Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theming With Transparent Icons?

Vancouver Island, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Default Theming With Transparent Icons?
    I am attempting to design a theme with minimalistic icons. I've seen it done before.
    My question is - Is there a way to make icons with transparent backgrounds???? When I make a simple icon with a transparent background, all transparent space is filled with black?

They way I was doing it was just making icons with white backgrounds... but that is very limiting of course if you wanted to have a picture for a background!

ALSO.. my icons with a white background have a very slim black boarder on all 4 sides.... WHY? PLEASE HELP

Am I just a super no0b or how does this work I swear I have accomplished this before?

Thanks

INSTANT UPDATE ^^^ I realized the 'black border' I was referring to had something to do with the stock app icon mask overlay... I swapped it out with one of my own (bigger, more square) and it fixed it. That solves half my problem ha ha

All I know is the fact that Automask needs to be done transparent, in certain way that iOS recognise it as original. After that you can use glyphs and all of that.
    Look at themers, they use their own Automask in themes to have their desired shape for their icons.

Thanks

Yeah I figured it out. I just applied my own custom icon mask.