Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

I have already moved to Cydget almost exclusively. For anything that has touch or animation. For simple locks, I prefer groovyLock.

I have said over and over again, in multiple threads, that cydget is awesome. That it has so much potential... For the widget makers, yes. But I do have to agree with grant. The "end user" experience is a bit "clunky"

I too, when running SIMPLE locks, (for example 12 minute timed wall from MJSmash-- just wall-- no weather info or touch) have the same experience that June has had. That it initially loads, but after touching the home button, it disappears, and the lock screen wallpaper is there instead. Almost as if its "cycling" to a nonexistent widget. Yes, I have checked that there is nothing else checked... Blah blah. I find this happening is there is no HTML on the homepage layer, and only on the background layer.

I am not a member of the "widget weather" team. I take no sides here. I've had words with most of you at one point or another. Hell, June and I have had words previously, but when push comes to shove, I've supported his work and learned from him.

I DO understand Cydget. I still have a lot to learn, but I think it's overkill for the average user. Do you know how many emails I get. DAILY... Asking me how to make the widget show the emailers location?? For someone that doesn't get something as simple as that, how to explain they need to push a button for local storage.... That they need to go into settings app for preference bundles. Etc. IMO, this is like giving a 16 year old that just got their license the keys to a brand new Lamborghini and saying "see what it'll do"

I thank Saurik for his hard work, and I love making things that people love and use on their phones. I've learned quite a bit, with much more to learn.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-02-16), NewD (2014-02-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

I think MJ, that is all people wanted to hear. When I initially said I didn't like it over other options, I was told that I obviously don't code. Then when I preferred it to keep its current place for animations, again it was mentioned that this is a stupid idea.

From the conversations I have had with people, there was genuine interest in learning how to do it right but the attempts at having a dialogue were shut down. I think June experienced this with WW. But let's hope people continue to exchange ideas and team up.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-16 at 06:41 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-02-16)

Even Cydget has its issues, but I am pretty confident Saurik will deal with these.

For user emails. I know exactly how you feel it is horrible, but that is what comes with what we do. I do see other ways of making this easier, not only for us but for users as well.

Here is a video I threw together. This is what I was talking to Simon about, and I linked above.

YouTube

With cydgets we can add our own preferences that can be loaded from settings. Since cydget implements obj-c it isn't hard to pull the info that is set. No localStorage, it is saved using apples system. This could stop a lot of questions to us. More so if more people utilize this system. Think about iWidgets. Hardly any questions on how to set locations, 24hr etc. Not saying it gets rid of them all, but it would help drastically.

PS. I have a black wallpaper set, so this is what you see and not cydget loading time. I hate this bug so much.... Also thinking about coding one in its entirety tonight, recording it just to show how "simple" it can be.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-16 at 07:03 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-02-16), Simon (2014-02-16)

Thanks

Ok, June I am testing out your ConceptLS. I know this isn't you but let me express what is SO frustrating about Cydgets. If this is being worked on or I'm not doing something correctly just let me know.

Ok, so when I get a text message the LS is disregarded and my wallpaper is shown with the Stock Clock. When I dismiss said MSG it will stay like it is or it will restart the Cydget but keep the Stock Clock viewable. To unlock and lock my phone every time I get a text just to keep my lock screen is an exercise in futility.

I'm all ears June as to why this is a good thing.

Thanks

I didn't post it there June because this should be a Cydget issue, not a ConceptLS. It's not just your theme, it's all themes. I am just currently using your LS at this moment.

No ConceptLS has notifications set to NO so it is a conceptLS issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    No ConceptLS has notifications set to NO so it is a conceptLS issue.
    Ok thanks, I will change it. I always thought it was one of the oddities of Cydget.

See how little I know about Cydget.

Ok so I assume that enabling Notification removes touch functions?
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-16 at 05:39 PM.

Yes, to have notifications on top of the lockscreen, then the notification layer has to be above the touch layer. Otherwise you couldn't swipe to open the lockscreen to reply.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-02-16)

Thanks

Yes, to have notifications on top of the lockscreen, then the notification layer has to be above the touch layer. Otherwise you couldn't swipe to open the lockscreen to reply.
    I understand that but keep in mind I'm just experiencing the intricacies of Cydget. I just assumed it would work like LockHTML where getting a notification doesn't disable the LS or even touch. However that was implemented it is a much better benefit of LockHTML.

So, is there away to have best of both worlds?

I see you're not going to conversate about ConceptLS in the ConceptLS thread. So I'll just explain here....

If you use foreground and background you can have the same "wallpaper" as you have on the background and push it to the back layer. The notifications show on the back layer of ConceptLS. I do not use this foreground and background, because when it is enabled you will see the issue with the foreground and background.

Issue being when you lock/unlock the device the stock wallpaper will show. (sometimes) I dunno why it does this, but conceptLS is in public cydia. I will not change to foreground/background until it is fix, just to not deal with the emails of it not working correctly.

