Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Icons don't change (Winterboard)

Default Some Icons don't change (Winterboard)
    Hallo guys,
    I'm working on a Winterboard theme, and have a problem with some app icons not working.
    It's about the reeder 2, ProCamera7 and Clear (the iPhone only version). I looked up the bundle identifier in the plist file of the apps, so the fail must be the icon name. I tried really every possible name, "AppIcon-120", "[email protected]", "icon_iphone", "[email protected]", "[email protected]~iphone", and "[email protected]". Nothing worked.
    Maybe you have an idea or know how these icons have to be named.
    Thanks.

I solved the problem, the tweak Icon Thief helped me. But now I have another problem, my calendar icon doesn't change.

Edit: I'm so sorry, i named the icon wrong
    Last edited by Alex1234567; 2014-02-01 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234567 View Post
    I solved the problem, the tweak Icon Thief helped me.
    That's good you fixed your problem! However, you shouldn't rely on Icon Thief - it hasn't been updated for iOS 7 so it omits many of the icons. I talked to the author and he's interested in updating Icon Thief, but life is busy for him at the moment

Also, you should probably check the info.plist for the icon names - sometimes they break convention, like the Target app icons being named [email protected]*, or sometimes just [email protected], etc.

j.

*Not the actual name, just an example

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (2014-02-04)