have it but not sure why didn't work when i try it as i have all ok will check it later see what is wrong there thanks bro for the share i tough was some new mask name that i should add

Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast