Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All things ANEMONE (the alternative to WinterBoard)

There is a version of ClassicDock without the Anemone dependency on Coolstar's repo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-10-11)

Thanks

why can't I get my calendar date to theme . day themed . clock themes .clock hands theme. badges theme , everything themes from plist. TIA, Ron.

Thanks

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1444699390.701564.jpg

the info is here.
    direct links to Calendar Icon, Clock Icon and Badges
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

abbdc1 (2015-11-26), Alfroggy (2015-10-13), King_O_Hill (2015-10-13), Nykoscn (2015-10-13)

Thanks

I followed the info , I can get everything to work except calendar date

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rawpaak For This Useful Post:

dsg (2015-10-13)

pm me your Info.plist

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2015-10-13), King_O_Hill (2015-10-13), Mary48336 (2015-10-13), NewD (2015-10-13), Nykoscn (2015-10-13)

Does anyone know why, when I edit a badge plist to change the text color to black my phone goes into constant safe mode. When it's ffffff the phone acts normal?
    Here is a link to my public folder where you will find iWidgets/Lockscreen Widgets/and misc. things I have created
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mwr4pbu5i...4gxv1RjBa?dl=0

Are you using the hash? Probably a bug that needs a fix

When I spell out black rather than the hex code no, but I have added it both ways. Just curious, but I am using a plist in my theme then a plist in the badge theme, could I just try to add that string to the main plist? Also could the plist asking for black font with the badges and the other plist with my theme asking for white text for calendar date be the issue? Do they have to be the same?
    Here is a link to my public folder where you will find iWidgets/Lockscreen Widgets/and misc. things I have created
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mwr4pbu5i...4gxv1RjBa?dl=0

Anemone working great for me on iOS9
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1444954085.365650.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pois0nDF View Post
    When I spell out black rather than the hex code no, but I have added it both ways. Just curious, but I am using a plist in my theme then a plist in the badge theme, could I just try to add that string to the main plist? Also could the plist asking for black font with the badges and the other plist with my theme asking for white text for calendar date be the issue? Do they have to be the same?
    I wouldn't think they would have to be the same.

you can merge the Info.plist no problem, not sure whats causing the issue though; I'll get round to testing it tomorrow

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2015-10-17), Nykoscn (2015-10-16), Pois0nDF (2015-10-16)

The text color of my badge ist white and the calendar date color ist black. I've added the entry for the badge to the info.plist of my main theme.

My info.plist

-info.plist.png

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsReval For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-10-16), Nykoscn (2015-10-16), Pois0nDF (2015-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrsReval View Post
    The text color of my badge ist white and the calendar date color ist black. I've added the entry for the badge to the info.plist of my main theme.

My info.plist

-info.plist.png
    I love anemone but it could be a little more user friendly. I wish we could just adjust the theme plist. As far as color ,size,font.Not have to write a Plist. We all don't have this talent.The more user friendly , The more people jail breaking . Creating a stronger community .

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rawpaak For This Useful Post:

MrsReval (2015-10-16)

I'm confused as to why you can't edit a plist?

It's no different that WB when you want to make a change. Just some of the elements are labeled differently.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-10-16), abbdc1 (2015-11-26), Fr3shJ1v3 (2015-10-31)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm confused as to why you can't edit a plist?

It's no different that WB when you want to make a change. Just some of the elements are labeled differently.
    In fairness - the syntax CoolStar uses to add borders and shading is an entirely different syntax than Saurik uses. The terms in there are not self explanatory. Much more dev friendly than user friendly. Only when I had a 'model' plist for Anemone could I learn. Even then - not even the px sizes for fonts map identically to the WB syntax. In other words it's an entire relearn. So it's nowhere near as simple as you're making sound as a vet, bro. At least not for the user. To EDIT a plist.. is simple. To know what to change the VALUES to - is the 'Greek' to most users.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Poolman1 (2015-10-17)

agreed thats why I asked CoolStar for the keys and Values; with no response. it doesn't bode well for long term support imo

27. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2015-10-17)

I have to admit that I've spent many hours looking through many sites, forums and threads to figure out how to edit an existing info.plist without actually knowing what I do. At the beginning I failed many times, but now I unstand how to change some of the values.
    IMO Anemone isn't very userfriendly for the 'normal' people because of the missing explanations on their GitHub. If someone doesn't want to settle for a specific theme and they would rather put some individuality in, they will need a tutorial.

That applies particularly to the clock, calendar and folder icons.
    Last edited by MrsReval; 2015-10-16 at 07:50 PM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsReval For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2015-10-17), rawpaak (2015-10-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    agreed thats why I asked CoolStar for the keys and Values; with no response. it doesn't bode well for long term support imo
    Yes. This would be enormously helpful. And I believe he will eventually provide something. But to be fair - comparing 1:1, Saurik has never shared any example files for info.plist stuff in WB either. You just had to learn from looking at someone else's example file. That's what we have to do here too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsReval View Post
    IMO Anemone isn't very user-friendly for the 'normal' people because of the missing explanations on their GitHub. If someone doesn't want to settle for a specific theme and they would rather put some individuality in, they will need a tutorial.

That applies particularly to the clock, calendar and folder icons.
    Well - we want to be careful we don't want to overstate.. Anemone's GREAT ADVANTAGE is that it's WAY more user-friendly in many basic ways. The theme choice window being its greatest achievement and very 'idiot proof'. Anyone can learn how to use it - just by looking at it. Combining MANY tweaks into ONE.. is also fabulous for the user. It's really only the PLIST new syntax and certain new folder places that differ from WB that are not as user-friendly. The good news is that many theme creators, like Cocco28 and Blue and Chevymusclecar are climbing on board to support both formats into at least the near future. Unless Saurik makes some significant upgrades to WB - I believe Anemone will win the day in iOS9 and beyond. So let's keeping watching and learning.

The GitHub explanations are pretty much all encompassing and there IS an example file of the PLIST syntax there.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-10-16)

Oh, I didn't mean Anemone is bad. I really like Anemone and love to 'play' with MS Word and ifile. I've uninstalled Winterboard some weeks ago.

But for the GitHub explanations:
    The .plist examples aren't that much helpful because nowhere is mentioned that i.e. one has to leave the strings for the Style(s) in the .plist and to add the Settings.
    Since the last two updates of Anemone I'm not able to get my folder icons working anymore and I don't find any comment for that.

Maybe I'm missing something or my English isn't that good but I'm curious about Anemones (and my) progresses and I love to learn new things.

I

33. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsReval For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-10-17)

Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast