Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Mini themes not working. What am I not doing?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPad Mini themes not working. What am I not doing?
    Hello,

I used to be in the theming world back during iOS4-iOS5 era, but have been away from iProducts till now. Just got an iPad Mini and jailbroke it and am trying to activate a theme meant for iOS7 on winterboard but apart from Cydia, no other icons are changing. No wallpaper, no icons, no lockscreen, nothing. I deleted the icon cache folder, but obviously didnt help. What has changed in iOS7 and how can I get themes to work?
    I thank you all in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 2,161 Posts

Firstly is the theme built for iOS7? Or is it iOS6 theme? If iOS6 theme that will require a lot of work updating. Almost everything has changed from iOS6 to iOS7.

If iOS6 theme that will be at SD resolution & not Retina so further potential issues....
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It is updated for iOS 7.

Thanks

U might need to ask the Dev via emailing thru Cydia. OR go thru & compare the themed images to your own directories & images & mod. That's about it really.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    U might need to ask the Dev via emailing thru Cydia. OR go thru & compare the themed images to your own directories & images & mod. That's about it really.
    Do you happen to have an idea what those folders might be on my iPad? There used to a be a folder titled 'Icons' in the earlier themes that conveniently stored all the icons from that theme. But that doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

Also, are you saying I may have to modify each icon myself by going to the respective application bundle? That'd take like forever and if I have to do that, why would I pay money and buy a theme that is advertised as 'iOS7 ready'??

I am just trying to understand how it works now with iOS7 because it looks like a waste of money buying a theme from Cydia now, if what you say is the only answer to my question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Niks2481 View Post
    Do you happen to have an idea what those folders might be on my iPad? There used to a be a folder titled 'Icons' in the earlier themes that conveniently stored all the icons from that theme. But that doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

Also, are you saying I may have to modify each icon myself by going to the respective application bundle? That'd take like forever and if I have to do that, why would I pay money and buy a theme that is advertised as 'iOS7 ready'??

I am just trying to understand how it works now with iOS7 because it looks like a waste of money buying a theme from Cydia now, if what you say is the only answer to my question.
    What theme is it? It might for iOS7 but is it for iPad mini or iPad mini retina or iPhone?

That was the SummerBoard approach. It's not really done like that now.

Folders (of each app) or Bundles (of each app) are mainly how it's done.

I would be emailing the Theme creator. It is their responsibility for the theme to work as intended.

Failing that then yes you will need to go thru the iPad mini's directory check bundle ID's & icon names against what the theme has.

You can locate the them here

/var/stash/Themes.XXXxXx

Most of the themes folders will be based of the apps in

var/stash/Applications.xXxxxX

You will need to go into each app & find the icons & potentially the Bundle ID.

There are some really good themes out for iOS7 so it's finding the good ones. If its a paid theme the theme creator should have no issues helping you.