Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

It's fine NewD, it's not a big deal. I'm over all this silliness. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It's fine NewD, it's not a big deal. I'm over all this silliness. Thanks.
    Though it seemed like silliness.. one very important things was teased out of the 'interchange' -- that it's ONLY a problem when people are using biteSMS. The 'blank lockscreen' after a Quick message comes in is just a pain.. But now we know it's NOT a Cydgets thing. It's a biteSMS thing. That was very important to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Though it seemed like silliness.. one very important things was teased out of the 'interchange' -- that it's ONLY a problem when people are using biteSMS. The 'blank lockscreen' after a Quick message comes in is just a pain.. But now we know it's NOT a Cydgets thing. It's a biteSMS thing. That was very important to learn.
    Incorrect. I've NEVER had BiteSMS installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Incorrect. I've NEVER had BiteSMS installed.
    How would you ever experience the dark blurred lockscreen without a biteSMS text coming in over top of it? How do 'you' experience the 'cydget glitch', MJ?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

FYI MMi has never been a place where we are strict about enforcing things like on/off topic. Kyle has always been one more of the philosophy see a question, answer it if you can. Things like "this should or should not be in a thread" just doesn't matter a whole lot, trying to enforce these things tends to take the topic even more off track then it was as well as not getting the question answered, not to mention causing issues between members. The one exception to this is news threads, Kyle/Cody like those to be handled in a more strict fashion with regard to these things and other rules.

Summary, we like to be chill here. See a question, wanna answer it, then answer it, don't want to answer it then don't. No big deal. Leave the moderating to the moderators.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-02-20), Krima (2014-02-17), The_Durben (2014-02-17)

The cydget update is pretty good. You guys should check the changelog and reddit link on the package in Cydia
    Handles similarly in way people were asking for which is pretty cool.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-02-20), Krima (2014-02-18), Simon (2014-02-18)

Thanks

Yeah Durben I saw the update. The remember position is great. Maybe Saurik is listening which is really cool. Testing it for the 12th time. So far so good.

I may be wrong but it sounded like he is encouraged by the recent surge of interest in his product. Hopefully he will continue to improve it. I'm curious as to what else would y'all want to see in it. MJ, you work a lot with Cydgets, what would u like added?
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-18 at 01:32 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-02-20), Simon (2014-02-18), The_Durben (2014-02-18)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-02-18)

Thanks

Very cool update. Like the notification view. Looks like the touch only works above the notification area though, even when a notification isn't there. And the animation seems to stutter when a notification is present. I still haven't figured out how to keep the default clock viewable without moving the HTML to the background layer (and losing touch completely).

ImageUploadedByModMyi1392727201.001743.jpg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-02-18)

Thanks

Dammit, not an hour in and a safe mode crash. Will try to reproduce.

Another one. Sent Saurik a crash report.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-18 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks

I'm experiencing the same 'concerns' as Simon. Though I'm glad we don't HAVE to have LockHTML3 installed to get touch functionality over whole screen on HomePage layer (interesting that 'that' explains why some of us had touch whole screen and others not).

Still need LH3 installed if we want the LockScreen to return and not stay dimmed after a notification. That needs to be upgraded IMHO.

And I also like that it remembers which Lockscreen you were on when you come back to it. It doesn't jump to next one the next time you unlock phone.

Still no crashing. Never had any after my restore. Perfectly stable tweak for me for over 6 weeks. Sorry, Krima. What a mystery. I'd LOVE to know the answer.

Some Lockscreens still take a LONG time to appear.. and then don't fade in - they 'snap in'. Prefer LH3's implementation of that.

But very much appreciated Jay's work!

Thanks

It's not a big deal. I'm glad Saurik has been working on it. I sent him my crash logs so we will see. I think I'm done with this tweak. It just isn't working well on my device and LockHTML is still much better in how it handles notifications and I love how the screen fades in and out with it too. Cydget jerks in and out sometimes but I'm glad it's getting better.

Thanks

Dammit, not an hour in and a safe mode crash. Will try to reproduce.