When I do this (which I have personally on my own device) then you will not be able to tell it uses two layers. It will just blur the background and seem to be on top of the Lockscreen. If you quick reply i'm not sure what it will do. I do not expect platforms to provide support for biteSMS (yet). LockHTML3 does the same thing i've heard. You reply and the ls will stay black. Not a big deal to me as I mentioned BiteSMS is still beta.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-02-16)

Thanks

Thank you June for the explanation. As for as your comment about me not going to the ConceptLS, is because I thought this was a Cydget support thread and this is not solely an issue with your theme. If it makes you feel better, this is an issue with Chevy's Cydget so I will reference that instead so don't feel like I'm not in the right thread.

I am using the bitesms beta and LockHTML Does not turn the screen black. It keeps the LS and I can quick reply without any issues. Bitesms and LockHTML work perfectly together and it's like it was back on iOS 6. This should be the goal for any Lock platform in my opinion.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-16 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Thank you June for the explanation. As for as your comment about me not going to the ConceptLS, is because I thought this was a Cydget support thread and this is not solely an issue with your theme. If it makes you feel better, this is an issue with Chevy's Cydget so I will reference that instead so don't feel like I'm not in the right thread.

I am using the bitesms beta and LockHTML Does not turn the screen black. It keeps the LS and I can quick reply without any issues
    I just say this, because others have the same question as you. So if it has to do with one of my themes, I like if I explain on that thread. It helps me from explaining twice. Which I do soooo much.

I received a comment about it blurring the background and it not coming back with LockHTML3 I asked @busheman about it and he was aware of this issue. I think you are on the beta team for LockHTML3 maybe this was fixed in a beta you received?

Thanks

Funny thing is, that it was fixed with the public release too. I am curious now why others don't experience this. I just assumed Bushe fixed it and all have been able to use bitesms without any conflict with their lock screens.

Funny thing is, that it was fixed with the public release too. I am curious now why others don't experience this. I just assumed Bushe fixed it and all have been able to use bitesms without any conflict with their lock screens.
    I don't see where this is funny, but thanks for the info.

Actually installed biteSMS and I'm able to send QR with no issues. ConceptLS

http://youtu.be/gTqIyxgRODw
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-16 at 06:18 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-02-16)

Thanks

I don't see where this is funny, but thanks for the info.
    Dude, June, I didn't mean "funny" in a literal way. It's just colloquial speak man.

I had a thought and I re-enabled the LockHTML dylib but kept the settings as off and I can get a text MSG and quick reply and it will resume your ConceptLS, I mean Chevys LS.

Just saw your video, I'm not talking. About quick replying June. That works fine. What I am talking about is getting a text msg and quick replying and it not retaining the LS but instead defaulting to your wallpaper. Understand?
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-02-16 at 06:24 PM.

Ah makes sense.

Well I thought this thread would be helpful for people wanting to learn about cydgets, but so far its filled with a lot of trash and a lot that is off topic. If you want to talk to me personally my email is [email protected]. I don't mind sharing info or help. I won't be contributing here much anymore.

I will continue to update Cydgets you can find most info here. (eventually)

Nothing to do with Krima's post, but I was advised it would be best. I agree

Peace.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-02-16 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks

I'm sorry you feel like I ruined this thread with Cydget questions and concerns. I just thought it was a thread like WW, UNIAW, iwidget, and most tweak based threads that affords people the freedom to discuss many issues.

I mean this sincerely, that is my mistake. Take care June. I appreciate you offering your email for support.

*edit
    nevermind....
    Last edited by The_Durben; 2014-02-16 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

I'm sorry you feel like I ruined this thread with Cydget questions and concerns. I just thought it was a thread like WW, UNIAW, iwidget, and most tweak based threads that affords people the freedom to discuss many issues.
    Krima, you did nothing wrong. This IS a thread about Cydget functionality and all your questions and their answers were worth reading about here.

But I also see June's points about, IF we're dealing SPECIFICALLY with ConceptLS or miWeather or Lockbuilder.. their being ConceptLS (etc, etc) - SUPERCEDES them being cydgets and discussion about their functionality or lack thereof should be, for simplicity's sake for the dev's sake - discussed in the Dev's specific thread.

But again -- we the 'poor users' have to be subscribed to 50 different threads to stay 'up to date'.. but I understand why a dev of a paid theme or LS would want to only deal with 'one' thread to offer cusotmer support and not multiple threads. Ask poor Jake about how having 2 threads for NGUI (4S and 5) is workin' out for him. Bad idea. He knows that now.

I am a junkie so I just read all threads and cut and paste pertinent things I'm learning in my Notes.app so it's in the cloud for me anywhere.

Thanks for your questions, Krima - they were helpful and explained one of things we ALL HATE about Cydgets in its current state with interacting with biteSMS (though Saurik could blame this on biteSMS).

Thanks for your replies, June -- even though I know you'll just have to answer the same question in the ConceptLS and LockBuilder threads eventually.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-17 at 02:19 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-02-17)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast