Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change individual app tones?

Default How to change individual app tones?
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...

I can't find how to add/change custom notifications to apps from the app store. I'm not looking to use the built in settings app to change tones for applications that have that setting (I actually haven't even found any apps that use this system). Has anyone had any experience using winterboard or ifile to do this?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentrikit View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...

I can't find how to add/change custom notifications to apps from the app store. I'm not looking to use the built in settings app to change tones for applications that have that setting (I actually haven't even found any apps that use this system). Has anyone had any experience using winterboard or ifile to do this?
    I'm confused what you're asking...sorry.

Ok so the iPhone has some stock applications that allow you to change the notification sound for example under Settings > Notifications > Reminders > Notification Sound. I haven't seen any third party applications that use this feature (not sure if its locked to stock apps only)

I want to change the notification tones of third party apps such as Inbox by Google, it's an Email application. How can this be achieved? Either through Winterboard, or just going into the file system to change a file.