Another one. Sent Saurik a crash report.
    Same here, had 2 since the update and enabling cydgets. Nothing in my crash reports about them though which is odd.

Still need LH3 installed if we want the LockScreen to return and not stay dimmed after a notification. That needs to be upgraded IMHO.
    Look at my screen shot, notification is up and screen isn't dimmed. Just have to put a line in the info.plist declaring NotificationList to YES.

Thanks

I know June has suggested to turn off each tweak one by one but I run pretty light. All the tweaks I have I really want. LockHTML doesn't conflict with any of my tweaks and if Cydgets does then I just can't use it. But I will always keep an eye out for updates and try again when things change.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-18 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Look at my screen shot, notification is up and screen isn't dimmed. Just have to put a line in the info.plist declaring NotificationList to YES.
    I thought that was only a fix for June's individual themes. Do I have to add it to each LS?

I know June has suggested to turn off each tweak one by one but I run pretty light. All the tweaks I have I really want. LockHTML doesn't conflict with any of my tweaks and if Cydgets does then I just can't use it. But I will always keep and eye out for updates and try again when things change.
    Im the same. I have all the tweaks I want. So I'd give up Cydgets in a heartbeat.. If it crashed.

I'd still love to know what your conflict is.. ..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-18 at 08:07 PM.

Read the cydget changelog/ accompanying posts on reddit
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Read the cydget changelog/ accompanying posts on reddit
    Haven't figured out how to become a member of Reddit yet and really don't want to join another forum. I was hoping someone had a link or just knew the details..

Hi everyone! Trying to understand these post-update issue reports/questions:

Looks like the touch only works above the notification area though, even when a notification isn't there.
    Can other people reproduce this? (Or can you give me an example of a specific theme and what to do to reproduce this?)

And the animation seems to stutter when a notification is present.
    This may be just a limitation in iOS - it has a bunch of complex rendering going on for notifications. Maybe there's some kind of HTML hardware acceleration you could enable? (Googling "iOS HTML hardware acceleration" leads to some people talking about this - could be interesting to try.)

I still haven't figured out how to keep the default clock viewable without moving the HTML to the background layer (and losing touch completely).
    Cydget doesn't support keeping the default clock on the top layer... Also, it seems like a default clock + custom foreground layer wouldn't leave a lot of room for customizing?

Can you explain a little more about what you mean by "not stay dimmed after a notification"? What's the set of actions you're taking here? Looking at the lock screen after clearing notifications using notification center from the lock screen (instead of unlocking)?

Thanks!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-02-19)

Haven't figured out how to become a member of Reddit yet and really don't want to join another forum. I was hoping someone had a link or just knew the details..
    You don't have to become a member. Read changelog in cydia and press the options to get more info

Oh and touch on every pixel of the screen works for

Brittag this is completely off topic but do you know or could you ask Saurik if there is anyway to open safari whilst in Cydia via a link in depiction please. Thank you
    Last edited by GUNNY29; 2014-02-18 at 11:33 PM.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    Can other people reproduce this? (Or can you give me an example of a specific theme and what to do to reproduce this?)
    This only happens when I added this to the info.plist:
    Code:
    <key>NotificationList</key>
        <string>YES</string>

This may be just a limitation in iOS - it has a bunch of complex rendering going on for notifications. Maybe there's some kind of HTML hardware acceleration you could enable? (Googling "iOS HTML hardware acceleration" leads to some people talking about this - could be interesting to try.)
    Yup, I know how to enable hardware acceleration. That isn't what is going on here. Same exact LS performs flawlessly with groovylock and lockhtml3. Only in cydgets does it seem to stutter.

Cydget doesn't support keeping the default clock on the top layer... Also, it seems like a default clock + custom foreground layer wouldn't leave a lot of room for customizing?
    Not a huge deal. All my lockscreens have clocks built into them if I want to enable them. Some people just prefer to have the look of the default clock and date on lockscreens. Lockhtml3 accomodates this by still allowing the default clock even when the LS is in the foreground layer.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-02-19)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast