Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    Well I was able to use it to pinpoint the source of the crash 99% of the time and have a crash free device. Which is what I'm sure most people are looking for. It's certainly more useful than simply telling others that you experience no crashes with cydget and bitesms... How does that help him more than symbolicating crash reports which tell you exactly the tweak that crashed?
    I hear you, Pioneer.. The problem is if symbolicate tells him Springboard crashed or Cydget crashed - that doesn't tell him the whole story. What he wants is both Cydgets and biteSMS. If on even ONE phone - they experience zero crashes with those two tweaks - (like my phone) then HE can ALSO experience those two tweaks living crash free. Symbolicate will only tell him biteSMS or Cydgets or Springboard crashed.. What's his next move? Uninstall Cydgets and assume that it causes crashes? No. That's not the answer.. The answer is a long hard process of turning off all mobile substrates and then add them back one by one in different combinations until you find the combo of tweaks that causes the crashing. That's how real trouble shooting is done.

If he turns off all tweaks but Cydgets and biteSMS' 4 mobile substrates. He will NOT experience crashes. Unless his phone has some corrupt prefs files somewhere.. Then he'd have to find them and get rid of them.

I'm not saying symbolicate isn't PART of the discovery process. I'm just saying the way it's explained on Reddit is a big oversimplification. The symbolicate process rarely gets at the "cause" of the crashing. That was the only point I was trying to make.. Cydgets is not a crash prone tweak. Neither is biteSMS after the last 3 or 4 updates.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-03-13 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I use both Cydgets and biteSMS on 5S/7.0.6 all day/every day with zero crashes. It's some other tweak causing your issue, Freakdog.
    Your luck is better than mine. Nonetheless, the BiteSMS FAQ lists Cydget as a tweak with which BiteSMS is known to have issues. I can tell you, however, that I had multiple crashes this morning, but haven't had a single crash since having disabled it using iCleaner Pro's substrate section.

Are you using your Apple passcode lock? Because THAT has been identified as something causing crashes with lock screen animation.
    I am not. Haven't had a passcode enabled on my phone in 3-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    Try this to narrow down the exact tweak that's been causing the crashes.

Tutorial: How to Figure Out What's Causing Your Device to Crash : jailbreak
    I have Crash Reporter installed, and have made frequent use of it.

In all fairness, JellyLock is also listed, thought I had that disabled...I'm removing it, completely, and I'll re-enable Cydget and see what happens.

I've been through all of my other tweaks...<shrug>
    Last edited by Freakdog; 2014-03-13 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdog View Post
    Your luck is better than mine. Nonetheless, the BiteSMS FAQ lists Cydget as a tweak with which BiteSMS is known to have issues.
    That part of their FAQ's remains from the earliest days of the jailbreak - even before Saurik fixed one aspect of Cydgets that was an issue very early on. biteSMS also had a lot of 'crashing on reboot' or after answering a phone call. Heck - all the tweaks were a mess there at the beginning. Then people were still having crashing with ANY level of animation in a lockscreen even in Cydgets - prior to them doing a full restore after Saurik fixed Winterboard.. After that time - if you did a full restore anywhere after Saurik fixed Winterboard in early mid January - from that point out - high animation on Lockscreens was a non issue. Though biteSMS didn't clear up its crashing on the receipt of a phone call and on rebooting your phone (bamm - safe mode) - until about mid February - since that time - Cydgets and biteSMS have been functioning crashless for the vast majority of us. In fact you're only the fourth person that's reported crashing with Cydgets at all - and believe me - I'm in a LOT of threads. LOL!!!..

I'm telling you -- if you want proof positive, Freakdog.. Go back into iCleaner Pro's mobile substrate section and turn off every switch - but:
    1)Mobile Safety
    2)Icon Support (if you have it)
    3)libhide (if you have it)
    4) the 3 or 4 for biteSMS
    5) Cydget Loader

Restart -- and check out your phone over the next couple of hours. I seriously doubt you'll have crashes.

If you DO.. Then in iCleaner Pro - under the Plus Sign (+) at bottom left -- same window where you see Mobile Substrates.. open up the window called: Preference Files.. And in there delete Cydget and biteSMS and reboot your phone. You'll have to choose your favorite Lockscreen in Cydget again.. And maybe readd your theme for biteSMS... But then check and see if you have any crashing. At that point if you do.. Then you have a file corruption deep in your phone that can only be cleared with a restore - which you CAN'T DO NOW - since 7.1 isn't jailbreakable.. So you'd have to live without bite or Cydgets to stop the crashing at that point...

IF however - you do NOT have crashing with just those MobileSubstrates running and after clearing those two preference files -- then you have the tedious job of adding back the other Mobile Substrates one by one and testing over a couple of hours - until the crashing returns. When it does.. You know that the very last Mobile Substrate you added in - is the one causing the conflict between Cydgets and biteSMS for you. THAT's the TRUE cause of the crashing. Then at that point you have to hope one of the developers from the three tweaks will all agree to work together to get a resolve.

That is the real process for finding problems - and that the symbolicate method rarely can get to the bottom of in my experience. I am 100% crash free since early mid February running many of the common tweaks we all use. If I can be crash free with Cydgets and biteSMS- so can you. Luck has nothing to do with it.

My tweaks..

I think I may have finally found my culprit tweak that was causing my BiteSMS related crashes...I think it may have been CallBar. I disabled it via iCleaner Pro's Mobile Substrate toggle feature, and I've been crash and unexpected respring free, so far.

So, now, the only issue I still have is the inability to toggle past the Away View when turning the screen on w/audio playback active.

Thanks

I think I may have finally found my culprit tweak that was causing my BiteSMS related crashes...I think it may have been CallBar. I disabled it via iCleaner Pro's Mobile Substrate toggle feature, and I've been crash and unexpected respring free, so far.
    EXCELLENT WORK, Freakdog!! Thanks for taking the time to do the 'hard labor' in finding the problem. I know I've spent 'days' sometimes testing to find combinations of tweaks causing issues. But it's the only way to get back to stability. I knew it wasn't Cydgets or biteSMS that were the 'cause'. CallBar was the cause. And you're not the first to find out that that tweak was causing issues. I don't use it - but I've read about others having issues with it.
    So, now, the only issue I still have is the inability to toggle past the Away View when turning the screen on w/audio playback active.
    If I'm remembering correctly this is a 'known' current issues with Cydgets. I'm not 100% sure - since I never use my phone to play music. But if it's a bug/limitation - I'm sure it's on Saurik's list.

Sadly, I appear to have been mistaken...it took a lot longer to happen, but this morning at 0-dark-early, after a slew of incoming SMS messages from work, BOOM! Safe mode.

So, I'm back to having disabled every tweak that may interact w/the lockscreen except for Bite, Lock Screen Tool and Cydget...even a Winterboard theme that only adjusted the status bar.

We'll see how it goes for a while and start bringing things back into play again. 😭😪😥

Try disabling LockScreen Tool it may be your problem or bite

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

Freakdog (2014-03-17), King_O_Hill (2014-03-16)

Unfortunately, disabling Bite won't solve it, as I'm trying to figure out what is negatively interacting w/Bite to cause the crashes.

Others have already noted to me that they're using LockScreen Tool w/Bite and not having any problems, as well.

I've spent the better part of the day having disabled a ton of tweaks and slowly re-enabling them. I've got two left to re-enable, but I believe that I've finally narrowed it down to iCallAnnounce...so far, the only crashes I've had have been with that tweak enabled. Even with CallBar enabled, it's been fine...that'll teach me to jump to happy conclusions.

Methodology has been to enable one tweak at a time, then using a looping script from one of my linux systems, blast 50 or so SMS messages out to my phone. So far, when iCallAnnounce was enabled, I crashed to safe mode once while receiving the messages and a second time while deleting those messages from within BiteSMS. After disabling iCA again, I haven't crashed or had an unplanned respring with any other tweak enabled, after.

Sorry to take up so much space in this forum with this thread...once I've confirmed that none of my other tweaks and such appear to be the issue, please feel free to delete this part of the discussion if it helps keep things focused on Cydget/Cycrypt.
    Last edited by Freakdog; 2014-03-17 at 02:10 AM.

Thanks

You're doing excellent work, Freakdog! Don't apologize. It is indeed no monotonous work over many hours. But it IS possible to get to the bottom of the crashing issues. It's just not as easy as a symbolicate report. Glad you're getting more stable!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Convergance will be able to run cydgets. How cool is that and it doesn't have the jerkiness like cydget does when loading the widget. This is Junes ConceptLS running with Convergance.

I don't know how it will handle Junes more complicated cydgets like Lockbuilder. Would be interested to see how it handles that.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-03-17 at 01:20 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-03-17), King_O_Hill (2014-03-17)

Too bad we don't have a copy to test it.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-03-17)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You're doing excellent work, Freakdog! Don't apologize. It is indeed no monotonous work over many hours. But it IS possible to get to the bottom of the crashing issues. It's just not as easy as a symbolicate report. Glad you're getting more stable!!
    Thanks...when all was said and done, I've been crash free since finishing my testing/investigation.

I won't declare it a complete success until I've gone a few days, at least, but I'm pretty confident that I've finally identified and removed the culprit.

I've got 5 crash reports that I'm going to send the author.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Freakdog For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks...when all was said and done, I've been crash free since finishing my testing/investigation.

I won't declare it a complete success until I've gone a few days, at least, but I'm pretty confident that I've finally identified and removed the culprit.

I've got 5 crash reports that I'm going to send the author.
    Excellent !! I hate to sound like a tech geek - but I love when the "real culprit" is discovered. I agree - at least a couple days more to be very sure..

Lockbuilder is in cydia, easy enough to get get a copy
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Lockbuilder is in cydia, easy enough to get get a copy
    It's gone thru many updates from what the thread said.. But how come I don't get those updates thru Cydia? Is that because I was a donator before official release?

I you donated before cydia release send June an email with proof and cydia number
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Too bad we don't have a copy to test it.
    The creator asked me for a copy to test, which I gladly sent him a copy. Seems all is well.

ImageUploadedByModMyi1395046336.823482.jpg
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-03-17 at 10:59 AM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-03-17), Krima (2014-03-17), RKO1195 (2014-03-17)

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    The creator asked me for a copy to test, which I gladly sent him a copy. Seems all is well.
    Awesome, thanks June.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

27. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Sounds good. Matt told us that u did, very nice of u June. I love Convergance so if it can run all cydgets well then that would be amazing.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast